Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

While not his first words, I expect us to hear about, if not see, the meeting he had on the other side with Ned. Ned's last words to Snow were about how he promised to tell Snow about his mother when they next met. Of course, Ned died before they could meet again but I'm guessing (along with a lot of other people I'm sure) that meeting happened while Snow was on the other side and he'll return with an understanding that he's not a Stark at all.

You really aren't very good at that whole story telling thing are you?

Or that he is a Stark and a Targaryen!

Yeah, that

What do you think John's first words will be? "I have the worst headache!" or "I had the weirdest dream," or "Olly, I need a word with you."

giphy.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

giphy.gif

Classic!

I wonder what John will feel like doing now that he has fulfilled his vow to the Night's Watch. My guess would be to head to Winterfell and kick some ass!

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night's_Watch#Vows

You really aren't very good at that whole story telling thing are you?

Yeah, that

giphy.gif

Keeping in mind that they already bashed a hole in the door...I really hope I see this as an outtake.

Or, if she sees it worked, she might think she can finally rest after finding the light's champion.

Solid. Soon as he opened his eyes it occurred to me the show would take a hit if she lingers around and puts doubts in the viewers minds on who is dead or just dead for now.

Happy Name-day!

I am among those that think John's spirit was in Ghost while his body was unavailable. The books really point this way pretty strongly with other earlier references.

I think Bran will at least visit his siblings or their wolves soon. Bran, Arya, and John all have strong warg/skinchanger indications in the books.

I want both the books and TV to come back to Arya's estranged wolf, Nymeria, who I think is now queen of the wolves south of the wall, and leader of a formidable pack by now.

I think he's the product of Rhaeger's rape of Lyanna Stark and Ned's honor and love for his sister made him raise him as his own bastard.

I think he's the product of Rhaeger's rape of Lyanna Stark and Ned's honor and love for his sister made him raise him as his own bastard.

Yeah so I kind of agree.

Except that it wasn't rape. I think they ran off together.

And we know what Robert and the Lannisters did to all the Targarian children. Ned's honor and love for his sister is one thing. But he was saving his nephew from a merciless death.

Yeah so I kind of agree.

And we know what Robert and the Lannisters did to all the Targarian children. Ned's honor and love for his sister is one thing. But he was saving his nephew from a merciless death.

Good point about what happens to dragon born kids at the hands of Robert and the Lannisters.

I assumed it was a rape because I thought Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna and hid her in Dorne.

No matter. John Snow definitely has dragon blood in him. Of that I'm convinced.

Good point about what happens to dragon born kids at the hands of Robert and the Lannisters.

I assumed it was a rape because I thought Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna and hid her in Dorne.

No matter. John Snow definitely has dragon blood in him. Of that I'm convinced.

GRRM has already shot that theory down.

Yeah so I kind of agree.

Yes, they were clearly in love from all that we've heard in the books.

GRRM has already shot that theory down.

That Snow is a Targarian? I missed that, can you point me to an interview or link? I thought the only one he shot down was about cold hands being Benjin.

Happy Name-day!

I am among those that think John's spirit was in Ghost while his body was unavailable. The books really point this way pretty strongly with other earlier references.

I think Bran will at least visit his siblings or their wolves soon. Bran, Arya, and John all have strong warg/skinchanger indications in the books.

I want both the books and TV to come back to Arya's estranged wolf, Nymeria, who I think is now queen of the wolves south of the wall, and leader of a formidable pack by now.

i always hoped that arya's wolf would come back to the story somehow.

From the preview, it looks like bran will see the fight at the tower of joy and I assume find out Jon's lineage. How he then informs, who knows?

i always hoped that arya's wolf would come back to the story somehow.

From the preview, it looks like bran will see the fight at the tower of joy and I assume find out Jon's lineage. How he then informs, who knows?

What else could Lyanna have meant by, "Promise me, Ned", as she lay dying in the Tower of Joy, if it wasn't for Ned to protect Jon from Robert's wrath?

What else could Lyanna have meant by, "Promise me, Ned", as she lay dying in the Tower of Joy, if it wasn't for Ned to protect Jon from Robert's wrath?

I agree. Just saying I think they finally acknowledge it in this week's episode. After resurrecting Jon, it's time to make it official.

That and it was so out of character for Ned to ever have his own bastard.

One idea that's out there is that Lyanna not only wanted Ned to protect Jon, but also to press Jon's claim to the Iron Throne as Rhaegar's heir. As such, Ned actually broke part of his promise to her.

One idea that's out there is that Lyanna not only wanted Ned to protect Jon, but also to press Jon's claim to the Iron Throne as Rhaegar's heir. As such, Ned actually broke part of his promise to her.

With Myrcella out of the picture, there is no Baratheon heir to the iron throne...so, game on!