What is better, no guns, or more guns?

18 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Was COLONIAL America.  It was 13 years removed from the United States.

I did.  You're going off a single sentence in a half-assed Wikipedia article without citation or backing, that you misinterpreted anyway.

I mean how !@#$ing stupid do you have to be to think "Prior to the American Revolution there was neither budget nor manpower nor government desire to maintain a full-time army" makes any sense whatsoever?  Prior to the American Revolution, there was no government desire to maintain a full-time army BECAUSE THERE WAS NO GOVERNMENT TO MAINTAIN A FULL-TIME ARMY.  How the hell can you read that and think it makes any sense?  Can you read?  At all?  Do you understand English?  Are you even sentient?  Are you an aardvark?  It would explain things - aardvark's gonna aardvark, after all, and aardvarking doesn't include understanding the limitations of half-assed wikipedia articles.  So tell me, please, that you're an aardvark...I'll buy that. 

Learn some history, aardvark.  Colonial days, up to and past the French and Indian Wars, since there was no full-time army, settlements were defended by "militia" comprised of the able-bodied armed men of the settlement, not by an sort of standing military force.  With the exception of the Massachusetts Bay Colonial Militia, no settlement had a legal requirement that able-bodied male settlers be armed - and the Massachusetts Bay requirement was repealed in the early 1640s.  And there were no state or federal requirements, because militias were organized at the town level, and there were no state or federal ANYTHING.  This persisted to and through the Revolutionary War, which itself was fought largely by local militia that was - importantly - not centrally administered and not well-regulated, and generally not self-armed except in as much as some colonists still possessed British Brown Bess provided to the Colonial Militias by the British in the French and Indian War...and why would the British even need to do that, if the Colonial Militias were required to maintain their own arms?

Which is why the "well-regulated militia" qualification is in the Second Amendment - because the local, unregulated militias were causing such problems as Shays' Rebellion, where private armies fought to overthrow the Massachusetts government - and notably, were armed by the theft of weapons from the federal Springfield Armory BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CARRY WEAPONS OF THEIR OWN.  "A well-regulated militia..." doesn't fall out of some ivory-tower musings in The Federalist Papers - it was a direct reference to the immediate problem that prompted the replacement of the Articles of Confederation to begin with, and had precisely ****-all to do with some fictitious gun ownership mandate.

I truly don’t have the time or desire to respond to this. I presented you with a fact that I’ve read that in post-1776 America it was a requirement. I’ve read it in several sources when I was forced to study American history. Take or leave it hoss. 

17 hours ago, Cinga said:

This part at least is correct.... THE LAW! Not the Constitution....

This probably won't be popular, but we are supposed to have 3 equal branches of government right? 

Legislative = makes law

Executive = Executes the law

Judicial = presides over, and interprets the law

Nothing in the Constitution gives any branch oversight of itself, the Constitution. THAT was left to the ones who ratifies it, We the People

Marbury vs Madison however tipped the scales when the court took the Constitution to themselves, and claimed to be the arbiter of it. Since then, we have a branch with authority over the other 2 because they can simply over rule them both. This was never the intent of the framers, and certainly isn't an enumerated power under the Constitution.

Again showing how we screwed up. Common law is inferior imo. 

15 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It depends on what kind of clips you're talking about. Hair clips? Bag clips? Paper clips?

The problem you're facing is that you keep trying to advocate for something that has little to nothing to do with what you *think* it does, which makes it seem like you're just trying to advance someone else's agenda.

Let me say it again; you can count magazines, you can limit their capacity, you can limit the number of bullets you can buy, you can even make people take psychology exams to determine if they should carry a gun, but absolutely NONE of that would come close to stopping those who want to kill people with a gun.

If someone wants to get a gun and shoot up a school, they will find a way. 

And please don't give me the whole "If we could only save one life" routine because if you or anyone truly believed in that theory, you'd be helping to build a wall along Mexico with your own money, sweat and materials and fighting to defund Planned Parenthood.

Sorry, I’m not a gun expert. I f’in hate them. Pardon the term “clips”. You know what I meant. Jeez. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Muslim ones. Yup. 

Don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining. 

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You can't know before it's too late.

But fortunately these shootings are not an epidemic.  They are so exceedingly rare that you're just as likely to die being attacked by a dog, and only 2.5x more likely to die in a mass shooting than of being constipated.

I see you mentioned the constipation thing earlier and one thing has been bothering me since. If simple constipation can kill you what does being entirely full of fecal matter do to you? Shouldn't gator already be dead?

6 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Try and imposing that on, IDK China, Malaysia, Vietnam etc. Almost impossible to do. 

True that, but still, it will prevent some people. I for one don’t order anything from those places in fear of getting ripped off. 

13 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

The argument that a highly determined person will shoot up the school regardless of laws is not really a sound reason to do nothing.

But that argument's perfectly fine for drugs and illegal immigration.

46 minutes ago, bdutton said:

But how do you enforce a ban.  It's a post fact crime.  You cannot prevent the sales... only enforcing the crime of selling the gun IF you catch the buyer doing something illegal with the gun.  In ALL states, its already illegal to sell to someone you know to be a prohibited person.  So how does adding another layer of legal hoops to jump through make us safer?

Stings...

