Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

I think he's got you dead on, Mr. The South was fighting for freedom!

The South was fighting for State's Rights, which serve to protect freedom as a check on federal over-reach. No one here has ever argued that slavery was good, or that it didn't diminish cries of "fighting for freedom" during that snap-shot in history because of the blatant hypocrisies present in claiming you love freedom while owning slaves.

The argument is, and has always been, that the existence of institutional slavery two centuries ago does not invalidate, or even begin to paint, the concept of empowered small local government as anti-freedom.

no, i truly get it: liberty is good when it results in personal advantages for me, reqardless of the harm it might do to others liberty. the whole movement, as represented ad nauseam here, can be described in one word: selfish.

Define selfish

no, i truly get it: liberty is good when it results in personal advantages for me, reqardless of the harm it might do to others liberty. the whole movement, as represented ad nauseam here, can be described in one word: selfish.

Yes, I'm selfish for wanting gays to be able to get married, and for wanting Christians to not be required to bake wedding cakes for them.

Define selfish

Why bother? He's so ideologically imprisoned with his beliefs that he is incapable of seeing anything outside of his tiny world view.

Don't get me wrong, there are others here and pretty much everywhere that live within the confines of their ideology as well, but BD's view is so dismissive and makes the most inane arguments to attempt to support his views that he ends up turning more people off than helping people see the sake's of his beliefs.

Don't get me wrong, there are others here and pretty much everywhere that live within the confines of their ideology as well, but BD's view is so dismissive and makes the most inane arguments to attempt to support his views that he ends up turning more people off than helping people see the sake's of his beliefs.

It's not that he's wrong.

It's that you haven't read enough Steinbeck.

People such as yourself do more harm for the causes you support than good.

the incorrect assumption being that your conversion from the dark side is my objective. gave up on that long ago. it's about the fight.

It's not that he's wrong.

It's that you haven't read enough Steinbeck.

that's pretty funny, if not totally accurate

Edited by birdog1960

the incorrect assumption being that your conversion from the dark side is my object. gave up on that long ago. it's about the fight.ive

that's pretty funny, if not totally accurate

Whatever you want to call it, you represent your "side" poorly.

Emails released on July 31 by the U.S. State Department reveal more about the origins of energy reform efforts in Mexico. The State Department released them as part of the once-a-month rolling release schedule for emails generated by former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, now a Democratic presidential candidate.

Originally stored on a private server, with Clinton and her closest advisors using the server and private accounts, the emails confirm Clinton’s State Department helped to break state-owned company Pemex‘s (Petroleos Mexicanos) oil and gas industry monopoly in Mexico, opening up the country to international oil and gas companies. And two of the Coordinators helping to make it happen, both of whom worked for Clinton, now work in the private sector and stand to gain financially from the energy reforms they helped create.

The appearance of the emails also offers a chance to tell the deeper story of the role the Clinton-led State Department and other powerful actors played in opening up Mexico for international business in the oil and gas sphere. That story begins with a trio.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/hillary_clinton_state_department_emails_mexico_energy_reform_20150813

This is one of the reasons the rich and corporations should pay more taxes because they get government services the average guy doesn't get.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/hillary_clinton_state_department_emails_mexico_energy_reform_20150813

This is one of the reasons the rich and corporations should pay more taxes because they get government services the average guy doesn't get.

So you want to increase taxes on ALL rich people and ALL corporations because the Clintons are making a bunch of people very rich with back door deals?

How much more should we tax them all? I only ask because they'll want to know...so when they cut the next Clinton-special back door deal, they increase their fees enough to cover the additional taxes.

I swear it's like Romper Room with some of you progs. At some point you need to realize that "tax everyone more" is not the solution to every single problem your party creates.