ESPN- Spiller could be traded soon

Frez

I hate these repeated threads about trading CJ.

There are many reasons to keep him, but I will never convince those whose agenda is to get rid of him.

For those who appreciate a great teammate with dynamic game changing talent, I would keep the guy who has demonstrated he is not a prima Donna, was tough enough to average 4.6 yards on a high ankle sprain, and who just a few days ago said he is a Buffalo Bill "through and through" and "loves" the people, city, and team.

Edited by Peter

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I think this trade talk is silly, too. If someone were to offer a first, I'd have to think hard but I'd still rather re-sign him. Regardless, that's just plain not going to happen. There is no team willing to offer what he means to us this year. He's done everything you could ask of him and if used properly can change the outcome of a season. Not to mention, he's so damn fun to watch!

I hate these repeated threads about trading CJ.

There are many reasons to keep him, but I will never convince those whose agenda is to get rid of him.

For those who appreciate a great teammate with dynamic game changing talent, I would keep the guy who has demonstrated he is not a prima Donna, was tough enough to average 4.6 yards on a high ankle sprain, and who just a few days ago said he is a Buffal Bill "through and through" and "loves" the people, city, and team.

Now we just have to get him to LUV a reasonable multi year contract!

I am a firm believer in keeping talent hear, especially talent we drafted in the 1st round.

I was just watching sports center and the ESPN analyst said Buffalo will NOT keep four RB's going into the season. Look for the Bills to unload CJ Spiller before the season starts according to him.

This could get interesting...........

Trade for another player or trade for an extra draft pick for next season?

POPPYCOCK ! absurd really.

he doesn't even have an agent yet.

I wish folks would stop with the negative trip against him .

It's just wrong .

if the Bills decide to trade him fine. But why do fans feel the need to project his demise off a stupid article ?

CJ Spiller has worked his ass off for this team and you folks treat him like baggage.

nice. :censored:

Would anybody be interested in trading Spiller for SF Guard Alex Boone?

http://profootballta...ard-alex-boone/

Rated in the Top Ten for Guards last season.

No. now TJ maybe

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/09/trade-a-possibility-for-holdout-guard-alex-boone/

NO. He isn't worth that.

@john_wawrow: All this #Bills RB CJ Spiller trade speculation is just that: Pure and utter speculation. Can't see a trade happening.

@john_wawrow: “@Bmaz36: @john_wawrow do you see all 4 running backs making the roster?” Yes.

If this is true...in the 2015 draft, I think we can bet on the Bills drafting one of...

- Todd Gurley: 6-1, 226 lbs (my choice)

- Melvin Gordon: 6-1, 213 lbs

- TJ Yeldon: 6-2, 221 lbs

And if history means anything lately, they should all be available in the 2nd round...so maybe grabbing a 2nd for Spiller would work.

(I do not advocate trading Spiller, especially if they expect to make a run at the playoffs...but if he's going to walk, you need to get something for him.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/09/trade-a-possibility-for-holdout-guard-alex-boone/

Absolutely not...plus, Spiller is not the kind of RB the 49ers seem to like...Gore, Lattimore and Hyde are all pretty big backs.

(The Saints would be a perfect spot for CJ Spiller...even the Rams or the Cardinals.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

Fred Jackson has been great and I really like him as our #2 RB. I think he is one of the best in that role, but does anyone really think that we should pin our hopes on a 33 year old starter at RB? I don't see anyone I'm excited about behind him either. I would not be surprised if this was CJ's agent's way of drumming up an offer to get CJ out of town and on a team willing to give him a long term deal now.

Speaking of dumb, CJ still does not have an agent!

Maybe because CJ will be a FA! How many people can you franchise next year! You will have CJ, Darius and maybe Spikes. So pick one or maybe pick 2 and trade one! They will all want to test FAs next year! So maybe they will be forced to do something they might not want to do!

Maybe because CJ will be a FA! How many people can you franchise next year! You will have CJ, Darius and maybe Spikes. So pick one or maybe pick 2 and trade one! They will all want to test FAs next year! So maybe they will be forced to do something they might not want to do!

We picked up the 5th year option on Marcel. He's signed through 2015.

Let's see,.. Cant' find the hole... Can't run between the tackles... Guy can barely stay healthy, and is largely ineffective when he is... Why not let him go to someone who feels they can do something with him?

Package him and TJ for a second round plus a later round pick...

Let's see,.. Cant' find the hole... Can't run between the tackles... Guy can barely stay healthy, and is largely ineffective when he is... Why not let him go to someone who feels they can do something with him?

Package him and TJ for a second round plus a later round pick...

Why on earth would anyone trade anything, let alone a second, for the guy you just described? Pick one or the other, Spiller is worthless or we can trade him for a decent pick.

http://profootballta...ard-alex-boone/

Yes.

I'm not in the "trade CJ" camp. But a top Guard impacts every offensive play. A talented RB impacts only a few plays per game.

And I think every player on the Bills offense would agree. I'm sure they love CJ, but they also love run blocking, pass protection, etc. even more.

Edited by maddenboy

Why on earth would anyone trade anything, let alone a second, for the guy you just described? Pick one or the other, Spiller is worthless or we can trade him for a decent pick.

Because coaches have big egos and think they're the one who can bring out the potential of another team's underachievers.