Favorite draft pick by the Bills this millenium?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? No love for CJ Spiller? Lotta haters here, but the guy's the most dynamic playmaker we've had on offense the past 10 years.

The OP's question was at the time of the pick...speaking for myself, with Freddie and Lynch on the roster, and just a few years removed from drafting McGahee in the 1st while Travis Henry was playing well, the CJ pick just left me scratching my head. If memory serves, Bulaga was being widely discussed as the probable pick. Glad we went with CJ in retrospect.

I'd say McGahee. The dude was a stud at Miami, and a steal at # 23 in the draft. Even though he missed a year. He turned out to be a long-time productive player.

I was most excited about EJ last year. Trading down and getting an extra 2nd plus still drafting who they saw as the best QB was amazing. I can't remember ever being so excited about a pick.

That was great draft maneuvering. Also got us Woods and Alonso!

yeah, to the OP's actual question, of my excitement "at the time of the draft" I'd have to say EJ.

And based on my Sig from before last year's draft, when we got Robert Woods in the 2nd I thought I was dreaming.

But as it has played out, I can easily say Kiko is my favorite pick in the last 13 years. Easily.

Edited by maddenboy

Right at the time he was drafted...................Mike Williams. 20 minutes later we trade for Drew Bledsoe. I was at a draft party in the Jim Kelly suites part of the Ralph. The feeling there from everyone was SB here we come. How'd that all work out.....................

Marcell Dareus.

After years of ignoring the trenches with picks like Spiller, McGahee, Whitner, and McKelvin.....It was the right pick and we finally didnt get cute.

Given who was still on the board at the time, this ranks as one of the Bills' worst draft picks of the past 13 years.