Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it a bit more, I have a feeling there is going to be a twist to Arya's stabbing. Knowing the Waif was coming for her, she was too cavalier gadding about town and throwing money down for her ride home, as if shouting out "here I am!" Next week's title is "No One," so we'll get answers for sure.

I agree.

The week prior we see her getting Needle back and then appears to hide in a dark room or cave. Now's she's out and about in town, in full view? It just seemed a bit off, surely she would know she can't trust anyone but then lets an old lady walk up to her. She's knows what the MFG is capable of. Something doesn't add up.

I agree.

The week prior we see her getting Needle back and then appears to hide in a dark room or cave. Now's she's out and about in town, in full view? It just seemed a bit off, surely she would know she can't trust anyone but then lets an old lady walk up to her. She's knows what the MFG is capable of. Something doesn't add up.

The actress she saved may have helped her with some stage makeup?

The actress she saved may have helped her with some stage makeup?

Could be that.

To me it kind of seemed like a dream sequence.

EDIT: That could make sense, now that I think about it. The actress showed her how to use fake blood and she set this all up from the beginning. Although I think it might not be here because she doesn't have Needle with her.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I agree.

Please refresh my memory. Did she hide in the corner during the actual episode or was that a flash forward preview to an upcoming episode?

Yeah, there's definitely some trickery around the Arya sequence. She absolutely knows there's a death warrant out on her for not killing the actress; there's no way she gallivants around town in full view, particularly without Needle.

The more I think about it, the more I agree some trickery is at work. While I agree the actress Lady Crane would help her, I don't really buy it. How would Arya know she wasn't going to get her throat slashed, get poisoned, or whatever? And there's no way the waif wouldn't realize her blade wasn't actually sinking into her flesh.

I think it is more likely someone else was wearing Arya's face. Has Arya stolen a few faces on her way out?

The more I think about it, the more I agree some trickery is at work. While I agree the actress Lady Crane would help her, I don't really buy it. How would Arya know she wasn't going to get her throat slashed, get poisoned, or whatever? And there's no way the waif wouldn't realize her blade wasn't actually sinking into her flesh.

I think it is more likely someone else was wearing Arya's face. Has Arya stolen a few faces on her way out?

Wouldn't she need to be dead for that?

I hadn't considered the last bit.

I took her walk through the street as a "show", but this theory could be a lot more fun.

The only thing that gives me pause is Bran saw the image of her bloody hand in his flashes, which makes me lean towards her having been truly injured (otherwise, why would Bran need to see that part?).

Yeah, there's definitely some trickery around the Arya sequence. She absolutely knows there's a death warrant out on her for not killing the actress; there's no way she gallivants around town in full view, particularly without Needle.

Which makes you stop and think.....

what it

Arya and the other blonde girl are really one and the same....Arya has now developed a split personality......and she was actually never really stabbed?

I know....that is really out there

In the ending scene from the last episode, she's cowering in a corner with the needle, knowing they are coming for her. And in this episode she's strutting through the street with a lot of money without the needle? Yes there is some trickery, to what extent is the only question....

The Faceless Twit stabbed Jaqen H'ghar masquerading as Arya. It's in the musical cues.

Why Jaqen was masquerading as Arya, I have no idea.

I would assume because she saved his life.

The Faceless Twit stabbed Jaqen H'ghar masquerading as Arya. It's in the musical cues.

Why Jaqen was masquerading as Arya, I have no idea.

Nice. I also read somewhere that Lady Stoneheart may be leading the Brotherhood, which would explain why they returned to execute everyone after seeing the Hound at their compound.

I would assume because she saved his life.

Forgot about that. "Three lives for a life," wasn't it? And she only got two?

Holy crap, I think you're on to something. Not just that, but she named him as the third name on her wish list, and used that as leverage to have him help her escape Harrenhall.

She saved 3 lives and so could name 3 to give to the many-faced god. In the book there was a large fire whre she helped them escape the wagon; I don't remember the show as well. The other two were Biter and Vargo Hoat.

Edited by Matt in KC

Holy crap, I think you're on to something. Not just that, but she named him as the third name on her wish list, and used that as leverage to have him help her escape Harrenhall.

She saved 3 lives and so could name 3 to give to the many-faced god. In the book there was a large fire whre she helped them escape the wagon; I don't remember the show as well. The other two were Biter and Vargo Hoat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SWoW6-4RaYo