ESPN- Spiller could be traded soon

Frez

I caught the same thing this morning and pay absolutely no attention to it. It was four taking heads that I have never seen before talking about what they are looking forward to seeing in the preseason games tonight.

They literally spent less then 10 seconds per game and only one person said something about each game. When the Bills came up, the idiot at the end of the table whose turn came up mumbled something about how the Bills have four running backs and they are not going to keep all four (I was thinking of all the issues with our QB situation, the new Defense, Sammy.......you are looking at our 4 RB's?). He seemed like he had no knowledge of the Bills and they told him to look something up real quick to talk about. I think he was a recent ex-NFL'er who looked shell shocked to be on TV. Didn't recognize him though.The main host as they were cutting away to the next NBA segment then threw in something almost in passing about the possibility of CJ trade because FJ got an extension and CJ didn't. It was garbage talk.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like spiller I think he is great. When he was healthy the year before he was averaging 6 yards a carry

That was Off the charts stuff. Then last year he was never healthy with the high ankle sprain.

If they know there not going to sign him in the off season then they might want to trade him now

Before he gets hurt or injured. Here is what I would like to get.

Also they might want to keep him because the Bills are in Win now mode

With new owner coming in. He might let the GM and and the entire coaching staff go

Plus if Pegula buys the team he might be willing to spend the money

On Spiller. So maybe a wait and see becomes the owner approach

Would be wise. The offer for spiller would have to be a no brainier

For Bills to do it.

So for me here's what I would want

QB Kurt Cousins , he will not stay in wash when his contract is up

He looked great last night against the patriots.

Or trade 2

QB Mike Glennon Tampa bay. This guy is good new coach in Tampa

they signed Josh McCown in the off season to a big contract from the Bears

Lovie Smith is now the coach. All new coaches so there going in a different

Direction. Plus McCown put on a show and went off last year when

The bears starting QB went down. He is sort of like a Rich Gannon

Who was a Vet who kick around then got to the raiders and all of a sudden

He became great. Josh seems like this is what's going on with him.

He was signed by Tampa as there Starting QB. So I would differently trade

For Glennon if I could get him.

I would also trade him for a 2nd round pick although I would prefer a 1st round pick.

I really think the Bills need to address the QB position or Tightened or a stud Linebacker.

seriously, dude, stop writing 5th grade haiku..... your wraparound, incomplete sentences and reaches (if Pegula buys the team maybe he'll be wiling to spend the money. On Spiller....(((((( ) are maddening to read.

they should hang onto him unless they get an insane offer for him...like a 1st rounder. and i don't think it's out of the question that it could happen. i'm sure there are plenty of teams who think the only reason he is not a star is that eh bills suck and don't know how to use him. they could be right.

if no offers like that come, then the worst case scenario we have actual depth at a position where we are always hurt. I'm not sure why i don't hear anyone pointing that out. just because we start the season with 3 or 4 good RBs doesn't mean we'll have that many for long. Sorry to say this, but at his age, it is a better than 50/50 chance Fred misses multiple games with injury. and at 33, when he hits the wall, he's gonna hit it hard. i love him, but that's reality.

i don't think cj is going to resign.

ofcoursehe'snotgoingtoresign

whywouldheresignhe'sayoungmanatthetopofhisgame

hecansimplyplayoutthisyearandmakemillions

idon'tthinkwe'llseehimresignuntilhe'sinhismidthirties

ofcoursehecouldsignwithanotherteamandleaveTheBillswithout re-signing with them.

I caught the same thing this morning and pay absolutely no attention to it. It was four taking heads that I have never seen before talking about what they are looking forward to seeing in the preseason games tonight.

They literally spent less then 10 seconds per game and only one person said something about each game. When the Bills came up, the idiot at the end of the table whose turn came up mumbled something about how the Bills have four running backs and they are not going to keep all four (I was thinking of all the issues with our QB situation, the new Defense, Sammy.......you are looking at our 4 RB's?). He seemed like he had no knowledge of the Bills and they told him to look something up real quick to talk about. I think he was a recent ex-NFL'er who looked shell shocked to be on TV. Didn't recognize him though.The main host as they were cutting away to the next NBA segment then threw in something almost in passing about the possibility of CJ trade because FJ got an extension and CJ didn't. It was garbage talk.

I didn't see it - but this is EXACTLY how I pictured it going down. :lol:

Perhaps the "not use move than two RBs in a game" comment is being misinterpreted. You can still have a short yardage or goal line back (Dixon), while reserving the bulk of the carries and touches to your two main guys. The 4th is injury insurance and a ST contributor.

