What is better, no guns, or more guns?

31 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Where's "He was preemptively defending himself, because he knew the cop was going to kill him!"

The officers car after the exchange, he fired at the perp through the winidshield

392f0c3d-ee0f-414f-a3ed-3820e8a77756-IMG

1 hour ago, Gary M said:
Nicholas Moore Jerry Knitis I understand shooting back, but shooting until dead? No! Cuff him, get him into custody! What if it was your brother or father? Rather see him in prison than at a cemetery!"

This is the new leftist talking point about guns.  "I understand defending yourself when you're being raped or robbed, but do you need to kill the person?"

Let's get a peek at how the left envisions the look of Americans one day...

38 minutes ago, Gary M said:

The officers car after the exchange, he fired at the perp through the winidshield

392f0c3d-ee0f-414f-a3ed-3820e8a77756-IMG

Look at all those bullet holes.  A trained shooter would know how to aim the gun, and fire all the bullets through the same hole.  That the cop couldn't shows he was out of control with blood lust.

New York State Set To Ban Teachers From Carrying

... New York would ban teachers from carrying guns in school under a broad gun control package set to pass the Legislature on Tuesday.

Following the 2018 Parkland, Fla. school shooting, President Trump and the NRA called for teachers and school staff to be armed.

Vice News recently reported that at least 466 districts across the country adopted policies to allow it.

New York wants to go the other way.

“Right now under New York law, if a district decides it wants to arm school personnel, it can,” said state Sen. Todd Kaminsky, the Nassau County official sponsoring the bill to outlaw such moves. “I believe it’s misguided. It’s not focused on the real problem.” ...

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

... New York would ban teachers from carrying guns in school under a broad gun control package set to pass the Legislature on Tuesday.

Following the 2018 Parkland, Fla. school shooting, President Trump and the NRA called for teachers and school staff to be armed.

Vice News recently reported that at least 466 districts across the country adopted policies to allow it.

“Right now under New York law, if a district decides it wants to arm school personnel, it can,” said state Sen. Todd Kaminsky, the Nassau County official sponsoring the bill to outlaw such moves. “I believe it’s misguided. It’s not focused on the real problem.” ...

NYS Visitors Bureau invites school shooters to come to NYS where they will receive less resistance.

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Bullets don’t shoot straight and close quarters marksmanship and training is complicated. Cops typically aren’t up to snuff, god knows teachers aren’t. 

Not sure how how I feel about this but an “armed” teacher makes me laugh. 

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Bullets don’t shoot straight and close quarters marksmanship and training is complicated. Cops typically aren’t up to snuff, god knows teachers aren’t. 

why don't the shooters attack urban schools of high diversity?

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Huh? What? Im not sure what the statistics are, but I’m not sure that’s true. I mean, wasn’t David Hogg’s, Parkland HS, an ‘urban school of high diversity?’

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Huh? What? Im not sure what the statistics are, but I’m not sure that’s true. I mean, wasn’t David Hogg’s, Parkland HS, an ‘urban school of high diversity?’

i mean a school where lots of kid may be packing already

they would love it

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

I actually agree with this, to a point. Teachers aren't security - they're teachers. They should be teaching. If you want armed security, hire ***** armed security.

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

In what universe does it make sense to shoot up a school full of children better armed than you?

Doesn't help the body count when you don't make it 5 feet past the front door.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:31 PM, The_Dude said:

Teachers should be afforded the same accommodations for their right to bear arms as everyone else.  Universally arming teachers?  Silly.  Universally denying them their natural rights?  Unconscionable.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Teachers should be afforded the same accommodations for their right to bear arms as everyone else.  Universally arming teachers?  Silly.  Universally denying them their natural rights?  Unconscionable.

I believe (and I hate saying this) that in government buildings, the government has the right to restrict carrying. That’s probably the most pro-government thing you’ll ever hear from me. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

I believe (and I hate saying this) that in government buildings, the government has the right to restrict carrying. That’s probably the most pro-government thing you’ll ever hear from me. 

