World Cup Thread

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany looks scary! Extremely impressed with them, if they play like this I don't see anyone beating them.

This game is clearly over in all but the final score, but they are making Portugal look silly.

BTW, thank you to Germany for getting Pepe ejected for the US game. Now work on a Ronaldo red card.

Psyched for the game tonight. USA needs to beat Ghana for two reasons:

1. We need a win to have a chance at getting out of the group.

2. I don't think Cruz could take it again...

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

That head butt was pretty agregious. Germany looking very, very strong here. As noted before, however, Portugal defense is very suspect. This one might get ugly.

They will be without two starters on an already-suspect defense.

I don't know what to do with myself right now. Took the day off today to watch Germany/Portugal. That is over, and now there is 4 hours until game time. The lawn is mowed, weeds have been whacked, chores are all done. This is the type of excitement I feel on Sunday mornings!

Go USA!!

I don't know what to do with myself right now. Took the day off today to watch Germany/Portugal. That is over, and now there is 4 hours until game time. The lawn is mowed, weeds have been whacked, chores are all done. This is the type of excitement I feel on Sunday mornings!

Go USA!!

I hear ya. I might get drawn and quartered for saying so, but this is much much bigger for me than a Bills Sunday. And that's coming from someone who has watched every Bills game since about 1982*. Today's game is like a Bills superbowl for me.

EDIT: *with the occasional blacked out game that I listened to on the radio

Edited by Cugalabanza

I hear ya. I might get drawn and quartered for saying so, but this is much much bigger for me than a Bills Sunday. And that's coming from someone who has watched every Bills game since about 1982*. Today's game is like a Bills superbowl for me.

EDIT: *with the occasional blacked out game that I listened to on the radio

I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but a Bills preseason game means more to me than US/Ghana in futbol.

I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but a Bills preseason game means more to me than US/Ghana in futbol.

Yeah, I understand. I know I'm not in the majority.

I guess I don't suffer enough as a Bills fan. I needed that extra loveable loser team to latch onto. There must be some previous life bad stuff that I need to atone for.

:)

It's not a Superbowl for me but definitely the most exited I've been for a match since 2011 and the Women's WC (I am a girls travel coach and have a soccer-playing daughter who worships the women's team, so I spend a lot of time watching them).

It's not a Superbowl for me but definitely the most exited I've been for a match since 2011 and the Women's WC (I am a girls travel coach and have a soccer-playing daughter who worships the women's team, so I spend a lot of time watching them).

The women's international games are great to watch. Great soccer--very entertaining.

This thread and this thread alone has gotten me excited about the World Cup in general and today's game. So cheers, all.

I hope you feel the same way tomorrow.

:beer: