What is better, no guns, or more guns?

2014. It is 2016, halfway through. Numbers not out for 2015 yet? Some gubermint official must be really busy?

Blame "Global Warming". 2013-2014 was the start of that cold snap in the middle of the country. February 2014 in Chicago had the lowest murder rate since the mid-1950s. Too damn cold to kill anyone...

...see people, it really is "climate change."

;-) ;-) :-P

i was thinking of a more electronic solution, but yeah. that works too

This is a job for Apple. The "Apple Gun."

Find a way to work around that pesky blood from the severed finger, while holding the weapon, scanning said severed pinky, taking aim and firing.

Get er done Apple! :-P

This is a job for Apple. The "Apple Gun."

Find a way to work around that pesky blood from the severed finger, while holding the weapon, scanning said severed pinky, taking aim and firing.

Get er done Apple! :-P

That fact that it's an iGun will probably deter any criminal from stealing it, since it requires specialty bullets that cost 10x more than normal.

That fact that it's an iGun will probably deter any criminal from stealing it, since it requires specialty bullets that cost 10x more than normal.

Steal the ammo then?

You will always have work arounds though. Like high tech laser printers. People aren't off the rails printing money. Phase out all manufacturing of simple arms and move to well regulated tech.

One can still own them, but it gathers all kinds of information. Of course, genie is out of the bottle w/the flood of simple arms, it would take forever (if even possible) to switch over. But begin now...

Steal the ammo then?

You will always have work arounds though. Like high tech laser printers. People aren't off the rails printing money. Phase out all manufacturing of simple arms and move to well regulated tech.

One can still own them, but it gathers all kinds of information. Of course, genie is out of the bottle w/the flood of simple arms, it would take forever (if even possible) to switch over. But begin now...

You can't steal bullets because each one has to be inspected, approved, and activated by an Apple Genius, otherwise the gun sees it as a DRM violation and refuses to fire.

Someone can probably find a workaround, but then Apple will just release a patch that disables all jailbroken iGuns permanently.

You can't steal bullets because each one has to be inspected, approved, and activated by an Apple Genius, otherwise the gun sees it as a DRM violation and refuses to fire.

Someone can probably find a workaround, but then Apple will just release a patch that disables all jailbroken iGuns permanently.

Touche! They are quite the hardware company, and guns represent the ultimate hardware!

I still think carrying around the severed finger is the way to go.

2014. It is 2016, halfway through. Numbers not out for 2015 yet? Some gubermint official must be really busy?

Blame "Global Warming". 2013-2014 was the start of that cold snap in the middle of the country. February 2014 in Chicago had the lowest murder rate since the mid-1950s. Too damn cold to kill anyone...

...see people, it really is "climate change."

;-) ;-) :-P

They are fairly slow at collecting data. I was just curious because it was working a few weeks ago, and pretty much shows the small percentage of "assault weapons" used in murders, and the decline in gun violence since 2010. Kind of flies in the face of all the media and anti-gun rhetoric going around. The paranoid part of me was intrigued by the data's sudden unavailability. It's back now though.

Edited by What a Tuel

With all of the crimes and gun violence caused by criminals with stolen guns, this would be a way for a responsible gun owner to insure they will never contribute to that problem should his/her gun ever get stolen.

It's a lot easier than that for responsible gun owners. It's called a safe.

Edited by Chef Jim

They are fairly slow at collecting data. I was just curious because it was working a few weeks ago, and pretty much shows the small percentage of "assault weapons" used in murders, and the decline in gun violence since 2010. Kind of flies in the face of all the media and anti-gun rhetoric going around. The paranoid part of me was intrigued by the data's sudden unavailability. It's back now though.

I understand, they took a four year "snap shot." Snap shots are snap shots, is it a trend? We shall see?

GW crack I mentioned aside, that February blip in Chicago, 2014... Almost NO gun violence was pretty astounding.

I didnt back check... What's the source?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It's a lot easier than that for responsible gun owners. It's called a safe.

If I'm a responsible gun owner who needs a gun for protection from bad guys, if a bad guy shows up at my house, should I ask him/her to wait til I get by gun out of my safe?

