Official 1st round discussion thread (non-Bills)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at it this way...we KEPT the 2nd rounder this year...9th pick of that round. We gave up next years first...hopefully only about 15-20 picks higher at worst. This draft is WAY deeper and now we can still draft OL in the 2nd and shore up our OL THIS YEAR.

We can also trade Stevie and try and get a 3rd in this draft.

I am very happy

2 1's and a 4. Stiff but not deadly

when I looked at the draft chart Buffalo could have done this for this for just their 2nd.

The talk was Detroit was also looking to trade up. That may have driven up the price.

Ugh next year's 1 is gone... But Watkins IS a great prospect.

I'm against it. Trade down and get offensive line was my plan. A ton of receivers for a QB with an unproven and suspicious arm. And mortgage the future. Another 6-10 season is my prediction.

Suspicious arm? I am not saying that Manuel is a sure thing, but his arm strength is not a question in my mind.

Ugh next year's 1 is gone... But Watkins IS a great prospect.

Suspicious arm? I am not saying that Manuel is a sure thing, but his arm strength is not a question in my mind.

Accuracy and willingness/ability to thread the needle is suspicious, not strength.

when I looked at the draft chart Buffalo could have done this for this for just their 2nd.

The talk was Detroit was also looking to trade up. That may have driven up the price.

Usually next year's picks are devalued by a round in this year's draft. So consider it a 2nd and 5th to move up this year.

Figuring it out by trades based upon this year's picks

1........... entire draft 2014 and 2015 plus a 2nd in 2016?

2... ..........1st, 2nd, & 4th this year, next year's 1st

3.............1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks

4.............1st, 2nd round and 5th round pick

5.............1st, 3rd and 4th round pick

6.............1st, 3rd and 7th round pick

7.............1st, 4th, 5th and 7th round pick

8.............1st, 5th and 7th round pick

9................nothing

They discount next year's pick by 50%. Moving from #9 to #4 is 450 points. The #9 pick (assuming we will be drafting in the same spot next year) and the 9th pick in the 4th round totals 1454 points, so with the 50% discount that comes to 727 points. We got screwed.

1........... entire draft 2014 and 2015 plus a 2nd in 2016?

2... ..........1st, 2nd, & 4th this year, next year's 1st

3.............1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks

4.............1st, 2nd round and 5th round pick

5.............1st, 3rd and 4th round pick

6.............1st, 3rd and 7th round pick

7.............1st, 4th, 5th and 7th round pick

8.............1st, 5th and 7th round pick

9................nothing

They discount next year's pick by 50%. Moving from #9 to #4 is 450 points. The #9 pick (assuming we will be drafting in the same spot next year) and the 9th pick in the 4th round totals 1454 points, so with the 50% discount that comes to 727 points. We got screwed.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan