New sale of team thread

@JohnKryk: Glum Toronto group privately rating chances as 'slim' it can match Pegula in #Bills bidding, source says: http://t.co/b8yMLpIPUX

Kryk is not budging from his stand that Pegula is the guy. Tim Graham responds with doubt and vagueries. Kyrk is laying it out there. This guy is embarrassing the Buffalo News with his scoops.

you'd think a "miracle worker" would at least make the playoffs once every 15 years

This shows how clueless you are about what Brandon does. Why not blame the janitors and secretaries at OBD for the playoff drought too?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shows how clueless you are about what Brandon does. Why not blame the janitors and secretaries at OBD for the playoff drought too?

My sources tell me the secretaries are not to blame (and in fact do a tremendous job), but some splashes around the urinals may have cost as many as three games last year. Take that for what you'd like.

It is amazing how the "scoops" come from everyone BUT the Buffalo News

I hope Pegula is the guy and maybe getting Golisano in is a way to avoid making it look like a 1 horse race.....

I wouldn't put it past Bon Jovi's group to make noise about being excluded unfairly.

My sources tell me the secretaries are not to blame (and in fact do a tremendous job), but some splashes around the urinals may have cost as many as three games last year. Take that for what you'd like.

My sources tell me differently, that overuse of staples and paperclips have prevented the Bills from paying out big money for free agents. Meanwhile the urinals are clean enough to drink out of.

My sources tell me differently, that overuse of staples and paperclips have prevented the Bills from paying out big money for free agents. Meanwhile the urinals are clean enough to drink out of.

The urinals might be clean, but what about the troughs and sinks?

i'll check the sink, I'm standing right in front of it, just gimmie a second to shake....

not for nothing but the trough is the model of urine efficiency and I hope they keep them. individual urinals at stadiums are stupid.

I remember going to games at Bobby Dodd Stadium in ATL and the trough was cut into the floor and you'd pee on the tiled wall while a flow of water flowed through the trough left to right out of the room. it was extremely Roman

Anyone catch when they showed Brandon in a box and he had a laptop in front of him and he was super focused on the game? Yeah that guy isn't dabbling on the football team or playing gm in any way.

There's at least 7 people I know that we're doing exactly the same thing for last nihht's game...does that make each of us the GM? It perhaps we're just really interested in how the team performs?

The "Brandon I calling the football shots" rhetoric just isn't true, no matter how badly some folks want to carry on this witch hunt.

7 people should be people qualified to evaluate talent and gameplan. Let's stop pretending this guy doesn't carry a huge influence. I would. I don't blame him. This is exactly what a new owner needs to put a stop to. Since Brandon has as ended to and above football ops nothing but last place finishes.

7 people should be people qualified to evaluate talent and gameplan. Let's stop pretending this guy doesn't carry a huge influence. I would. I don't blame him. This is exactly what a new owner needs to put a stop to. Since Brandon has as ended to and above football ops nothing but last place finishes.

Whaley is making the personnel and coaching decisions...there's nothing Brandon-related to put a stop to.

I realize you don't believe that, but that's the case.

Promo:

Calling me clueless as to what Brandon does is yet another mis-direction on your part away from the original question, "what specifically has Brandon done to keep the Bills in Buffalo". I'm sorry my "tongue in cheek" response to that absolutely ridiculous quote that some how Brandon is a miracle worker to get the Bills profitable in a league with $6B in revenues while operating a team with no debt and $15M+ under-spending the salary cap offended your sensitive side when it comes to your hero, Russ Brandon.

Again, I ask, what has Brandon done to keep the Bills in Buffalo, that's the question. From my vantage point, he didn't have the power to move the team over the past 15 years, he isn't on the 4-member voting trust that will decide the next owner, he didn't create the language in the lease that keeps team in Buffalo for next 7+ years and he sure as hell didn't get Terry Pegula interested in buying the team, so, if you would go back to the original question and answer that, maybe we can have a productive exchange.

Promo:

Calling me clueless as to what Brandon does is yet another mis-direction on your part away from the original question, "what specifically has Brandon done to keep the Bills in Buffalo". I'm sorry my "tongue in cheek" response to that absolutely ridiculous quote that some how Brandon is a miracle worker to get the Bills profitable in a league with $6B in revenues while operating a team with no debt and $15M+ under-spending the salary cap offended your sensitive side when it comes to your hero, Russ Brandon.

Again, I ask, what has Brandon done to keep the Bills in Buffalo, that's the question. From my vantage point, he didn't have the power to move the team over the past 15 years, he isn't on the 4-member voting trust that will decide the next owner, he didn't create the language in the lease that keeps team in Buffalo for next 7+ years and he sure as hell didn't get Terry Pegula interested in buying the team, so, if you would go back to the original question and answer that, maybe we can have a productive exchange.

Regionalization of the brand, moving the camp to SJF, bringing in a fan base from Southern Ontario. These are all efforts that have made the Bills in WNY viable and profitable despite perceptions

(and misconceptions) of the area as economically depressed.

The only thing I can assume is that the trust wants Golisano to get the team, and if not, at least drive up the price Pegula pays. Not sure why but nothing else really makes sense.

The fact that you believe this is proof of why demonstrating due diligence is so important to the trust. It lends an air of legitimacy to the process such that it puts the final decision beyond doubt or appeal.

Regionalization of the brand, moving the camp to SJF, bringing in a fan base from Southern Ontario. These are all efforts that have made the Bills in WNY viable and profitable despite perceptions

(and misconceptions) of the area as economically depressed.

Plus, as I mentioned, his appointment by Ralph to CEO was a great move with the other owners--they LOVE Russ Brandon.