ESPN- Spiller could be traded soon

Frez

If we got a 1st (unlikely) then we essentially traded Spiller for Watkins and the difference between the location of the two first rounders. Not a bad deal, potentially.

Saying we traded Spiller for Watkins is utterly dumb. drafting Watkins doesnt make Spiller expendable

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying we traded Spiller for Watkins is utterly dumb. drafting Watkins doesnt make Spiller expendable

But maybe feeding Watkins in the short passing game and looking for YAC takes things off CJ's plate, even assuming Hackett knew how to use him, which so far is not the case.

And If BB hits the hole better running with speed and more authority, what does CJ add in the power 1 run game?

Personally I don't think CJ is traded.

The real value added would be for the OC to attend a Chan Gailey tutorial.

Why on earth would anyone trade anything, let alone a second, for the guy you just described? Pick one or the other, Spiller is worthless or we can trade him for a decent pick.

Don't hurt yourself trying to imagine this, but Spiller does have his selling points... Decent speed, good attitude, -good work ethic... It's not his fault we drafted a kick returner to be a running back. When selling a used car, do you disclose every single thing that's wrong with it? Yes? -Good. To some people it still won't matter. They'll pay because they feel they can do something with it that you can't or won't.

Some GM coulda had a hard-on for CJ since '09... Maybe he feels we've been using him all wrong, and squandering his talent...

Either way, why not put him on the block? See what kind of interest there is? He doesn't help the team enough for the idea of trading him to be a sacred cow.

Don't hurt yourself trying to imagine this, but Spiller does have his selling points... Decent speed, good attitude, -good work ethic... It's not his fault we drafted a kick returner to be a running back. When selling a used car, do you disclose every single thing that's wrong with it? Yes? -Good. To some people it still won't matter. They'll pay because they feel they can do something with it that you can't or won't.

Some GM coulda had a hard-on for CJ since '09... Maybe he feels we've been using him all wrong, and squandering his talent...

Either way, why not put him on the block? See what kind of interest there is? He doesn't help the team enough for the idea of trading him to be a sacred cow.

Wow, that's a classic of damning with faint praise. Those are the positives you come up with for Spiller and you still think someone is going to pay a second for him?

And my point wasn't about whether we should or shouldn't trade Spiller. It was solely that I can't take your argument seriously. If you said we should trade him for a fifth and count ourselves lucky, I might disagree with your take on his value but at least it would be consistent.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 8m

Doug Whaley says any C.J. Spiller rumors are news to him. No teams have contacted him about trading for Spiller.

Doug Whaley has slow ears.

I'm going to be that guy and point out that this statement would be technically true if the Bills were the ones making the phone calls

Doug Whaley also "had no plans to deal Stevie."