Spiller won't be traded.

Correct. Marrone was saying he wasn't going to use a "3-back" rotation. But from what we have seen in practice, we have CJ and Fred on the field in the same package. Now picture one goes down, even for 1 game. Throw the package out the window? No. Insert Brown, who can fit either CJ's role due to speed or Fred's role due to style. Don't scrap your game plan. Go to your depth.

Dixon is a core ST and can pound the rock at the goal line. FB.

ofcoursehe'snotgoingtoresign

whywouldheresignhe'sayoungmanatthetopofhisgame

hecansimplyplayoutthisyearandmakemillions

idon'tthinkwe'llseehimresignuntilhe'sinhismidthirties

ofcoursehecouldsignwithanotherteamandleaveTheBillswithout re-signing with them.

Take it easy on the cocaine, man.

The more running backs the better. Insurance is a luxury.

It does worry me that they just can't seem to use Spiller well. The magic potion is not running him into heavy traffic. If they want to keep that up they may as well trade him for a pick and/or player.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 41m

Fan Friday 8-8 http://wp.me/plmrg-alj...

according to Chris we keep 4 running backs

surprising no one except Rodak and other drama stirrers

Posted two days ago on the other, other, other CJ thread:

@ChrisTrapasso: Just heard from #Bills source regarding the organization's stance on C.J. Spiller: "no thoughts of moving him at all right now."

@ChrisTrapasso: Source also added: "plan (right now) is keeping 4 RBs on the roster for the start of the season."

@ChrisTrapasso: Obviously, things can change. But the past two tweets = what I'm told is the #Bills stance on C.J. Spiller right now.

Edited by YoloinOhio

God damn it! This is an example of the sorry state of sports reporting.

Mike Rodak took Doug Marrone's comment incorrectly and wrote an incorrect article.

"I don’t know if I want to get it down to three. I’ve never been a guy that has three backs playing in the game," Marrone said. "I’ve always believed, and you guys know, in the two backs. It’ll come down to two backs; the two backs going in there."

Marrone is clearly talking about ON THE FIELD, Not ROSTER, Not Rotation.

But Rodak ran with it and wrote this silly breakdown of carries in a Morrone's NFL Career

http://espn.go.com/b...ls-to-two-backs

Clearly Marrone will give some carries to Brown and whoever else throughout the season. It is braindead to even suggest that only Two RBs would see the field throughout the season.

Now mainstream ESPN is taking one of their less intelligent Blogger's incorrect article and extrapolating a sensations slant.

Marrone is not Talking about ON THE ROSTER!

Marrone is not Talking about CARRIES IN A ROTATION!

Marrone is talking about two backs on the field at the same time and NOT putting Three back on the FIELD at the same time.

:wallbash:

That is kinda what I was thinking....

surprising no one except Rodak and other drama stirrers

Posted two days ago on the other, other, other CJ thread:

@ChrisTrapasso: Just heard from #Bills source regarding the organization's stance on C.J. Spiller: "no thoughts of moving him at all right now."

@ChrisTrapasso: Source also added: "plan (right now) is keeping 4 RBs on the roster for the start of the season."

@ChrisTrapasso: Obviously, things can change. But the past two tweets = what I'm told is the #Bills stance on C.J. Spiller right now.

I have no trouble believing this at all. But if a GM not in the AFCE calls Whaley and says "how about Spiller for a 2015 1st?" I think there will be a lengthy discussion at OBD at the very least :)

I have no trouble believing this at all. But if a GM not in the AFCE calls Whaley and says "how about Spiller for a 2015 1st?" I think there will be a lengthy discussion at OBD at the very least :)

Whaley's answer should be "Absolutelycheckyourinboxyoushouldhavethepaperwork. Nicedoingbusinesswithyou.Click"

I doubt a team would give a 3rd for Spiller with 1 year on his contract.

There is no market for RBs these days even Spiller.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Maybe - but keep in mind that this may be a make or break year for DW and if Spiller figures significantly into their offensive game plan, they trade him for a future pick, and then they have an injury that rocks their running game and plan, he may not ever see that draft pick. If they are truly all in for this year, then it doesn't make sense for Whaley to part with him at all especially this close to the season. He is a unique RB who, if they plan to use him properly, an important part of whether their offense is going to be successful. This year. Which is what I think he is focused on. The more weapons he has around EJ the better chance he has of saving his job and making his decisions look smart.