Buffalo Sportz Corridor: Outer Harbor Football Stadium

Promoters to unveil plans for large sports complex on waterfront

As waterfront development officials move forward with a master plan to reimagine Buffalo’s outer harbor area, a second group of sports promoters wants to put a massive athletic complex on the sprawling vacant land, designed to appeal to a broad range of both amateur and professional sports.

The group, calling itself Buffalo Sportz Corridor, expects to unveil a highly ambitious proposal this morning that would create one of the country’s biggest tournament-driven sports and training facilities on the city’s waterfront.

Greg Pope from Buffalo Sportz Corridor <5:38>

Big mistake to put a new stadium there, traffic in and out would be a nightmare...as a season ticket holder, I can't see going down by the lake where there are no roads headed out to the west.........lack of a 360Degree transportation network makes the waterfront undesireable. Other roads then overloaded and traffic would be a nightmare. I, for one, won't be doing that.

Big mistake to put a new stadium there, traffic in and out would be a nightmare...as a season ticket holder, I can't see going down by the lake where there are no roads headed out to the west.........lack of a 360Degree transportation network makes the waterfront undesireable. Other roads then overloaded and traffic would be a nightmare. I, for one, won't be doing that.

I also think November and December winds off the lake are brutal.

Most cities have traffic issues and our potential one wouldnt even compare to other venues. But sure, lets keep the stadium in the boonies and showcase our city some more and not let business owners reap the benefita of having the stadium downtown on the water.