Update on renovations to The Ralph

Lipstick on a pig. I have great memories from 80's and 90's but go to any modern stadium and you won't want to watch the Bills play a home game. Bathrooms are disgusting. There is no room to walk. Food is average. Even in the Jim Kelly club the beef on weck was cold. Very disappointing. Beer selection could be better.

ok, but have you seen the black yet?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipstick on a pig. I have great memories from 80's and 90's but go to any modern stadium and you won't want to watch the Bills play a home game. Bathrooms are disgusting. There is no room to walk. Food is average. Even in the Jim Kelly club the beef on weck was cold. Very disappointing. Beer selection could be better.

Guys please go to a new venue and see what you are missing. Tear down the Ralph. Build a 64,000 seat stadium on the waterfront and raise the ticket prices 25%. Add high quality food and beverage items. I'm not saying every other stadium is better but Seattle and Arizona offered much better experiences. I'm going to Bears-Bills but I don't expect it will be much better than RW.

Worst stadium ever though was Metrodome. The concourses could not have allowed more than 5 people side by side. Actually was a bit scary.

I love the tradition of the Ralph, but these comments are correct. I flew up with the boys for the home opener from FL, and I was reminded of how bad the food, and old the stadium has become. I had a great time, and loved the people, but compared to going to games in other stadiums, Buffalonians probably just don't know what they are missing. I love my Bills, and if you read the article this morning about the lack of interest in moving to LA. One point made is Ohio paid for all of their major stadiums since 1994. The Bengals, Browns, and so on.

I love the tradition of the Ralph, but these comments are correct. I flew up with the boys for the home opener from FL, and I was reminded of how bad the food, and old the stadium has become. I had a great time, and loved the people, but compared to going to games in other stadiums, Buffalonians probably just don't know what they are missing. I love my Bills, and if you read the article this morning about the lack of interest in moving to LA. One point made is Ohio paid for all of their major stadiums since 1994. The Bengals, Browns, and so on.

I know this point was from the article but Ohio really only has 3 major cities (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati). Not saying NYS has a lot more but NYC and Albany probably wouldn't like the idea of state money getting dumped into WNY. This point has been made before I'm sure but it's up to Cuomo and Schumer to get that money (even though they said a new stadium should be privately funded).

Dumping money into those 3 cities keeps Ohio viable. Dumping money into Buffalo keeps Buffalo viable. JMO.

Interesting concept I just thought of, what if Pegula funded the stadium, naming rights, etc. Would he be the one taking in a paycheck from the lease agreement/NFL?

Edited by The Wiz

I love the tradition of the Ralph, but these comments are correct. I flew up with the boys for the home opener from FL, and I was reminded of how bad the food, and old the stadium has become. I had a great time, and loved the people, but compared to going to games in other stadiums, Buffalonians probably just don't know what they are missing.

I know i am just an old nostalgic fart, but i am one who goes to a ton of others stadiums, and i always think those poor SOB's have no idea what they are missing being in this stadium compared to the Ralph...just the opposite of your thoughts.

I know i am just an old nostalgic fart, but i am one who goes to a ton of others stadiums, and i always think those poor SOB's have no idea what they are missing being in this stadium compared to the Ralph...just the opposite of your thoughts.

:thumbsup:

I know this point was from the article but Ohio really only has 3 major cities (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati). Not saying NYS has a lot more but NYC and Albany probably wouldn't like the idea of state money getting dumped into WNY. This point has been made before I'm sure but it's up to Cuomo and Schumer to get that money (even though they said a new stadium should be privately funded).

Dumping money into those 3 cities keeps Ohio viable. Dumping money into Buffalo keeps Buffalo viable. JMO.

Interesting concept I just thought of, what if Pegula funded the stadium, naming rights, etc. Would he be the one taking in a paycheck from the lease agreement/NFL?

Cuomo has already dumped $1 billion into WNY for construction and its about time after all the years we've been subsidizing NYC

Edited by matter2003

I agree that some enhancements had to be done in the interim, it is just unfortunate that it took so long to make improvements that the majority of fans can enjoy, instead of pouring millions over the years into club seating/suites(which have been undersold), and other amenities not seen by the majority of fans.

Ya so? Those of us that have enjoyed the upgrades into club seating have paid dearly for it compared to a regular seat. And that money if I'm not mistaken is not shared. That was all Ralph's. My seat license cost more than the ticket in the Van. Are you going to step up in the new stadium??????

Cuomo has already dumped $1 billion into WNY for construction and its about time after all the years we've been subsidizing NYC

That is in no way shape or form true, NYC pays a lot for having all the rest of the state. Not the other way around. Look it up sometime.

Ya so? Those of us that have enjoyed the upgrades into club seating have paid dearly for it compared to a regular seat. And that money if I'm not mistaken is not shared. That was all Ralph's. My seat license cost more than the ticket in the Van. Are you going to step up in the new stadium??????

Why so angry?

Can't help thinking this is such folly. Why bother with all this expense and upgrade if the League is mandating a new venue. This seems so foolish

exactly

I also don't like the black but I guess I'll just have to see it when it's finished. I'm thinking the black we see now looks like a lot but the amounts of blue, red, and white that'll be in there are going to drown it out a little.

now if we could add black to our uniforms that would be awesome :thumbsup:

I am for a stadium - any stadium - that keeps the Bills in WNY where we all know the Bills belong.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

It seems like half the complaints are about the poor food and beverage options, which has almost no relation to the structure itself.

If they address the problems with the concourses being too narrow, update/upgrade the restrooms, and have DNC get their head out of their ass and put out a quality product, I think the renovated Ralph could be viable for many years to come.

Edited by yall