Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

“Hillary Clinton and her campaign have repeatedly insisted that Clinton Foundation donors and other associates of the family never received any special treatment from the State Department during Hillary’s tenure as Secretary of State. E-mails gleaned from FOIA actions tell a much different story. While the US government tried to respond to a 2010 humanitarian crisis in Haiti, State spent its time sifting through access requests to identify ‘FOBs’ — Friends of Bill — by way of the Clinton Foundation’s top executives, ABC News reports.”

Surprise meter registering at zero.

Come on, it's the NY Times. To be any less transparent they'd have to be Mother Jones.

On the one hand, that's kind of weird...prioritizing friends of the Clintons to TAKE their money for earthquake relief? That almost seems like bizarro influence peddling.

On the other hand...,blurring the line between State and a private or corporate entity? Sounds familiar...

Uh, it was about awarding contracts to FOBC who actually gave not one schit about Haiti.

Edited by grinreaper

Ed Klein: Three things drastic things Obama had to do before he could endorse Hillary

“I felt as though I was forcing Barack to eat a toad,” Jarrett recalled, “but I told him he had no alternative: if he wanted a Democrat to follow him in the White House, he had to endorse Hillary.

“There was a lot of shouting and pacing of the floor and banging of the desk, but after he calmed down, I told him there was something else he had to do,” Jarrett said. “He had to authorize me to tell Lynch that we were doing a one-eighty on Hillary. No indictment, no matter what.”

Edited by ALF

JOHN KASS: Will Hillary explain her dream of ‘open borders’?

A better question might be, “Will Hillary be seriously called upon to explain her dream of ‘open borders’?

OBAMA TO PROTESTERS: Get Your Own Rally.

President Obama on Tuesday told demonstrators to stage their own event elsewhere, rather than interrupt him.

“Is somebody hollering again?” he asked listeners in Greensboro, N.C., while campaigning for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

“Here’s the deal – try to get your own rally. If you can’t get your own rally, don’t come up and mess up somebody else’s rally. We’ve got work to do.”

Obama was disrupted by protesters at least three times during Tuesday’s rally for Clinton, his former secretary of State.

The first wave of interrupters were wearing shirts bearing the slogan “Bill Clinton is a rapist” to criticize the former president, who is Hillary Clinton’s husband.

“Get your own rally.” Imagine if a Republican said that..........

On the one hand, that's kind of weird...prioritizing friends of the Clintons to TAKE their money for earthquake relief? That almost seems like bizarro influence peddling.

On the other hand...,blurring the line between State and a private or corporate entity? Sounds familiar...

Perhaps that money never really went anywhere near to projects to help the victims. It's probably like buying a corporate tent at the US Open. You get lots of comps, bling, and perks all the while having a great time eating the wares of the executive chefs' catering, drinking the flowing champagne, chasing skirts, and dancing in the moonlight. You know - the usual Liberal MO for helping those poor disaster victims. Meanwhile their checks get cashed and deposited into accounts that only move the needle on the foundation's endowment.

So if we all do that we push it to an end game... Do you want to risk the danger for your individual victory?

Pick one you want to go with the 4 available and know that your choice had counted. If you want Trump, do it for your (IMO, crazy)reasons... Not for destructive reasons.

I made the case where Clinton status quo is better than a full blown tank.

What about the status quo is "good" in your opinion? What about the last 16 years has been great? Clinton is the hybrid of Bush and Obama. She has Bush's desire for war and intervention and Obama's desire for liberal social engineering.

IMO, a Clinton presidency *is* the full blown tank you speak of. I'm no fan of Trump on a personal level but I'm voting for him because the establishment status quo by both sides is the living nightmare for a lot of people, regardless of race and income.

What about the status quo is "good" in your opinion? What about the last 16 years has been great? Clinton is the hybrid of Bush and Obama. She has Bush's desire for war and intervention and Obama's desire for liberal social engineering.

IMO, a Clinton presidency *is* the full blown tank you speak of. I'm no fan of Trump on a personal level but I'm voting for him because the establishment status quo by both sides is the living nightmare for a lot of people, regardless of race and income.

Why not vote for someone with moral fiber who won't actually blow up the country?

Keep following the path the major parties set before you. Seems to be working out well.

