should we be worried about the jets?

A lot of new pieces due to FA and a draft with a ton of picks. Will all of the big names (CJ2K, Decker, Vick) form a potent offense to complement their always formidable defense? Or will this fall apart like so many hastily put together teams have in the past?

Edited by billsgpr88

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry about the spiders crawling underneath my skin and the voices telling me to kill in my head

You uh, should uh, see someone about that

As for the Jets, If it weren't for Justin Rogers last year (who was torched for 246 yards or something ridiculous like that) we would have beat them twice

Edited by Captain Hindsight

A lot of new pieces due to FA and a draft with a ton of picks. Will all of the big names (CJ2K, Decker, Vick) form a potent offense to complement their always formidable defense? Or will this fall apart like so many hastily put together teams have in the past?

I think that the Jets will post a winning season this year.

We will split with them like always

We split with the Pats in '03 and '11. 6-10 both seasons.

What's your point, simply that we'll split?

Last season we split too, the Jets won two more games than we did.

We beat the Fins twice, they too finished at 8-8.

Our problem is that we can't beat any good teams outside of our division.

As for the Jets, If it weren't for Justin Rogers last year (who was torched for 246 yards or something ridiculous like that) we would have beat them twice

LOL

Yeah, that and a little matter of two relatively pedestrian RBs, Bilal Powell and Chris Ivory, logging bookoo rushing yards on us. In two games we gave up 316 rushing yards to the Jets and their pathetic offensive backfield.

If I'm going to worry, it's going to be about the Bills. Other teams will find ways to beat us if we don't show real improvement.

This.

Having said that, I'm more concerned about the Dolphins than the Jets.

Jets may have best DL in the NFL. OL besides Mangold is mediocre however. Decker is a product of Manning. He will be a huge disappointment in NY.

As others have said it is all about the QB's for both teams. Which team chose correctly? Maybe both did and it will be an EJ and Geno rivalry for a decade. Maybe both teams crapped the bed. In that case Vick is a much better second option than the jokes the Bills have for back-up options.

I think 6 games into the season and we will know about EJ. Many on here have already formed their opinions. Mine is still open. Marrone doesn't seem like a guy dumb enough to hitch his only NLF HC opportunity to a QB he does not believe in without a viable back-up option. Maybe I am wrong. I would have taken another QB in the mid-rounds this year for insurance.

The Jets should worry about us.

You go PTR!

Hell Yeah. Chris Johnson has been pedestrian at best for the last couple of years. Vick has a significant losing record the last couple of years, and Decker is a good WR. He's the only decent WR they have and I agree, we will split with them to maybe we sweep. We will also either split or sweep Miami. We have to split with NE. That is critical! If we win at home in October, that would be meaningful.

Now if we win in December in Foxboro, that would be phenomenal. I don't expect to win that game, but it would show a significant change in this team. Schwartz better have the answer in how to pressure Brady. The ONLY way to beat Brady is by putting him on the ground, and stopping the run. Let's give Spikes some extra raw meat, and eggs before those two games.

You go PTR!

Hell Yeah. Chris Johnson has been pedestrian at best for the last couple of years. Vick has a significant losing record the last couple of years, and Decker is a good WR. He's the only decent WR they have and I agree, we will split with them to maybe we sweep. We will also either split or sweep Miami. We have to split with NE. That is critical! If we win at home in October, that would be meaningful.

Now if we win in December in Foxboro, that would be phenomenal. I don't expect to win that game, but it would show a significant change in this team. Schwartz better have the answer in how to pressure Brady. The ONLY way to beat Brady is by putting him on the ground, and stopping the run. Let's give Spikes some extra raw meat, and eggs before those two games.

CJ is pedestrian against every team but Buffalo. He's a great value pickup in fantasy this year for our two games against the Jets alone.