World Cup Thread

It's difficult to know, it really boils down to the character of the leaders of the team. Some teams come out on determined to execute their game plan, others fold like the Iraqi army after such a humiliating defeat. My guess is that they'll play a good game, even though Chile is world renowned for it's tough defense. I'm thinking 2-1 Spain.

Netherlands I'm guessing will dominate. 3-0

I have no doubt Netherlands will continue their run as favorites and get knocked out in the quarter finals.

Spain is not done yet but it's not surprising that their lackluster form followed them from la liga this year.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt Netherlands will continue their run as favorites and get knocked out in the quarter finals.

Spain is not done yet but it's not surprising that their lackluster form followed them from la liga this year.

Well, if you project Netherlands as the winner of group B and Italy as the winner of group D, then it is in fact Italy that they will most likely face in the quarterfinals, so I see why you are saying that. :lol:

And that game will take place on Saturday 7/5. No way in hell I will miss that one.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Well, if you project Netherlands as the winner of group B and Italy as the winner of group D, then it is in fact Italy that they will most likely face in the quarterfinals, so I see why you are saying that. :lol:

:lol: I didn't even realize that to be honest, it's just that every single time Holland impresses, they flop at one point.

But yes I think Italy can beat them.

Cahill got a yellow. He had one last game too, so now he has to sit the next game, against Spain. Very unlikely for Australia to escape this group, but it's a shame Cahill can't play in their last one.

Edited by Cugalabanza

not like he was even playing in game 1....

Edit: I'm actually interested to see how Portugal would do without him.

I think they could play more like a team and may even be slightly better without him.

I have always felt that the team relies too much on him and always expect him to win the game by himself

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

There are rumors of Renaldo being out for the rest of the tournament.

Oh Wow! You are right.

http://www.dailymail...-bad-worse.html

After a disastrous start to their World Cup campaign, Portugal have been dealt another blow after Cristiano Ronaldo was pictured limping out of training with his knee heavily strapped.

There had been serious doubts over the Real Madrid superstar's fitness ahead of the tournament, after a thigh problem and tendonitis in his knee forced him to miss training and two warm-up matches.

not like he was even playing in game 1....

Edit: I'm actually interested to see how Portugal would do without him.

I think they could play more like a team and may even be slightly better without him.

I have always felt that the team relies too much on him and always expect him to win the game by himself

CBF

You mean like this game?

I just found this about his injury status.

Portugal’s World Cup started off disastrously.

Now, it very well could be over after doctors have reportedly told Cristiano Ronaldo his career will be at risk if he continues playing at the World Cup.

Edited by Magox

Wow. If it's possible to feel bad for a guy who has many many millions of dollars, a superhot young wife and the adoration of millions of fans, I do--I feel bad for him.

I felt bad for him until a minute ago when I listened to Dempsey's rap song Don't Tread. Now I feel bad for me.

I felt bad for him until a minute ago when I listened to Dempsey's rap song Don't Tread. Now I feel bad for me.

Oh boy, I don't think I'm gonna even look for that. Maybe no one else will mention it and I can pretend it's not even out there.

Oh boy, I don't think I'm gonna even look for that. Maybe no one else will mention it and I can pretend it's not even out there.

Ehh, it wasn't that bad. If no one told me it was Clint I wouldn't have thought anything of it. I'm not exactly a rap aficionado.

Holy wow. Not just losing but getting dominated. Chile killing it.

Not counting them out but they are a half away from a ticket home and utter embarrassment.

7-1 through a game and a half. That's Australia/Egypt stuff.

Edited by John Adams