Sunday Ticket - Share Your Strategy Time...

Griz

I just called and asked to speak to retention and I asked for a deal on the sports pack and he said if I was in the Toronto area he could give me a deal in a second but because they are still migrating the services in the Hamilton area he couldnt do anything otherwise he said he would so now I am waiting on a call back from the rentention department

CBF

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called and asked to speak to retention and I asked for a deal on the sports pack and he said if I was in the Toronto area he could give me a deal in a second but because they are still migrating the services in the Hamilton area he couldnt do anything otherwise he said he would so now I am waiting on a call back from the rentention department

CBF

Cool, good luck

I hate to have to haggle every year, but the savings are too good not to do it.

I just called the other night and was surprised to find that Sunday Ticket wasn't even on my account - for some reason it didn't auto-renew. This was a pain, because I usually call and threaten to cancel because the price to too high, wife won't put up with me for something so expensive, etc., etc. but now I have to complain about the price of something I haven't bought yet. I called and said I wanted ST but they needed to make me a deal - guy went to check and came back - said the best he could do was break up the payments into 6 payments (whoop de doo). I then asked for retention and when I got there I played the whole "I've been a loyal customer for aver a decade, new customers get this for free, why are you gauging me, etc." and before I knew it I had Sunday Ticket Max for a grand total of $35 after credits and a $100 Visa card - I'm good with that.

I doubt it was a mistake. As I stated, I'm already getting $80/month in credits and my contract isn't up until next September. You combine those two factors and the deal I received is about the best I could expect.

my apologies I misread / misunderstood the total with monthly :blush: :blush:

Great news.

So I spoke to management at Rogers and said I wanted a deal where I would get 50% off the super sports pack that includes NFL ST,MLB Extra Innings, NCAAF&B,NHL Center Ice,NBA,Nascar, and OHL.

He said he would give me a better deal and give me 3 months free and $27 for the 4th month.

I could not be more happier and the wife had no problems with the deal!

CBF

Great news.

So I spoke to management at Rogers and said I wanted a deal where I would get 50% off the super sports pack that includes NFL ST,MLB Extra Innings, NCAAF&B,NHL Center Ice,NBA,Nascar, and OHL.

He said he would give me a better deal and give me 3 months free and $27 for the 4th month.

I could not be more happier and the wife had no problems with the deal!

CBF

Congrats!!

Just made the annual call. Didn't haggle or B word about anything, just asked if they could help me out. got ST for free, new genie hardware for free, $100 Visa card, credits for a few bills. Had to re-up for a year but no biggie.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, last year I was able to access the NFL Sunday Ticket App as part of my purchase of Madden 25 and was under the inpression I could purchase this myself without being a DirecTv subscriber. I am not referring to the new streaming service which I know I cant get but the NFL Max (Online) which I believe has been avilable for a few years now.

Is the Sunday Ticket Max (Online) no longer available for purchase to customers who dont have a DirecTv account? I just tried a few links and everything wants me to signup for DTV which Im not doing and really dont want to have to get it through the PS3 again bc that was horrible for the first two years.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, last year I was able to access the NFL Sunday Ticket App as part of my purchase of Madden 25 and was under the inpression I could purchase this myself without being a DirecTv subscriber. I am not referring to the new streaming service which I know I cant get but the NFL Max (Online) which I believe has been avilable for a few years now.

Is the Sunday Ticket Max (Online) no longer available for purchase to customers who dont have a DirecTv account? I just tried a few links and everything wants me to signup for DTV which Im not doing and really dont want to have to get it through the PS3 again bc that was horrible for the first two years.

I'm in the same boat. I had Sunday Ticket through my PS3 2 years ago and had Sunday Ticket through Madden 25 last year.

I'm in the same boat. I had Sunday Ticket through my PS3 2 years ago and had Sunday Ticket through Madden 25 last year.

i know ppl were able to purchase sunday max online before last year without having DirecTv

Been searching and reading on this a lot today and from what I can tell the online version will not be available this year and was replaced by the limited streaming option which is a joke.

I will never understand why the NFL and sports in general go out of their way not to get their product in front of their fans. I refuse to get DirecTv or the PS3/4 version again so looks like might be Redzone for me

Edited by Max997

I just called and received ST for free with 1 yr commitment. I have been with DTV since 2004 and had ST in 2012 after moving and did the online Madden thing last year. The first rep just gave me the standard prices so I asked to be transferred to retention. I mentioned people getting half off and asked what they could do...she came back with free which worked for me.

Thanks for all the folks that contributed to the thread with info. Go Bills!

You can purchase the streaming only option via this website: https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

You can purchase the streaming only option via this website: https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

Only if you qualify which most don't

Red Zone is much better if you are trying to watch the best games.

I'm an out of town fan so I need it to watch bills games. I also prefer to watch an actually game rather then bounce around from play to play

Since they recently were bought or merged with AT&T and were offering reduced rates for new customers I called to see if I could get some love. They obliged, lowered my rate, gave me a $75 credit and are upgrading my 2 DVRs to Genies... This was in Northern California however... Good luck!

Since they recently were bought or merged with AT&T and were offering reduced rates for new customers I called to see if I could get some love. They obliged, lowered my rate, gave me a $75 credit and are upgrading my 2 DVRs to Genies... This was in Northern California however... Good luck!

Wow, good work! Will you come help me negotiate my next new car purchase please?

The merger/acquisition has not been completed, but congrats nonetheless.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I called several weeks back that I wanted to cancel the Sunday Ticket Max since my team sucks and I can use the savings. After about an hour on the phone I have the lesser of the two packages for $15.99 a month for 6 months and a 50% reduction in one of my movie packages for 1 year.

We were planning to move to a new house next week. I called about three weeks ago and got the Free ST Max at the new house as part of the mover's package. Just planned to watch the first week on the free trial.

Last night our closing was delayed indefinitely due to complications on the seller's side. Called today, worried that a late call would not get me any results. First automated message said wait times were very long today, call back later. I just kept saying "cancel service" at the voice prompts -- after three of these I got a rep right away. Took about 30 minutes, but basically went like this:

Rep: I don't think we can move credit from your new house to your current account. Let me check.

(hold)

Rep: We can't move that credit, but we can give you half off, and you'll probably only have to make one monthly payment on the 1/2 off before you move. Let me go work on that.

(hold - she didn't really give me a chance to say anything)

Rep: We decided to give you full credit, but if you don't move within a few weeks half of that credit will be reversed.

Me: OK, but what exactly is the time frame?

(hold)

Rep: We decided, based on your history with us, that we don't ever have to reverse this credit. You'll get ST Max for free this year.

I have to admit they usually take good care of me, and it is a pleasure to talk to reps that are articulate. The nice thing about this was I never really asked for anything, she just kept putting me on hold and making the deal better each time she came back. I was ready to threaten to not move DTV to the new house, etc, but it was all very pleasant.

So as opposed to every other year, I called. All I said was "can you do anything for me?". They gave me fifty bucks off and then said I was eligable for a system upgrade free. I know, I know only free if I stay with them for two years. So they sent me the Genie and some minis. Easy enough to conect except for my Logitech universal remotes. After 12 hours I quit. Sent Logitech email took a few days for a response, which was useless . It might as we'll have been " have you tried turning them off and on again?". Logitech claims that if you call after 90 days you have to pay $30. I called, took them two minutes to fix the problem never asked for $30.

Still looking into this and even though the ticket is available again on the PS3 and also on PS4 and XBOX ONE you still need to check with DTV for eligibility so it's not as easy as it was before on the PS3 by just saying you can't get DTV at your location.

I will never understand why sports leagues/teams go out of their way to NOT get their product in front of their fans

Edited by Max997

Customer for 15 years no contract. Called last week and the best the rep said they could do was $60 off, take itor leave it. I left it. I called again today asked for retention again and I got Sunday Ticket Max for $100 dollars after the discounts. Not as good as last year but not bad.

Just called said I wanted to cancel. Lady said why I said Dish having special can get same package for a lot less. She said they will give me $40 off per month if I stay. I said I dont think so. She said do you like football lol. I was like yea me and wife watch sometime. Lady says I will throw in complete NFL package also I was like ok I can do that. I need to start playing poker Damb I'm good. Oh she also wanted to give me all new equipment no charge and no commitment.

Edited by BLEDSOE1QB

Called today, my latest call ever so I was not expecting much. Got 1/2 price ST Max, $10/month off bill for next year. Not too bad.

I got the same deal. Initially I tried a strategy that another poster suggested and it seemed like a good plan. That was to say that I was going to cancel HBO, Showtime etc so I could afford ST Max. Well they called my bluff and I ended up canceling that stuff. Fine with me because there is almost nothing I watch on those since Dexter ended. The only think I miss is Hard Knocks but for $50 a month saving I can deal with it. Anyway, I called back a couple days later and I asked for customer retention right off and they gave me the same deal as you.

I got the same deal. Initially I tried a strategy that another poster suggested and it seemed like a good plan. That was to say that I was going to cancel HBO, Showtime etc so I could afford ST Max. Well they called my bluff and I ended up canceling that stuff. Fine with me because there is almost nothing I watch on those since Dexter ended. The only think I miss is Hard Knocks but for $50 a month saving I can deal with it. Anyway, I called back a couple days later and I asked for customer retention right off and they gave me the same deal as you.

cancel CI dude..sharks aren't worth watching anyway :nana:

I sadly found out the 2014 Sunday Ticket app doesn't support AirPlay.

I tried to mirror from my Mac to Apple TV to see it on the big screen, but couldn't get it to fill the screen. Anyone know the secret code? Also tried laptop to TV via HDMI, but still couldn't get the format right.