I hate Chris Hogan; not really hate, but you know what I mean

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Hogan do to be hated so much on this board? All he does is catch passes. Mr Reliable. He isn't flashy but he gets the job done. He shouldn't be taking any snaps away from Woods but as a utility player he is just fine

What does Hogan do to be hated so much on this board? All he does is catch passes. Mr Reliable. He isn't flashy but he gets the job done. He shouldn't be taking any snaps away from Woods but as a utility player he is just fine

he is taking snaps away from Woods.

Sure, technically, he's caught more than 1 pass.... Barely.

I think it is quite possible Hogan has developed into a better slot than woods. He will never be a better outside receiver than woods

well here is what makes me mad. And I am not one to get mad and I LOVED the trade and I love sammy. But woods can play outside. MW can play outside. If you don't put woods in the slot, now we have 3 guys for 2 starting outside spots and we have up a ton for one of them. Sorry, just getting to me. EJ has the best chemistry with Woods and now he won't be out there all the time. Venting.

well here is what makes me mad. And I am not one to get mad and I LOVED the trade and I love sammy. But woods can play outside. MW can play outside. If you don't put woods in the slot, now we have 3 guys for 2 starting outside spots and we have up a ton for one of them. Sorry, just getting to me. EJ has the best chemistry with Woods and now he won't be out there all the time. Venting.

Why would you put woods in the slot if hogan was the better slot player? Not saying he definitely is, but it's a different skill set than outside receiver.

Why would you put woods in the slot if hogan was the better slot player? Not saying he definitely is, but it's a different skill set than outside receiver.

i just wish they had figured all that out before giving up so much for an outside WR. Maybe they are renting MW.

All he does is catch passes.

Precisely. I know our standards have been lowered but what you do with the ball AFTER the catch is important. He supposedly has sub 4.5 speed but he hasn't shown an ability to do anything after the catch. Robert Woods might not be durable enough for the slot, but he can take a short pass and do some damage with it. IMO they started Mike Williams opposite Watkins because they want the largest catching radius possible to hopefully bring down EJ's wing-and-prayer passes and build up his confidence..... so maybe Hogan is getting play because he is a bigger target as well. EJ did nearly get Woods killed a few times last year as well, maybe they just figure EJ will finish Woods off if they put him in the slot.

1. High Motor

2. Lunch Pailer

3. Playing a skill position

That's 3 strikes against him for some. Other than an occasional slam here & there, I don't hate him... but until he finally does something on the field in a game, I'll continue to be unimpressed.

I'm still of the belief that Woods will be our most productive receiver this year. He'll benefit from the extra attention Sammy gets. If this trend continues though, well....I might have to join Kirby's crusade.

Precisely. I know our standards have been lowered but what you do with the ball AFTER the catch is important. He supposedly has sub 4.5 speed but he hasn't shown an ability to do anything after the catch.

He. Has. Ten. Catches.

In college he had 12.

Great post Yolo... :D

It's preseason, so they're giving everyone an opportunity to take the next step...maybe they're thinking that Hogan is more

of a traditional slot guy than Woods, so he's going to get the chance to take that job. And if he ends up beating out Woods

at the slot, doesn't that just mean he is better at that position...which is a good thing.

Also, who knows how they are really planning on using Sammy. He's not just going to run fly patterns. There will be screens

and plays over the middle, etc. Which could mean that at times Sammy would play slot and you could sit Hogan and play Woods

outside. Plus, there will be plenty of times when they put 4 receivers out there and there are also injuries. So, you want to have multiple

options for any formation. Which all means that there will still be plenty of balls for Robert (provided EJ and the O-line play well) whether

he is first man in the slot or not. And he's too good not to have on the field, so he'll get his playing time wherever it is.

If Hogan can capably handle the slot, that's good because then the offense has so many options with different personnel groupings. So,

I wouldn't read too much into it yet. They know what Robert can do and he already has good chemistry with EJ. The other three need more

time, experience, reps with EJ.

Edited by folz