C J Spiller

C J Spiller will not be on this team in 2015 and maybe not this season.

CJ can become a free agent after this season. I believe he will absolutely want to test free agency and has no plans to give the Bills any kind of home town discount. in fact, I don't think he wants to be here.

CJ has said he will seek advice from Jairus Byrd on how to handle free agency.

Jason LaCanfora just came out with a story stating the Bills would consider trading CJ. probably leaked by the Bills to drum up interest.

the bills admitted they tried to move up into the second round of this years draft in order to pick RB Carlos Hyde. even though you would consider RB our first or second strongest and deepest unit (other than DL). possibly the strongest RB unit in the league of any team.

the bills traded for Eagles RB Bryce Brown.

the bills added Anthony Dixon.

the Bills extended fred Jackson another year.

Spiller is not viewed as an every down type of back. he gets winded easily.

he is very elusive and a game breaking home run threat.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ can become a free agent after this season. I believe he will absolutely want to test free agency and has no plans to give the Bills any kind of home town discount. in fact, I don't think he wants to be here.

Jason LaCanfora just came out with a story stating the Bills would consider trading CJ. probably leaked by the Bills to drum up interest.

the bills admitted they tried to move up into the second round of this years draft in order to pick RB Carlos Hyde. even though you would consider RB our first or second strongest and deepest unit (other than DL). possibly the strongest RB unit in the league of any team.

They made the move to squire Brown after they couldn't get Hyde...

I certainly don't know how it will play out, but I'm on the side of re-signing him if it's reasonable...

Oh, btw... IN!!!

lacanfora didn't say they would consider trading him. He said that he guessed that maybe they would. Difference. If CJ is on the block, the other GMs know. They don't need to follow LaCanfora on Twitter for that info. For that matter, a large majority of players on any team are available for the right offer and Whaley likely fiejds calls for him and others regardless. It is all speculation. The bills are using CJ and Fred on the field at the sane time in certain sets according to camp reports. To move him now screws up their play book right before the season. They do not have a replacement for him. Bryce Brown is going to spell Fred and replace him if he is injured and when he's done. He is a rich mans tashard choice. Dixon is a short yardage back who will at FB and was primarily signed for ST. If they removed CJ from this offense this year I would be floored. Next year, I believe it will be up to him if he is here, if he has a good year.

They made the move to squire Brown after they couldn't get Hyde...

I certainly don't know how it will play out, but I'm on the side of re-signing him if it's reasonable...

Oh, btw... IN!!!

#rollhyde

May as well get in.

I do find it odd that in the select BB.com video highlights, they rarely show CJ.

his pic is all over the website and he is one of few who was in the recent CBS photo shoot. The camp videos are probably handled by interns.

his pic is all over the website and he is one of few who was in the recent CBS photo shoot. The camp videos are probably handled by interns.

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy or a pending trade, just find it odd that there are very few plays that even interns find highlight-worthy. Maybe the comment is better served in the training camp update threads.

Let's hope EJ doesn't have a good year this year. People will be talking about trading him and talking up Thad Lewis. The only way you win games is to keep great players. CJ is one of those greats. The problem is Hackett.

Have you guys ever had the bacon and doughnut flavored poptarts at osu???

I once saw someone with bacon wrapped deep fried poptarts. Not much to look at but they seemed to like them.

And before you ask, I had a brainfart and forgot to ask what kind of poptarts they were ;)

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy or a pending trade, just find it odd that there are very few plays that even interns find highlight-worthy. Maybe the comment is better served in the training camp update threads.

It's part of the plan to help and keep CJ. Last year, every promo had CJ in it and he got hurt and had an off year.

As far as the OP's take, Spiller has openly stated at least a few times that he wants to stay here.