WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

So he is gone for 4 games most likely. In these situations the team should have the option to reclaim all monies lost from signing a player that defaults on his contract.

You've already suspended him & you don't know what he was arrested for(or if it's even true)? That's rational?

Edited by C.Biscuit97

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://nfldraftdiamo...on-two-charges/

"I spoke with the police station tonight and the two charges are drug paraphernalia and controlled substance."

Travis Leder@travisleder 2m

A source tells me Marcell Dareus was in possession of synthetic cannabis, or "spice". @wvuatv #bills @buffalobills @nfl

Edited by Punch

Jeff Russo@JeffRussoWKBW 57s

Cleburne Co.Jail in Alabama has confirmed that #Bills M. Dareus was arrested last night for poss. of a controlled substance and drug para

Jeff Russo@JeffRussoWKBW 23s

I'm told #Bills Dareus was arrested on interstate 20 in Alabama at around 11pm last night. Was in jail for around 30 minutes.

I really hope this is minor. It seems so many players are being suspended these days. But it is a Gaige to take issue, players want to sue for concussions, so NFL will suspend for any situation it feels may lead to litigation years from now. Welcome to the true no fun league. Players will be suspended for any occurrence.

4 games for a first offense

I said most likely. I'm not wishing for this, but I feel the heavy hand will be administered.

Synthetic weed? What's wrong with the kids these days?

Yeah, that stuff is crap. But a ton of players smoke pot. It's self medicating. Given their profession, I think it joke to even drug test them for it. It's better than them popping a ton of pills.

I really hope this is minor. It seems so many players are being suspended these days. But it is a Gaige to take issue, players want to sue for concussions, so NFL will suspend for any situation it feels may lead to litigation years from now. Welcome to the true no fun league. Players will be suspended for any occurrence.

I said most likely. I'm not wishing for this, but I feel the heavy hand will be administered.

Drug offenses are negotiated- it should simply be a strike in the drug program. If his first, not a suspension.

So he is gone for 4 games most likely. In these situations the team should have the option to reclaim all monies lost from signing a player that defaults on his contract.

4 games most likely based on what? Simply bc he got arrested? He was released within an hour so I can't imagine its DUI since they usually keep you longer then that

I'm guessing here but this sounds like unpaid tickets or driving without a license, something dumb like that. Not sure how long they hold you for possession

Edited by Max997

let's not rush to judgment and assume this is bad. it's entirely possible he was just arrested for something like...speeding. because he was late for a meeting with marrone. and he didn't want to get suspended for the first half of our first preseason game.

when you think about it that way, it actually reveals a lot of maturity and personal growth on his part. i'm proud of the kid.

lol no marrone is in buffalo at a WCW or fake wrestling event tonight.... i saw a picture of him up with a dude from a local radio station