Round 2 : Sale of the team

If memory serves, at the time we were all having fun in the sale price prediction thread, none of us had an indication of just how restrictive the trust's instructions were as far as keeping the team local. At that time we were talking about the Pabst guy, the Pritzkers and others. That was an entirely different bidding environment from what we now know it to be.

Again I say, thank you Mr. Wilson for severely limiting the trust's working room, at significant cost to your estate. You deserve a statue the day after the sale is complete.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Toronto group canceled a scheduled tour of The Ralph today, which was part of the Morgan Stanley process of the finalists vetting and information exchange.

Put a fork in a group that had an entire eight piece set of forks and steak knives already in them.

Why would they want to tour a stadium located in a city in which they do not want to play?

3 bidders at less than $900,000,000 and only one of them serious. Kinda funny. And that's the non-binding bids. The real bid (likely only one) will be less.

Other way around, they said that the non binding bids would be lower. Obviously, the only goal of those was to advance to the next round. The team will sell over $1B but maybe not quite the $1.2B -$1.35B that I thought. My guess is somewhere get $1B and $1.1B.

Other way around, they said that the non binding bids would be lower. Obviously, the only goal of those was to advance to the next round. The team will sell over $1B but maybe not quite the $1.2B -$1.35B that I thought. My guess is somewhere get $1B and $1.1B.

Unless Trump calls up Morgan Stanley and says, "I will bid 1.2 billion if you promise me I won't get it."

Ha ha, "what's the highest bid that I can submit without having to write a check?"

I think that Golisano will be almost exactly $1B and Pegula slightly higher.

It's probably very good publicity for Tom Golisano to bid a billion dollars for the Bills to keep them in Buffalo and then be outbid by El Petulante. That will probably serve TG well.

So who is staking out the stadium for the bidder's tour and who can see if Trump has his plane at the airport?

Somebody has to go to Tempo to?

Can we ask if George Seifert can help out?

Anything else that I've missed?

If it was Ted Nugent we could look for deers in Jim Kelly's yard, but since it's Bon Jovi, maybe we should check whether he's "come out of the stable" and will play at Bronypolooza:

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/08/bros-and-my-little-pony/375793/2/

So who is staking out the stadium for the bidder's tour and who can see if Trump has his plane at the airport?

Somebody has to go to Tempo to?

Can we ask if George Seifert can help out?

Anything else that I've missed?

Dude?

Who's driving the Taurus now?

Not buying it Kelly. The league wants this team in Toronto. We all should just come to that realization that Buffalo isn't worthy of an NFL team. JBJ is going to buy it, pay the $400M to get out of the lease and move the team by 2015.

But I read on here that the NFL will pay the $400M themselves, because they want the team somewhere else. So, JBJ can save that money, obviously.