What is better, no guns, or more guns?

For kicks, here’s a round-up of tweets from the We Demand More Gun Control crowd.

With self-righteous gusto, they automatically assumed that a firearm was involved in the Ohio State attack, and then immediately politicized the horrible event.

The group really outdid themselves in looking more awful than usual, especially as the “weapon” used in today’s attack was an automobile, and a knife…

For kicks, here’s a round-up of tweets from the We Demand More Gun Control crowd.

With self-righteous gusto, they automatically assumed that a firearm was involved in the Ohio State attack, and then immediately politicized the horrible event.

The group really outdid themselves in looking more awful than usual, especially as the “weapon” used in today’s attack was an automobile, and a knife…

Yet the gun control crowd remains stunningly silent with regard to police officers being executed.

edit: did I say 'stunningly'? I meant to say 'predictably".

Edited by Azalin

Welcome one. Welcome all. Discuss your hate of guns. Discuss why you can't defend yourself with a gun unless someone else has one too. Else wise, if you defend yourself with a gun you're a kitty.

And the rest of you. Don't miss the show in the rip joe McKnight thread. Liberal gun hating meltdown

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/190294-rip-joe-mcknight/page-4?do=findComment&comment=4144389

Yet the gun control crowd remains stunningly silent with regard to police officers being executed.

You do know that the NRA is a leader in LEO firearms training and safety instruction, right?

You mean we should have tighter gun controls so these cop killers can't get guns?

I'm not seeing your point. Could you clarify?

They support the LEOs by teaching them how to shoot back.

What was your point? They should release a statement every time a bad guy uses a gun?

If you don't already know their stance on CRIME, a press release won't help.

But we should disarm everyone else right? Go ahead. Say it. It's okay. You can't run the US like a true progressive until you disarm the people, amirite?

The question was about the the shooting of police officers and what gun control people thought.

They support the LEOs by teaching them how to shoot back.

What was your point? They should release a statement every time a bad guy uses a gun?

If you don't already know their stance on CRIME, a press release won't help.

My point was that the gun control crowd comes out of the woodwork whenever citizens kill each other, but don't seem to give a crap about police officers being killed.

I thought my post was pretty clear.

But I'm interested to learn what exactly you thought I was saying. I don't know the polices' stance on CRIME? Really? Press releases? Seriously? Is there actually something I posted that gives you the impression that I have anything against the police? If so, then what?

Edited by Azalin

You mean we should have tighter gun controls so these cop killers can't get guns?

You really think that anyone who has the mindset to murder a cop (or anyone for that matter) is a) legally able to own a firearm now and b) going to follow any additional gun laws put in place? :wallbash:

You really think that anyone who has the mindset to murder a cop (or anyone for that matter) is a) legally able to own a firearm now and b) going to follow any additional gun laws put in place? :wallbash:

The problem is killers get guns too easily. Easy access to guns helps cop killers. That's my only point. You banging your head in frustration to your own straw man is funny

The problem is killers get guns too easily. Easy access to guns helps cop killers. That's my only point. You banging your head in frustration to your own straw man is funny

So how do you propose to make it more difficult for cop killers to get firearms?

I didn't start the thread

You posted this:

He asked you how you would do that. Stop being such a !@#$ing twerp.

Edited by DC Tom

You posted this:

He asked you how you would do that. Stop being such a !@#$ing twerp.

Because he simply doesn't have the guts to openly admit here what he believes: that the second amendment should be abolished and all guns should be confiscated except from police and military.

I have to assume because you're either to dumb, chicken or both to tell us what you're thinking with regard to reducing criminal gun violence.

My point went over your head. I was basically arguing that if you are going to have a society flooded with guns, cops are obviously going to be shot. You agree?

I've always been partial to this solution: (NSFW due to language)

How very Progressive :rolleyes:

If ammo is affordable, how does a new shooter learn to aim and handle a firearm safely?

Then again, if something like that happened I'd be sitting on a gold mines worth of 22, 38, 5.56, and 30-06

Edited by /dev/null

Guns are much like political parties: the ideal amount of either is zero, but given the reality of both's existence, the next best amount is "billions".

I like it and it is probably closer to the truth. Still background check for criminals and insane should probably instituted.

I like it and it is probably closer to the truth. Still background check for criminals and insane should probably instituted.

There are already background checks and now here in California there are going to be background checks to buy ammo. How the hell is that going to work? What they need to do is have gun permits renewed every few years with a new background check some at that time. I'd have no problem with that.