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

47 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You needn’t impose that line on me. Every gun I have liberals want to ban. However, the government has a right to restrict carrying in their buildings. I hate that the government even has buildings, but as they do it’s their rules on their turf. I also support any private companies right to prohibit guns in their establishments. Now, I’ll always ignore those prohibitions and carry, discreetly, anyways. But I support their right to hang their signs. 

17 hours ago, The_Dude said:

You needn’t impose that line on me. Every gun I have liberals want to ban. However, the government has a right to restrict carrying in their buildings. I hate that the government even has buildings, but as they do it’s their rules on their turf. I also support any private companies right to prohibit guns in their establishments. Now, I’ll always ignore those prohibitions and carry, discreetly, anyways. But I support their right to hang their signs. 

Two things here: 

1) the state doesn’t run the schools, the school district does, so even if the gov’t has the right to restrict carrying in their buildings, the state should leave it up to the proper governing agency, i.e. the school district. 

2) people like you who will knowingly carry illegally in restricted areas are exactly why I as a school district employee would like to retain my right to self defense in my workplace.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

2) people like you who will knowingly carry illegally in restricted areas are exactly why I as a school district employee would like to retain my right to self defense in my workplace.

Whos stopping ya?

Also, I have way more training clearing corridors and the like than any cop. It’s what I used to do for a living. I’ve spent hours and hours doing it and I have months and months of real world experience. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Whos stopping ya?

Also, I have way more training clearing corridors and the like than any cop. It’s what I used to do for a living. I’ve spent hours and hours doing it and I have months and months of real world experience. 

and... no one like you has ever gone off the rails ...

On 1/30/2019 at 11:02 PM, Koko78 said:

I actually agree with this, to a point. Teachers aren't security - they're teachers. They should be teaching. If you want armed security, hire ***** armed security.

In what universe does it make sense to shoot up a school full of children better armed than you?

Doesn't help the body count when you don't make it 5 feet past the front door.

See Levi's response. Don't take a right away from a teacher. 

On 2/1/2019 at 5:01 PM, The_Dude said:

The govt has rights?

Sit down Sonny !

Connecticut Dem introduces 50 percent tax on ammunition, calling it 'public health measure'

A Democratic Connecticut state legislator introduced a bill on Monday that would raise the tax on ammunition in the state by 50 percent, prompting an immediate condemnation by the National Rifle Association (NRA) and concerns from legal observers that the legislation would be unconstitutional.

In a video uploaded to Twitter, Rep. Jillian Gilchrest, a freshman legislator from Hartford, said that a companion bill was being introduced in the state Senate by fellow freshman Democrat Will Haskell. (Haskell, at age 22, became Connecticut's youngest-ever elected legislator last year.)

"Currently, ammunition is taxed at the same rate as other products, but we want to increase it by 50 percent, because we see it as a prevention measure," Gilchrest says in the video. "For example, if someone were to buy a 50 cartridge box of ammunition, which goes for about $10, it would increase the price to $15."

Gilchrest goes on to explain that military and law enforcement members would be exempted from the tax, although those exemptions do not appear in an initial draft of the bill posted to the Connecticut state legislature's website.

"We see this as a public health measure, similar to what we've done in the state of Connecticut with increasing the tax on cigarettes," Gilchrest said. "When we increase that tax, we've seen a reduction in use."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/connecticut-dem-introduces-50-percent-tax-on-ammunition-calling-it-public-health-measure

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Sit down Sonny !

Connecticut Dem introduces 50 percent tax on ammunition, calling it 'public health measure'

A Democratic Connecticut state legislator introduced a bill on Monday that would raise the tax on ammunition in the state by 50 percent, prompting an immediate condemnation by the National Rifle Association (NRA) and concerns from legal observers that the legislation would be unconstitutional.