If I'm a responsible gun owner who needs a gun for protection from bad guys, if a bad guy shows up at my house, should I ask him/her to wait til I get by gun out of my safe?

That's why they invented doors: To keep the bad guys occupied while you get your gun out of the safe.

HODOR!!!

And here we go, spiraling down the wormhole:

https://news.google.com/news/ampviewer?caurl=https%3A%2F%2Famp.cnn.com%2Fcnn%2F2016%2F07%2F17%2Fpolitics%2Fcleveland-police-baton-rouge-security-open-carry%2Findex.html#pt0-415283

"...We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something -- I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point..."

Y'all wanted open carry, now they want to start and stop it w/a stroke of pen. In defense of this union, maybe they never wanted open carry, but the state has it now.

"Yes officer, I didn't get the memo from The Gov, open carry only on Tuesdays & Thursdays? Not during a week in July every four years?" "Thanks, I will remember that Sir, can I go now?" "What? I am being detained?"

Be careful what we wish for in the land of unintended consequences. There are reasons why the populace had never been as armed as they are now, and in the open. Some great deterrent, aye?

You go big union! "I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point..."

Unions Bad!*

*Unless it is a police union and they are trampling on your constitutional rights w/stroke of a pen. That's okay then. And you wonder why there is gov't/police mistrust that is reaching a sick & disturbing boiling point among a certain group. That group seems to be even more specific, namely black vets.

Big gov't knob slobbers bad unless it is your knob getting slob... Then okay, slob away! Must be a lib union!

YIKES:

"...I couldn't care less if it's legal or not..."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

That's why they invented doors: To keep the bad guys occupied while you get your gun out of the safe.

HODOR!!!

A door can be kicked in, in about 3-5 seconds. Hardly enough time to run and under stress access and open your safe.

I'm all for responsible gun ownership. I own a safe where my guns are stored for safe keeping. But I understand it's limitations if the need arises to quickly access my weapons it's not ideal. I've tested it from various places in my house running up to my bedroom going into my closet and opening my safe. I know how long it takes and it's not ideal.

A door can be kicked in, in about 3-5 seconds. Hardly enough time to run and under stress access and open your safe.

I'm all for responsible gun ownership. I own a safe where my guns are stored for safe keeping. But I understand it's limitations if the need arises to quickly access my weapons it's not ideal. I've tested it from various places in my house running up to my bedroom going into my closet and opening my safe. I know how long it takes and it's not ideal.

You need better doors.

This isn't the movies where glass is made out of sugar, and you can kick open doors wearing high heels. Unless you've got the cops with a battering ram, it takes time to get through.

Now if someone is that determined to get inside your house where they don't care if the neighbors can hear enough to call the cops, you've got some serious problems. Probably should look into moving to another city.

I guess we will see how open carry works outside the RNC this week.

CLEVELAND, OHIO — Hours after the head of Cleveland’s police union pleaded with the governor to suspend Ohio’s open-carry laws during the Republican National Convention, Donald Trump’s spokesperson told ThinkProgress she is “not nervous at all” that people are walking around the city with assault weapons.
Edited by ALF

... Donald Trump’s spokesperson told ThinkProgress she is “not nervous at all” that people are walking around the city with assault weapons.

Which assault weapons are they referring to? The assault bottle of water on the officer's assault bicycle?

The time has come to call for a ban on axes. Leave no stone unturned to save the children and innocents.

Zero dead right, outside the perp (who was shot by police). Fighting for your life is better than being shot dead on the spot. Just imagine if he was packing real heat, could have been much worse. Thank God there is gun control in Germany. Even if a passenger was packing there would surely be more dead. For now, just the perp is dead because the guns are in the hands of the police only.

Zero dead right, outside the perp (who was shot by police). Fighting for your life is better than being shot dead on the spot. Just imagine if he was packing real heat, could have been much worse. Thank God there is gun control in Germany. Even if a passenger was packing there would surely be more dead. For now, just the perp is dead because the guns are in the hands of the police only.

Well then. It's a happy story.