Jimbo ready to bid on the Bills

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be happy with any new owner that will keep the Bills in Buffalo, but I like the idea of the Jacobs family purchasing the Bills. Owners of a local big private company, experience owning a major sport team (Bruins), and a family that may want to keep the team in the family for an extended period of time.

Thanks. I like this:

Dan Kelly, vice president of Jim Kelly Inc., told The Associated Press last week that his brother will pursue the Bills.

"Jim will be an active participant in it moving forward," Kelly said, noting that his brother will pursue the Bills despite undergoing treatments for a recurrence of sinus cancer.

Wawrow's piece does not indicate Trump and Kelly will combine on a bid. It begins with a listing of the major players made public to this point:

"BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly is prepared to make a bid to buy the Buffalo Bills. Donald Trump's on board, too.

Don't discount the family of Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs. And include New Jersey rocker Jon Bon Jovi's name for added spice."

For the record, JK will have no actual buying power in pursuit of the Bills. He doesn't have enough money to own 1%. However, he'd be a great karma face for a guy like Donald Trump who will need some.

I'm pretty sure Jimbo has AT LEAST $10m to invest.

GO BILLS!!!

For the record, JK will have no actual buying power in pursuit of the Bills. He doesn't have enough money to own 1%. However, he'd be a great karma face for a guy like Donald Trump who will need some.

I'm pretty sure Jimbo has AT LEAST $10m to invest.

GO BILLS!!!

I wonder, while a lot of people are putting in bids, Mary Wilson can choose who to sell to. Money may not be the only story.

I wonder, while a lot of people are putting in bids, Mary Wilson can choose who to sell to. Money may not be the only story.

Been asking the same thing for weeks now. If the trust allows Mary Wilson the discretion, I gotta believe it doesn't just go to the highest bidder and a party that intends to keep it in Buffalo would have the inside track. I also have a strong feeling the league has already vetted a serious contender.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I would be happy with any new owner that will keep the Bills in Buffalo, but I like the idea of the Jacobs family purchasing the Bills. Owners of a local big private company, experience owning a major sport team (Bruins), and a family that may want to keep the team in the family for an extended period of time.

I think that I am with you. If I had my pick of anyone it would probably be Jacobs. I wouldn't mind Pegula at all and in general am okay with anyone willing to keep th team. Jacobs seems to be the best fit though.