In a video uploaded to Twitter, Rep. Jillian Gilchrest, a freshman legislator from Hartford, said that a companion bill was being introduced in the state Senate by fellow freshman Democrat Will Haskell. (Haskell, at age 22, became Connecticut's youngest-ever elected legislator last year.)

"Currently, ammunition is taxed at the same rate as other products, but we want to increase it by 50 percent, because we see it as a prevention measure," Gilchrest says in the video. "For example, if someone were to buy a 50 cartridge box of ammunition, which goes for about $10, it would increase the price to $15."

Gilchrest goes on to explain that military and law enforcement members would be exempted from the tax, although those exemptions do not appear in an initial draft of the bill posted to the Connecticut state legislature's website.

"We see this as a public health measure, similar to what we've done in the state of Connecticut with increasing the tax on cigarettes," Gilchrest said. "When we increase that tax, we've seen a reduction in use."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/connecticut-dem-introduces-50-percent-tax-on-ammunition-calling-it-public-health-measure

Sure, reduce the time people spend on the range thus reducing their accuracy. That's what we need, people who can't shoot straight. Do these people ever think? Rhetorical question.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-protesters-burn-flags-officer-cleared-005136031.html

This is my entire hesitation with guns in schools. Mistaken identity. 

Ya know what we’d do EVERY time when exiting a house in Iraq? We’d identify the number of personnel and say “4 friendlies exiting the building” and wait for exterior acknowledgement. 

If I were in a school, armed, and the place started getting shot up my greatest fear would be ‘these idiot cops will be so scared and unprepared for this they’ll shoot anybody.’ And that’s what they do. Cops are stupid. They don’t understand guns. They don’t understand how to not fire if you’re not sure. They apparently think handguns are effective at ranges they’re not. Just stupid, untrained people with guns. 

Also, the idiot who was shot — I wish they’d quit flashing his “military” photo. Dude got kicked out of the army before he did anything besides have a picture taken. Enough. 

Idiot cops. Idiot civilian with a gun who was being an idiot. Idiots all the way around. 

26 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-protesters-burn-flags-officer-cleared-005136031.html

This is my entire hesitation with guns in schools. Mistaken identity. 

Ya know what we’d do EVERY time when exiting a house in Iraq? We’d identify the number of personnel and say “4 friendlies exiting the building” and wait for exterior acknowledgement. 

If I were in a school, armed, and the place started getting shot up my greatest fear would be ‘these idiot cops will be so scared and unprepared for this they’ll shoot anybody.’ And that’s what they do. Cops are stupid. They don’t understand guns. They don’t understand how to not fire if you’re not sure. They apparently think handguns are effective at ranges they’re not. Just stupid, untrained people with guns. 

Also, the idiot who was shot — I wish they’d quit flashing his “military” photo. Dude got kicked out of the army before he did anything besides have a picture taken. Enough. 

Idiot cops. Idiot civilian with a gun who was being an idiot. Idiots all the way around. 

Your moronic generalizations aside, I will acknowledge this - I've seen little, if any, acknowledgement by my various instructors that, in a country where the 2nd Amendment exists, the presence of a firearm, in and of itself, does not constitute a threat. 

That said, common sense could have ruled the day in this story. If you're a civilian, your gun is for your safety and the safety of your loved ones. Don't be a hero, and do what uniforms and badges tell you to do. This was practically beat into us at academy. 

21 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Your moronic generalizations aside, I will acknowledge this - I've seen little, if any, acknowledgement by my various instructors that, in a country where the 2nd Amendment exists, the presence of a firearm, in and of itself, does not constitute a threat. 

That said, common sense could have ruled the day in this story. If you're a civilian, your gun is for your safety and the safety of your loved ones. Don't be a hero, and do what uniforms and badges tell you to do. This was practically beat into us at academy. 

My generalizations come from years of training and real world experience.

Edited by The_Dude