World Cup Thread

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but what a team it was, up until just recently.

Still shocking. The heart went out of them vs the Netherlands. Their passing was atrocious and Tiki Taka does not work if the passing is bad. That's not age as much as focus. Amazing run.

Only Germany looks like it could sustain that level of success on the World Stage for an extended period right now.

Still shocking. The heart went out of them vs the Netherlands. Their passing was atrocious and Tiki Taka does not work if the passing is bad. That's not age as much as focus. Amazing run.

Only Germany looks like it could sustain that level of success on the World Stage for an extended period right now.

I know it's early and Germany has only played one game, but from what I've seen, they look to be the most organized and precise team in the tournament. I think they are going to take the cup.

I know it's early and Germany has only played one game, but from what I've seen, they look to be the most organized and precise team in the tournament. I think they are going to take the cup.

Since 2002 they have been in top form. they just keep running into a blue wall :D

Still hoping for my Portuguese to pull a miracle but I cant see them wining another game.

CBF

They are welcome to beat the hell out of Ghana on 6/26. I don't want them to fix whatever their problem is until after this Sunday though.

Edited by Cugalabanza

We need a WAGS of the World Cup thread.

And I'm rooting for the US and the Netherlands. Also since LeBron is free now, can the US add him?

Just google top 10 Cristiano Ronaldo girlfriends :lol:

SAO PAULO (AP) — U.S. forward Jozy Altidore will miss Sunday's
game against Portugal because of his strained left hamstring.

Altidore was hurt during the first half of Monday's win over Ghana.

U.S. team spokesman Michael Kammarman said Thursday the Americans were hopeful Altidore can return at some point during the tournament. The Americans complete the first round against three-time champion Germany on June 26.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2014/06/19/altidore-to-miss-world-cup-game-against-portugal/10841869/

This was to be expected, but the fact that they mention that there is a possibility he could return after the MRI result is promising.

One thing that bugs me about living in a second rate soccer nation is that the coverage is very poor. It's hard to find quality writing about the USMNT even now. The vast majority of articles available (and there are not a lot out there) just want to talk about Kobe Bryant or Landon Donovan or Jimmy Fallon. There's really not much out there breaking down X's and 0's or talking strategy or evaluating the opponents in a meaningful way.

One thing that bugs me about living in a second rate soccer nation is that the coverage is very poor. It's hard to find quality writing about the USMNT even now. The vast majority of articles available (and there are not a lot out there) just want to talk about Kobe Bryant or Landon Donovan or Jimmy Fallon. There's really not much out there breaking down X's and 0's or talking strategy or evaluating the opponents in a meaningful way.

Sadly, you have to dig through a lot of crap to find that kind of writing even about our primary sports of football and baseball.

Just google top 10 Cristiano Ronaldo girlfriends :lol:

Or top 23.....

http://elitedaily.com/sports/the-23-hottest-girls-cristiano-ronaldo-has-conquered/

Do we need a 'top 1%' tax for guys like this? He has way more than his fair share. :lol:

True, but the internet has solved that. We also have ESPN covering it the way they have - all games and dedicated shows. Between NBC's coverage of the Premier League and ESPN's coverage of the World Cup, this has been the best year yet for those of us that also like world "football."

Use the forum bigsoccer.

Sadly, you have to dig through a lot of crap to find that kind of writing even about our primary sports of football and baseball.

Or top 23.....

http://elitedaily.co...-has-conquered/

Do we need a 'top 1%' tax for guys like this? He has way more than his fair share. :lol:

:lol: It's not fair. Redistribution of women. Brilliant :lol:

Having lived in England for 5 years may I suggest BBC sport or ITV or Sky Sports. Those are your major TV networks covering the World Cup. If you are looking for newspaper type coverage try The Guardian (www.theguadian.com) or The Telegraph (www.telegraph.co.uk). All of these have lots of coverage.