World Cup Thread

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a marvelous goal by Dempsey! World Class! The defense looks solid, but we are unable to maintain possession to get the counter attack going with any consistency. But make no mistake, there are openings to be had.

What a marvelous goal by Dempsey! World Class! The defense looks solid, but we are unable to maintain possession to get the counter attack going with any consistency. But make no mistake, there are openings to be had.

I guess the defense is good since they didn't score on us but we gave them so many chances on corners and turnovers. If this is how we play Ghana I don't want to think what Germany will do to us.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Important win obviously both for this World Cup and finally beating a very good and unrelenting Ghana side. I also thought that Ghana is overly chippy (dare I say dirty). Nevertheless, they have some skilled players.

I am proud by the resilience of our team. We also have some good young talent and, in my view, a perfect coach for the USMT's growth and growth of football/soccer in general.