Cop lures a person in to meeting up and selling them a gun. It should be illegal. I live in Georgia. There’s a gun store on every street. If I want to sell a gun I should have to meet the buyer at a gun store and pay the store to run the background check and essentially process the sale. Why’s that hard? And 80% lowers are a danger. If I lose the ability to purchase a gun from the gun store I’d have an AR in 2 days after ordering and putting the parts together. 

LOOK GUN NUTS — there’s a freaking real issue here and hiding behind some poorly worded bull **** that’s 200 years old is lame. Those 17 kids couldn’t hide behind the 2nd amendment yesterday, and neither could the Sandy Hook kids and neither could all the freaking others. 

Guns nuts are just like Muslims. “Don’t blame us, it wasn’t all of us!” Yeah...but you’re freaking enabling it. ?????

21 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

And please don't give me the whole "If we could only save one life" routine because if you or anyone truly believed in that theory, you'd be helping to build a wall along Mexico with your own money, sweat and materials and fighting to defund Planned Parenthood.

But think of the children!  And support the troops!

Just now, The_Dude said:

That idiom doesn’t really work there. But that’s nice. 

The Middle East is exactly how we want it to be right now. 

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Stings...

Cop lures a person in to meeting up and selling them a gun. It should be illegal. I live in Georgia. There’s a gun store on every street. If I want to sell a gun I should have to meet the buyer at a gun store and pay the store to run the background check and essentially process the sale. Why’s that hard? And 80% lowers are a danger. If I lose the ability to purchase a gun from the gun store I’d have an AR in 2 days after ordering and putting the parts together. 

LOOK GUN NUTS — there’s a freaking real issue here and hiding behind some poorly worded bull **** that’s 200 years old is lame. Those 17 kids couldn’t hide behind the 2nd amendment yesterday, and neither could the Sandy Hook kids and neither could all the freaking others. 

Guns nuts are just like Muslims. “Don’t blame us, it wasn’t all of us!” Yeah...but you’re freaking enabling it. ?????

You’re responsible for all white violence too. You’re enabling it. 

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

It wasn't poorly worded at all; the fact that you can't understand plain English that's only <250 years old doesn't make you smarter than the founders.  But if you really think you are, then change it.  There's an avenue to change the Constitution, use it and stop being coy about it.

Just now, Justice said:

...I’m sorry...are you saying you want the United States to be like the Middle East? I mean that’s what you wrote, but surely you don’t mean that. I must be misunderstanding. 

Just now, The_Dude said:

...I’m sorry...are you saying you want the United States to be like the Middle East? I mean that’s what you wrote, but surely you don’t mean that. I must be misunderstanding. 

That is not what I wrote. Not even a little bit, moron. Damn. 

Just now, LeviF91 said:

It wasn't poorly worded at all; the fact that you can't understand plain English that's only <250 years old doesn't make you smarter than the founders.  But if you really think you are, then change it.  There's an avenue to change the Constitution, use it and stop being coy about it.

Horribly worded. 

Im not advocating for a change. I’m advocating for a discussion. There’s been enough blood to entertain a discussion about changes. 

2 minutes ago, Justice said:

Just now, Justice said:

That is not what I wrote. Not even a little bit, moron. Damn. 

Except it is. 

Im not advocating for a change. I’m advocating for a discussion. There’s been enough blood to entertain a discussion about changes. 

Here's my point: discussions with gun-grabbers are completely fruitless and no longer an option for someone who actually cares about their 2nd amendment rights. 

Horribly worded. 

Except it is. 

Maybe you didn’t see the word “it”. Which still makes you a moron. 

Sensible immigration control

Sensible gun control

Find me a candidate that can get that done and I'm all in. 

A nut job like like Cruz shouldn't be able to threaten people with his Guns and voice his intentions to use them and still be able to keep his guns.  He said he's gonna, but he ain't dun it yet so we ain't gona do jack. That needs to be put to rest. The pysch tests to buy guns is foolishness, people constantly change. People that intend to misuse their weapons are no longer privy to having them.

Immigrants that haven't used the correct channels to come into the country for school or work are going back where they came from until they successfully do so. 

There yah go team red and team blue meet in the middle and make the country a little safer.

9 minutes ago, Justice said:

You’re responsible for all white violence too. You’re enabling it. 

?????

Bro, you wanna blame me go ahead. 

Are you one of those people who blame the white man for everything?

3 minutes ago, Justice said:

Maybe you didn’t see the word “it”. Which still makes you a moron. 

It wasn’t defined. “It” could have meant Middle East or the US. It was open for interpretation and you seem like you hate America so it’d make plenty of sense for you to say something stupid. 

?????

Bro, you wanna blame me go ahead. 

Are you one of those people who blame the white man for everything?

It wasn’t defined. “It” could have meant Middle East or the US. It was open for interpretation and you seem like you hate America so it’d make plenty of sense for you to say something stupid. 

Don’t blame me because you can’t keep things in context. You see what you want to see. And there goes “I hate America” nonsense again. What a tard. My ex-wife was tarded, now she’s a pilot. 

7 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Here's my point: discussions with gun-grabbers are completely fruitless and no longer an option for someone who actually cares about their 2nd amendment rights. 

Mans the refusal to come to the table by the NRA people is equally as damning. 

Do not take me for a “gun grabber.” Id put my arsenal up against anybody’s. I’m ready for the zombies or Isis.