What is better, no guns, or more guns?

18 minutes ago, Justice said:

True that, but still, it will prevent some people. I for one don’t order anything from those places in fear of getting ripped off. 

Not really, determined criminals will find a way. You're not going to stop them.

1 minute ago, Justice said:

Don’t blame me because you can’t keep things in context. You see what you want to see. And there goes “I hate America” nonsense again. What a tard. My ex-wife was tarded, now she’s a pilot. 

I’m not blaming you for anything. I’m sure you’re completely unable to accomplish anything so what could possibly be your fault?

15 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Horribly worded. 

Im not advocating for a change. I’m advocating for a discussion. There’s been enough blood to entertain a discussion about changes. 

Intentionally written at a 5th grade level, and clearly worded.  If you can't read at a 5th grade level, that isn't the fault of the Founders.

You want a discussion?  Fine.

Here's my offering:  I don't believe a circumstance that results in 400 deaths a year is dire enough that it requires a rethinking of our understandings about natural rights or Constitutional protections.  It's an infinitesimally small problem which unfortunately has tragic and heart wrenching consequences for the few people who personally encounter it, but is well worth the cost of the freedoms which accompany it (and I can say that as someone who has had this impact them personally, having lost a close family friend in the Virginia Tech shootings).

Further, even if it happening frequently enough to rise to the standard of a true epidemic, those advocating for change are not an honest negotiating partner as has been demonstrated by the constant pushing for more restrictions after "common sense" compromises have already been made; and as such I'm no longer willing to negotiate with them.

If you don't like that, that's fine.  We have a Constitutional process though which you can override mine, and anyone else's objections. 

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Mans the refusal to come to the table by the NRA people is equally as damning. 

Do not take me for a “gun grabber.” Id put my arsenal up against anybody’s. I’m ready for the zombies or Isis. 

I would be furious if the NRA came to the table.  They've wasted enough of our money.  The bump stock thing after Vegas was the last straw, and I don't even own (or want) a bump stock.  My money goes to GOA now.

Horribly worded. 

Im not advocating for a change. I’m advocating for a discussion. There’s been enough blood to entertain a discussion about changes. 

No, there hasn't.

Except it is. 

Only if you're an aardvark.

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

I would be furious if the NRA came to the table.  They've wasted enough of our money.  The bump stock thing after Vegas was the last straw, and I don't even own (or want) a bump stock.  My money goes to GOA now.

.........I bought one?

i couldnt help it. It’s not attached though but I bought one. I think fully auto is stupid. Burst is stupid. But I wanted one just to have it. I bought one. 

Just now, The_Dude said:

.........I bought one?

i couldnt help it. It’s not attached though but I bought one. I think fully auto is stupid. Burst is stupid. But I wanted one just to have it. I bought one. 

My bank account and I know that feeling well, brother :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m a realist. Unfortunately nothing can or will be done. It’s a reality of life now. My daughters came home from high school and when I told them about the shootings they told me they know and they didn’t look the least bit surprised. Then I tried to give them advice on how to handle the situation if it were to happen at their school, but I couldn’t think of anything outside of lock the door and don’t make any noise. It was a helpless feeling. May God give those victims and all involved the strength to get through this. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know what I’m going to advocate won’t happen...but what if. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/15/parkland-shooting-victims-include-young-students-coach-who-saved-others-in-florida-high-school.html

What if we flayed the guy and broadcasted it? What if we did that....if you do this kind of thing we’ll flay you and leave you to die of exposure. I don’t know if that’d have a lasting impact considering most of the times the shooter lays amongst the dead, but I honestly think it needs to be tried....but it won’t be because liberals cry at the talk of such things. 

I wouldn't be adverse to a national test people would need to pass before they were allowed to purchase anything other than a hunting rifle/shotgun. 

8 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I know what I’m going to advocate won’t happen...but what if. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/15/parkland-shooting-victims-include-young-students-coach-who-saved-others-in-florida-high-school.html

What if we flayed the guy and broadcasted it? What if we did that....if you do this kind of thing we’ll flay you and leave you to die of exposure. I don’t know if that’d have a lasting impact considering most of the times the shooter lays amongst the dead, but I honestly think it needs to be tried....but it won’t be because liberals cry at the talk of such things. 

That's stupid. They'd just more likely go down in a hail of gunfire or suicide. 

I hate saying we need to look into the weak anti-bullying policies, but we do. Look at the guy!!! That guy has been picked on for some time. I mean, his head and face are malformed. I can only imagine how bad he got it in school.

*Think of what just one good friend could have done for the guy. If you want a solution, sometimes looking towards religion (non-Islam) is the way to go for these guys. Hell, I think a good church would have done more for this guy that the wizards (shrinks) did. 

Edited by Paulus

51 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

But still, the main problem with gun advocates coming to the table is the increased demands for more infringement on gun rights. That's it... Not that gun control nuts have anything they can offer back. So by what idiocy would we agree to talk, knowing it only leads to demands from the other side?

Such one sided "negotiations" his shear lunacy.... 

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

If you don't think the difference in gun violence between the US and other countries is the guns, you are doubtless a dumb !@#$k

How much do attribute to guns vs culture?

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

But still, the main problem with gun advocates coming to the table is the increased demands for more infringement on gun rights. That's it... Not that gun control nuts have anything they can offer back. So by what idiocy would we agree to talk, knowing it only leads to demands from the other side?

Exactly.  We hear the calls for banning "assault weapons" because they're low-hanging fruit.  It was the same with SBR's and full autos back when the NFA was passed.  It's easy to ban "assault weapons" because they're scary looking, on the "edge" of gun ownership, and look like what you see soldiers carrying.  In a few years everyone forgets that this concession was made and then gun-grabbers go after the next "edge" weapons, maybe handguns or semi-autos generally.  The middle then gets smaller.  Rinse and repeat until only criminals and the government have guns and it's illegal to defend yourself.

At some point gun owners have to take a non-negotiable stance or we might as well toss out the rest of the Constitution too.  If we can be that liberal about the phrase "shall not be infringed" then why pretend we have any rights at all?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Cinga said:

So be tactful about it. 

Go in but have your line in the sand. Would it really be so awful to make a few concessions? Ending non-FFL sales, and requiring some sort of safety course. 

17 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

So be tactful about it. 

Go in but have your line in the sand. Would it really be so awful to make a few concessions? Ending non-FFL sales, and requiring some sort of safety course. 

But the point is, where do the concessions end? Did you know in China you have to register your kitchen knives? Is that the line in the sand?

But even if we did, there is still that thing called the Second Amendment. Concessions don't mean a damn thing if they are Unconstitutional.