Buffalo is winning the AFC East Division this year.

There, I said it. No disrespect to any of the other teams in the division. But this truly is our time! The Patriots are the Patriots but we have played them very close in at least one game per year for the last few years and we have let them off the hook more than them winning those games.

I do expect the Jets to be a very difficult task for the Bills. They will have a strong ground game with a stifling defense. QB Geno Smith won't have the weapons that EJ has and quite frankly I think EJ is the better QB. There would be no shame in a split with them and that is what's going to be needed to capture the division.

The Dolphins should be last in the division but that doesn't make them a push over. With an unsettled OL the Bills' DL should be able to put plenty of pressure on Tannehill. Their ground game isn't intimidating and while they have decent WRs and a solid TE this is where we win on defense.

I do believe that 9-7 or 10-6 can win this division and that it's very realistic for the Bills to achieve this. Of course if we were to take significant injuries than you can throw all this out the window but the same could be said for any other team in the league. Could the Bills even have a better record than this? Of course they can but a lot of things would have to fall in place for them for this to happen. All I want is for them is to play good sound football and not shoot themselves in the foot like they have so many times in the past several years. 2014 is our time, now let's go do it!

Go Bills!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's a stretch at all. I expect this team to get better each week, even if they start slowly against the Bears. Playing an out of conference opponent, on the road, to start the season might be the best part of the schedule as it allows them to play with house money essentially. Even if they lose, it's week one and a non conference loss that won't haunt them late in the year. Plus, they follow that game up with two winnable home games, the first being the Fins AND the home opener meaning the Ralph will be rocking regardless of the outcome in Chicago. A 3-1 start to the season is very possible.

The second quarter of the season is tougher with the *pats coming to town and two games on the road against the Lions and Jets. The *pats (they're not even worthy of being capitalized anymore) game is a must win. If they can hit that game at 5-1 or 4-2, the Ralph will be insane and I think tips the scales. If the Bills can finish the first half of the season at 5-3, or 6-2 the second half of the season becomes a coming out party for the team and momentum carries them past the Chiefs, Fins, Jets and Browns with three of those being at home. 9-3 or 10-2 makes the Denver and Greenbay easier to bear if the wheels fall off. A split, or even a sweep, wouldn't be the end of the world as Oakland will be a great bounce-back remedy despite the west coast trip.

That would set up the division title to be decided in the last week of the season.

All of that is idealistic of course, but if you can't be optimistic at this time of the year then what's the point?!

Have you been to Bills practice yet this year OP? If not, let's wait and see how they look Sunday. EJ is still too big of a question mark at this point to think we will win the division. He just hasn't looked good out there from what I've seen, but let's see how he looks in a real game I suppose

Have you been to Bills practice yet this year OP? If not, let's wait and see how they look Sunday. EJ is still too big of a question mark at this point to think we will win the division. He just hasn't looked good out there from what I've seen, but let's see how he looks in a real game I suppose

No, I live in Florida. I have seen some of the highlights on my mobile app and what I will say is that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Robert Woods is a monster this year. Having Sammy mixed in with some big splash plays and a grind 'em out run game isn't a far fetched remedy to help compensate for whatever shortcomings that EJ might have. I read somewheres that all EJ has to be is a point guard and not make drive killing plays. I like that analogy and believe that that's a realistic approach for him to take. What is factual is that we have a powerful run game with monstrous Olinemen with a strong defense, especially the DL. That's a recipe for success, even if the team is Buffalo! Yes, it's time to get excited fellas, haven't you Herd, the Stampede is on! Btw, what might be conceived as a negative I believe is our greatest asset and that is our administration has it's balls on the line. They may have no tomorrow and I think that they will play with reckless abandonment and just let the bullets fly. There's a reason why the Bills came up with the slogan that "it's our time", that's because there is no time. This year is our year, this one is for Ralph!

Go Bills!

I don't think it's a stretch at all. I expect this team to get better each week, even if they start slowly against the Bears. Playing an out of conference opponent, on the road, to start the season might be the best part of the schedule as it allows them to play with house money essentially. Even if they lose, it's week one and a non conference loss that won't haunt them late in the year. Plus, they follow that game up with two winnable home games, the first being the Fins AND the home opener meaning the Ralph will be rocking regardless of the outcome in Chicago. A 3-1 start to the season is very possible.

The second quarter of the season is tougher with the *pats coming to town and two games on the road against the Lions and Jets. The *pats (they're not even worthy of being capitalized anymore) game is a must win. If they can hit that game at 5-1 or 4-2, the Ralph will be insane and I think tips the scales. If the Bills can finish the first half of the season at 5-3, or 6-2 the second half of the season becomes a coming out party for the team and momentum carries them past the Chiefs, Fins, Jets and Browns with three of those being at home. 9-3 or 10-2 makes the Denver and Greenbay easier to bear if the wheels fall off. A split, or even a sweep, wouldn't be the end of the world as Oakland will be a great bounce-back remedy despite the west coast trip.

That would set up the division title to be decided in the last week of the season.

All of that is idealistic of course, but if you can't be optimistic at this time of the year then what's the point?!

great post. Makes a ton of sense.

That would be great. They need to get lucky with Injuries and turnover ratio; they need to do what KC did last year. Could happen. Why not? But EJ's not going to become a miracle worker in his 1st full season.

Don't do the game by game matchup analysis though... it makes no sense. All the Bills opponents do the same thing and every one of them has the Bills game down as a "W" with something like, "EJ will crumble at some point and Bills become the Bills....."

Edited by 8and8Forever

I think Wild Card is a much more realistic goal for this season. I just don't see us overtaking the Pats quite yet. 9-7 or 10-6 won't get that done but I think we could certainly finish with either of those records.

I think Wild Card is a much more realistic goal for this season. I just don't see us overtaking the Pats quite yet. 9-7 or 10-6 won't get that done but I think we could certainly finish with either of those records.

Just took a look at the Pats* schedule... For being a division winner, I think their schedule looks pretty easy... Can't see them losing more than 5 games.... Of course as Brady ages and the talent around him thins, the wheels could come off at any time...

It's koolaid time is all, no worries. 9-7 winning the division? :)

i love the optimism, but i don't see it. ne is still too good to take it all.

that said, i think this is the first time in years that we could actually compete for it. while we play a lot of tough teams, i can't ask for a better schedule to play them in. if ej can be a game manager, i think the defense and run game is good enough to ride.