In case you hadn't noticed it isn't simply the major parties that are setting the path. A case can be made that very low turnout overall will have as much impact on the direction of the parties as a mild turnout for 3rd party folks. I'm not sure it's a strong case because I have no belief that the parties are smart enough to see how they should change to improve their own respective hands.

With say 5% 3rd party vote, it is easy to dismiss the result as whack-a-doo voters. I'm not saying it's right, just that it's real.

The odds of party platforms changing meaningfully seem low to me under any scenario. I think a perceived vacuum is something the parties will try to address more rapidly than a perceived bunch of crazies. Don't get me wrong, I don't personally think Johnson or Stein voters are crazy....ok maybe some Stein voters.....but I think the parties will and they will write them off while continuing to exert power. I think a very low turnout will send them scrambling to "win back" voters. I think they'll screw that up too btw.

FWIW I think the only chance for a high turnout in this particular election is the "against" vote, so count me in the low turnout crowd.

I don't begrudge anyone sitting on their high horse because they vote for Johnson or whoever. Have at it. IMO there is also some moral high ground in not voting. I think both are long shots to happen or to be noticed. I can also claim moral high ground as a Clinton or Trump voter because there is so much moral low in the other candidate. To me, she is lower because of her actions in power. I have no doubt that if given the power, Trump can approach her level of filth, but it will take some doing.

There is my .02. Coupled with my gas savings, I've got a nickel.

Perhaps that money never really went anywhere near to projects to help the victims.

I have a dozen friends who go to Haiti every year to help, and they all say the same thing when they return: none of the money...none of it...ever went anywhere near the projects to actually help the victims. Permits are never requested and buildings just go up to show some type of progress, but in many cases they have no plumbing and no electricity. Just empty structures built out of paper mache. The homeless are setting up beds in abandoned buildings. Another earthquake and it all comes down again.

In other words, it was the perfect place for the Clintons to launder their money amid the chaos. All they needed was a little help from SoS.

Keep following the path the major parties set before you. Seems to be working out well.

The major party path in this election is the Democrat path. There are leaked emails showing how Dem party leadership worked together with the Hilary campaign to torpedo Sanders chances at getting the nomination. Sanders represented a healthy Democratic party debating ideas and they did everything they could to smother him in his crib. The major media barely mentioned it and nothing has changed at any level within the Democratic party. In fact, Bernie has since been coerced to get in line.

The Republican party path is nearly non-existent; hard to call it a major party path at the moment. Right now it's the Trump path. The major media gleefully report, right now, how Trump is 'going to war with the GOP'. The establishment Republicans, also viewed by many as RINOs or Democrat-Lite, are schitting themselves that the country club party good times they've carved out for themselves in Congress are in danger of falling apart. They haven't been a true opposition party in years.

Trump is a blowhard buffoon. Everyone has known this since the 80s/90s when he started appearing in newspapers. It doesn't mean necessarily that he's stupid and I think people underestimate his intelligence, but he definitely comes across as an uncouth jackass.I do not care. Right now he represents the only real threat the establishment has had since Perot, who also had a real chance to win before he went stupid and dropped out due to 'Republican conspiracy'. He got back in but he had destroyed his image of knowing how to fix things and replaced it with an image of a loon. Trump doesn't really have to worry about that, we know he is a loon, but he is a loon with a plan and if he keeps hammering that plan then he has a good chance. Tomorrow they could publish a picture of him in a tutu blowing a donkey and I would not be surprised, and it would not change my vote.

IMO, the status quo is slowly killing this country and Hilary is the personification of the status quo. I don't know how much longer this country can survive the corporate aristocracy looting this nation in the name of globalism, but I believe my children's generation will start to feel it's consequences. Hilary is a looter and will continue to enable the looting, if not make it even easier. And if you put a gun to my head, I will admit that I think deep down she is a truly evil B word.

Vote for the moron team of Johnson and Weld, or Jill what's her name, as a protest vote against the major parties? Please. Trump IS the true protest vote.

The major party path in this election is the Democrat path. There are leaked emails showing how Dem party leadership worked together with the Hilary campaign to torpedo Sanders chances at getting the nomination. Sanders represented a healthy Democratic party debating ideas and they did everything they could to smother him in his crib. The major media barely mentioned it and nothing has changed at any level within the Democratic party. In fact, Bernie has since been coerced to get in line.

