2014 Bills OTAs Part 3 (June 9th - June 12th)

The Paul Hamilton article doesn't really make me concerned about EJ. This is OTAs guys, first few weeks of practice, new plays being put in and run and QB/WR chemistry being made. There have been a few sloppy days regarding the whole team recently and what matters is how this is being handled now before Training Camp starts.

Plus remember D is ALWAYS better then offense early into OTA and TC. Offense requires much more timing and chemistry.

If the second half of TC rolls around and this is still happening then we should get the torches lit and forks sharpened.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Hamilton is not impressed by EJ in this article from today. I gotta be concerned. Last year i rarely saw EJ throw any frozen ropes into a tight window or trusting his receivers to make a play... he mostly overthrows guys or checks down. Not good. There are no playoffs unless we get good QB'ing.

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills--offense-continues-to-struggle/19190586

You are getting concerned? Seriously? About OTA's?

Look, I'm looking for him to step up this year but if you don't think he's still going to have some bad throws in practice, you probably shouldn't read any articles from now until opening day.

I honestly don't expect him to look HoF like in practice, all I care is how he looks on Sundays. I hope to see improvement from last year but won't know until I see a couple actual games.

Don't let the microscopic reporting of OTAs in June concern you, would be my advice.

The thing is to avoid overreaction since there are so many new moving parts between personnel/offensive calls. Couple that with it still being so early into the process with the guys only in helmets and shorts.

Watkins returned kicks TWO days in a row!

The Paul Hamilton article doesn't really make me concerned about EJ. This is OTAs guys, first few weeks of practice, new plays being put in and run and QB/WR chemistry being made. There have been a few sloppy days regarding the whole team recently and what matters is how this is being handled now before Training Camp starts.

Plus remember D is ALWAYS better then offense early into OTA and TC. Offense requires much more timing and chemistry.

If the second half of TC rolls around and this is still happening then we should get the torches lit and forks sharpened.

My pitch fork is always , always sharp .

I am not in charge of torches though

Boobie keepin' it real. :thumbsup:

I'm not going to panic until I see them play.

I am liking that Boobie character !

Look, I'm looking for him to step up this year but if you don't think he's still going to have some bad throws in practice, you probably shouldn't read any articles from now until opening day.

I honestly don't expect him to look HoF like in practice, all I care is how he looks on Sundays. I hope to see improvement from last year but won't know until I see a couple actual games.

Don't let the microscopic reporting of OTAs in June concern you, would be my advice.

:thumbsup:

wake me up in about 2 1/2 months / yawn

Well, that article concerns me, as well. Yes, I know it's just OTAs. No, I'm not looking for HoF play. It's the accuracy thing that concerns me. Last week the excuse was that the WRs weren't running their proper routes. This week he's overthrowing wide open receivers? Yes, it gives me pause, even during OTAs.

btw- if we can't be concerned by a player's poor performance because it's "just OTAs," then what's the point of getting psyched by other player's stand-out performances during the same OTAs? Why pay attention at all?

Well, that article concerns me, as well. Yes, I know it's just OTAs. No, I'm not looking for HoF play. It's the accuracy thing that concerns me. Last week the excuse was that the WRs weren't running their proper routes. This week he's overthrowing wide open receivers? Yes, it gives me pause, even during OTAs.

btw- if we can't be concerned by a player's poor performance because it's "just OTAs," then what's the point of getting psyched by other player's stand-out performances during the same OTAs? Why pay attention at all?

I'd say there's some sort of entertainment value as a fan but generally speaking ill return the same question- why pay attention at all? If the nfl streamed webcams in the workout room would it be productive to analyze every guys form or day by day progress on the treadmill? Would we consider Goodwin injury prone if he stubbed his toe on a weight and didn't finish his last set of reps? It sounds silly but in some ways it's not totally dissimilar.

Broadly I'll say I don't read much of the reports but if someone's really standing out good or bad it's a flag to keep an eye on the story later - Ill occassionally banter about it but try to keep with not making any judgement off June practices in shorts with 40 guys that'll be aspiring to work at wegmans in 3 months and coaches having motivation outside "lets beat the opponent in 3 days."

Edited by NoSaint

I'd say there's some sort of entertainment value as a fan but generally speaking ill return the same question- why pay attention at all? If the nfl streamed webcams in the workout room would it be productive to analyze every guys form or day by day progress on the treadmill? Would we consider Goodwin injury prone if he stubbed his toe on a weight and didn't finish his last set of reps? It sounds silly but in some ways it's not totally dissimilar.

Broadly I'll say I don't read much of the reports but if someone's really standing out good or bad it's a flag to keep an eye on the story later - Ill occassionally banter about it but try to keep with not making any judgement off June practices in shorts with 40 guys that'll be aspiring to work at wegmans in 3 months and coaches having motivation outside "lets beat the opponent in 3 days."

I miss Wegmans...

Is it microscopic reporting when numerous reporters say how bad out QB looked on numerous days of OTAs?

The "it's just OTAs" line doesn't cut it IMO when the QB is consistently bad in his second year in the offense. It's cause for concern