Sunday Ticket - Share Your Strategy Time...

Griz

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now! Some of us need this. LOL - I have three small children and just happy to have command of the remote on Sundays and not watching Disney Jr. I enjoy the convenience as I am multi-tasking with everything else.

I have two small children, and come here to escape reality... You sir, just crossed the line- I now have the Disney Jr song stuck in my head, thanks for that! Hahaha

Snap back to reality!

... where the magic begins!

you're welcome!

:lol:

So I made my call today. Basically stated that the bill was getting too large and I needed some help. The first guy was offering only 25% off ST Max, so I said I needed to cancel altogether. My wife doesn't believe me, but I really was going to cancel if they didn't help me out. I get transferred to the next Dept, most likely retention, and after fending off the rep's attempts to get me to move into a cheaper package, we got down to brass tacks.

I ended up getting $15 off for the next 12 months ($180 credit), free Showtime for 3 months, and a free upgrade to Max. Last year I didn't have Max so I'm looking forward to the Red Zone and the Shortcut channels. It wasn't quite the haul I had last year (free ST plus $225 in additional credits), but I'm satisfied getting ST at 75% off and a free upgrade to Max.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

So I made my call today. Basically stated that the bill was getting too large and I needed some help. The first guy was offering only 25% off ST Max, so I said I needed to cancel altogether. My wife doesn't believe me, but I really was going to cancel if they didn't help me out. I get transferred to the next Dept, most likely retention, and after fending off the rep's attempts to get me to move into a cheaper package, we got down to brass tacks.

I ended up getting $15 off for the next 12 months ($180 credit), free Showtime for 3 months, and a free upgrade to Max. Last year I didn't have Max so I'm looking forward to the Red Zone and the Shortcut channels. It wasn't quite the haul I had last year (free ST plus $225 in additional credits), but I'm satisfied getting ST at 75% off and a free upgrade to Max.

Well done sir! I have to call in and get some of them there credits... Already got the ticket out of the way...

I am tempted to call again. I was happy with my free max and $48 off. You jokers are making me feel jealous.

Just tell them you hear some friends of yours are paying 160 and you need to get that deal too. The "why can't I get that SAME deal technique" That's fair for them and fair for you.

Proceed with no caution. A top sales man always used to tell me THE WORSE THING THEY CAN DO IS SAY NO.

Ps. I got the 160 deal, free max, AND a $25 loyalty dscount. So I guess you should at least match my deal.

Made the call last tuesday, the weren't offering much. Called again on Friday and got ST Max for $90 and $20 off bill for 12 months. Was at end of contract so had to sign on for another year. Overall savings = $480.

Made the call last tuesday, the weren't offering much. Called again on Friday and got ST Max for $90 and $20 off bill for 12 months. Was at end of contract so had to sign on for another year. Overall savings = $480.

Great deal.

Are the people who are calling for discounts been billed for the first installment of the NFL Ticket? I'm not sure if it is better towait for the actual billing of the Ticket before I make my discount pitch or do it now?

Are the people who are calling for discounts been billed for the first installment of the NFL Ticket? I'm not sure if it is better towait for the actual billing of the Ticket before I make my discount pitch or do it now?

The actual billing should have been included in your July Statement. Mine was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just did the 1/2 hour deed. (Note: Last year, got a free Genie and 2yr contract. So I am under contract for 1 more year)

Initially gave me $8 off for 6 months.

Then gave me a $5 credit for 6 months.

Then upgraded me for free to ST Max. (technically another $15 off for 6 months)

He offered to transfer me to retention to see what they could do for me.

She offered me $10 off for 12 months.

Got her to give me the Genie Go for $50 off the $99 price plus free shipping.

Then gave me a 1 time credit for $20.

All in all, saved $308 for 1/2 hour of my time. (not counting the Genie Go that I wanted).

Wish I could do the same for pay raises with my bosses.

No- I always call before my first bill has the charge on it

Are you on the auto renew program? I think it happens automatically if you were a customer last year, unless you canceled it

I just called. After talking to the regular customer service I was sent to the rentention person. I politely pointed out that I had a terrific bundling option with Verizon. All I asked for was getting the basic NFL Ticket for free, just as new customers get. I got it. The customer service office is very professional.

Edited by JohnC

I always call in jan-feb and make sure it's not set to auto-renew on my account. Then I call in the summer to see what they can offer.

^^ winning ^^

Great deal.

Thanks. It definitely takes some patience - took two calls on different days, both about 35 minutes each. i think i really got lucky this year since I paid $120 for max last year. I'm sure the fact that I was coming off contract and the price of my normal package was going up this month helped. I said I was thinking of cancelling and looking at other options but never had to actually pull that card out. Good luck to all.

Edited by Jukester

I wish i could have someone make this call for me on a contingency basis..i would gladly pay 30% -40% of savings for that service.

Man, I'm with you. Hate it.