World Cup Thread

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeesh...just saw the result. Sorry man. Was really pulling for the Italians.

A tie against uruguay is sufficient to pass this group. I have a feeling suarez will tear us a new one.

That was garbage.

Costa Rica is quality and the EU teams are not used to that. They've been a thorn for the US for the last few years, that's for sure. Definitely the better team won that match, as bad as it was from your POV.

Great game by Iran, sometimes soccer is unfair. Argentina moved the ball well at first but the player didn't, they didn't seek variables to break the great Iran defense. Time was against us, we tried to rush things and got lost with our own nerves. Romero and Messi won this game, that we shouldn't have won.

Edited by Fixxxer

Costa Rica is quality and the EU teams are not used to that. They've been a thorn for the US for the last few years, that's for sure. Definitely the better team won that match, as bad as it was from your POV.

I'm not saying they aren't quality but they still are on paper one of the weakest teams in the tournament. Of course italy always plays badly against weak opponents but i expected a 0-0 tie not a loss.