Schefter: Eagles trade Bryce Brown to Bills

Punch

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You draft tackles and move them inside. If Kouandjio plays at RT then they can move a tackle inside if they want as well.

I'm pretty sure they didn't draft an RT to play him at guard. The LG position was sufficiently addressed in the off-season.

I love Freddy but guys his age can fade very quickly. The hits start to accumulate past the body's ability to quickly recover and it's a long season.

I don't think they're getting rid of him at all. Brown has had some issues, so maybe putting him together with Freddy will help. If Browns turns things around with Freddy's help this will be a good move.

I love Freddy but guys his age can fade very quickly. The hits start to accumulate past the body's ability to quickly recover and it's a long season.

I don't think they're getting rid of him at all. Brown has had some issues, so maybe putting him together with Freddy will help. If Browns turns things around with Freddy's help this will be a good move.

I remember several times last year Freddy looked to have been taken out, like that first game against Miami, but magically returned. That's not going to keep happening.

I love this trade. Keep it up, Whaley!

I agree that in the end, the downside is low. Just irks me as a matter of principle to give up anything for the RB position.

My personal belief is:

1) never waste a 1st round pick on a RB

2) never re-sign or sign a top-tier FA RB

3) never trade anything for a RB

There are exceptions, but generally it's pretty unwise to do any of the foregoing.

We get a guy for 500k a year that's played well has excellent measurables and cost us just a 4 next year.... I'm not losing sleep over cost. If you want to spend 3-4m instead in free agency I think you are talking 6 of one and a half dozen of the other in price/value

Moreno signed for over $3mm for this year, Blount about $4MM for 2 years, hardly peanuts. And maybe they wouldn't want to play here with Spiller and Jackson ahead of them. Why is it strange to trade a 3rd rounder for a RB, would you have a problem drafting a RB with a 3rd? In limited playing time, Brown has shown he can play in the NFL, that's more than anyone drafted today can say.

Just based on value, it seems like much more established RBs have gone for much less. Didn't we trade Lynch for a 5th? The Pats got legarrett Blount for a 7th rounder. The eagles got sproles for a 5th.

I'm pretty sure they didn't draft an RT to play him at guard. The LG position was sufficiently addressed in the off-season.

I didn't say that. Please re-read. They could move Hairston inside if they wanted.

I agree that in the end, the downside is low. Just irks me as a matter of principle to give up anything for the RB position.

My personal belief is:

1) never waste a 1st round pick on a RB

2) never re-sign or sign a top-tier FA RB

3) never trade anything for a RB

There are exceptions, but generally it's pretty unwise to do any of the foregoing.

You won't trade a 4 th round draft pick for a RB, but would you draft a RB with a fourth round pick?

Just based on value, it seems like much more established RBs have gone for much less. Didn't we trade Lynch for a 5th? The Pats got legarrett Blount for a 7th rounder. The eagles got sproles for a 5th.

Possibly. Lynch was a bad trade, also one more mistake away from suspension. Blount was a guy on a one year deal, so that diminishes value. Sproles will be 31 this season, coming off a poor year.

A 5th is too much. Didn't this could fumble like 316 times in one season?

He also had some nice production and fumbling issues can be resolved

Now I hope Sherman shuts down Stevie so that pick is a 4.

As for fumbling, that can be coached up. See Barber, Tiki.

Why would you want the pick to be a 4 when if it becomes a 3 Bills keep it and send a 4 th in 2016

Bills are still looking for a starting RB? Who writes this stuff?

Ha! Yeah, I can't even guess what was meant by that line.. Otherwise, pretty informative. A couple 120 yrd games and the fumbles everyone is talking about happened in a 2 game sequence, but only 3 total in approx. 180 carries..

You won't trade a 4 th round draft pick for a RB, but would you draft a RB with a fourth round pick?

I personally wouldn't ever draft a RB.

But if they were going to draft a guy, I am okay that they got brown instead of a pick. Frankly, I think that's what happened-- the guys at RB they wanted weren't there, so they made the trade instead.