The Republican party path is nearly non-existent; hard to call it a major party path at the moment. Right now it's the Trump path. The major media gleefully report, right now, how Trump is 'going to war with the GOP'. The establishment Republicans, also viewed by many as RINOs or Democrat-Lite, are schitting themselves that the country club party good times they've carved out for themselves in Congress are in danger of falling apart. They haven't been a true opposition party in years.

Trump is a blowhard buffoon. Everyone has known this since the 80s/90s when he started appearing in newspapers. It doesn't mean necessarily that he's stupid and I think people underestimate his intelligence, but he definitely comes across as an uncouth jackass.I do not care. Right now he represents the only real threat the establishment has had since Perot, who also had a real chance to win before he went stupid and dropped out due to 'Republican conspiracy'. He got back in but he had destroyed his image of knowing how to fix things and replaced it with an image of a loon. Trump doesn't really have to worry about that, we know he is a loon, but he is a loon with a plan and if he keeps hammering that plan then he has a good chance. Tomorrow they could publish a picture of him in a tutu blowing a donkey and I would not be surprised, and it would not change my vote.

IMO, the status quo is slowly killing this country and Hilary is the personification of the status quo. I don't know how much longer this country can survive the corporate aristocracy looting this nation in the name of globalism, but I believe my children's generation will start to feel it's consequences. Hilary is a looter and will continue to enable the looting, if not make it even easier. And if you put a gun to my head, I will admit that I think deep down she is a truly evil B word.

Vote for the moron team of Johnson and Weld, or Jill what's her name, as a protest vote against the major parties? Please. Trump IS the true protest vote.

Holy ****. Where did you come from? Who dragged you out of the primordial ooze and in to this...primordial ooze?

No he isn't.

He's the vote that permanently destroys conservatism in this country.

If that's true, then maybe it needs to be destroyed so it can begin anew. And seriously, doesn't conservatism mean you should actually "conserve" something?

Conservatives never conserve dick. The Libs want to go 10 feet and the conservatives hold them to only going 5 feet, then pat themselves on the back at how good a job they did holding them to 5 feet, when all parties involved know that at the next go around the Libs will again ask for 10 feet, the conservatives will hold them to 5 feet (thereby giving them the full 10 feet they wanted previously) and the cycle goes on and on. Rinse repeat.

Have fun with that, "conservative".

No he isn't.

He's the vote that permanently destroys conservatism in this country.

Trump is NOT a conservative..........voting for him helps limit Washington DC's ever-growing government and elite.

Letting Hillary into the oval office will destroy conservatism.

If that's true, then maybe it needs to be destroyed so it can begin anew. And seriously, doesn't conservatism mean you should actually "conserve" something?

Conservatives never conserve dick. The Libs want to go 10 feet and the conservatives hold them to only going 5 feet, then pat themselves on the back at how good a job they did holding them to 5 feet, when all parties involved know that at the next go around the Libs will again ask for 10 feet, the conservatives will hold them to 5 feet (thereby giving them the full 10 feet they wanted previously) and the cycle goes on and on. Rinse repeat.

To me conservatism means conserving the old ways. Mostly all the religious crap that people are repudiating more and more. Trying to outlaw abortion and squashing gay rights are becoming passe and having guys like Romney and Trump, who pay lip service to the religious base, as the party's nominee are evidence of how the Republican party is already dying, or at least, being transformed.

/facepalm

The President becomes the defacto face of the party he represents.

If Trump becomes elected, whether you and others who feel as you do like it or not, Trump's brand of proto-fascist Nativist nationalism becomes what the Republican party represents; and will be what is campaigned against for the next 4-5 Presidential election cycles.

You'll see a hyper-shift towards the extreme left in this country that will make Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama look right-center, as the "Trump Opposition Party" takes deep roots after he crashes and burns.

By the time Republicans, if they even exist anymore, have a chance at the Oval Office; the country won't be recognizable anymore.

The best thing that can possibly happen for the long and intermediate term future of our country is for Clinton to be elected, suffer a one term presidency rife with scandal and a likely recession, allowing for Republicans to learn from the Trump ascension, and become a party representative of the People.

Good job, though, with your grand plan to flush the backbone of the country down the toilet for good.

/golf clap

Edited by TakeYouToTasker