Favorite draft pick by the Bills this millenium?

in 2009 the bills had 2 #1 picks, and 2 #2 picks, and with the second pick in each round they drafted Eric Wood & Andy Levitre.

I almost couldn't believe that Dick Jauron would draft an O linemen over a DB or defensive player. Oh wait, I forgot that Aaron Maybin was the first, first round pick that year. That Jairus Byrd was the second, second round pick. Hard to believe that both Levitre, Byrd are already playing for other teams.

Anyway, my favorite pick is Eric Wood. A guy who the Bills ran behind 71% of the time last year, unsung hero IMO.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything about the 2004, 05, and 06 draft....is it any wonder we've been so bad:

post-24021-13972793343623_thumb.jpg

No doubt!!!

This is how I feel every time the Bills draft an OSU player. I think it is because we see every snap these players take in college for 3-4 years, plus all of their pressers, issues on and off the field..., Too much analysis!

I strongly dislike everytime we draft a player from Ohio State, Florida State and Texas. Although, I didn't mind the EJ pick. But, FSU is a bad sign.

in 2009 the bills had 2 #1 picks, and 2 #2 picks, and with the second pick in each round they drafted Eric Wood & Andy Levitre.

I almost couldn't believe that Dick Jauron would draft an O linemen over a DB or defensive player. Oh wait, I forgot that Aaron Maybin was the first, first round pick that year. That Jairus Byrd was the second, second round pick. Hard to believe that both Levitre, Byrd are already playing for other teams.

Anyway, my favorite pick is Eric Wood. A guy who the Bills ran behind 71% of the time last year, unsung hero IMO.

If we had taken Orakpo that year, as many here advocated at the time, that would have been an all-time great draft. As I recall, Wood was taken with the pick we got from the Eagles for Peter. Not a bad deal.

I did not say Dareus is a terrible player; he's pretty good and he is not a bust. But he has underachieved in his first 3 years. He is hardly a beast and is not someone that other teams need to account for on every play. At least five d-linemen chosen after him in the first round have outplayed him every year

I counted 2 (watt and quinn) and I went past the first round and those two are DEs. A position that always has better stats than a DT

I counted 2 (watt and quinn) and I went past the first round and those two are DEs. A position that always has better stats than a DT

Kerrigan, Aldon Smith and Muhammad Wilkerson (possibly the best of the bunch, other than Watt).

It just tells me Mario will be gone three years from now. He'll be older, and we'll have to pay Glenn and Gillmore. My point there is we need to look for other pass rushers in the next two drafts.

Agreed that pass rushers are always a need but I do wonder what Gilmore has done that is good enough for you to want to pay him huge dollars.

Agreed that pass rushers are always a need but I do wonder what Gilmore has done that is good enough for you to want to pay him huge dollars.

He played very well at the end of the season. It surprises me that some don't seem to be factoring in his wrist injury when assessing his play early in the season. It visibly affected his ability to jam. Once he got the cast off, his play improved dramatically. He's a really good player.

He played very well at the end of the season. It surprises me that some don't seem to be factoring in his wrist injury when assessing his play early in the season. It visibly affected his ability to jam. Once he got the cast off, his play improved dramatically. He's a really good player.

The injury really derailed his momentum. He was having a GREAT camp; nobody was getting open against him and you could see his confidence growing. It bodes well that, like in his first year, his play greatly improved over the last quarter of the season.

GO BILLS!!!

He needs to show me a consistent body of work before I would label him "really good." And I think that I am being quite reasonable.

I'm just saying that you need to factor in the injury when making your assessment. Ignoring it leads to an inaccurate assessment, in my opinion.

I echo what was said before about the way that the Bills played their hand in the draft last year. It was a first class piece of strategy and has landed us one guy who had a brilliant rookie year, one who had a decent one and a rookie QB whose rookie season was mixed and the jury is still out.

I agree with the majority that if you are tying it to just one pick though it would be Cordy Glenn. He was, to me, the BPA from pick 1 of the second round at the latest I couldn't believe 8 teams passed on him in Round 2.

Who was your favorite draft pick by the Bills since 2000 - at the time of the draft, not based on what happened afterward? The commish said, "With the x overall pick, the Buffalo Bills select -- and you literally celebrated? Either because that was a guy you wanted them to take all along, or maybe they traded back and took someone else but you thought it was a great choice at that new spot...or even they took someone you thought was a surprise ....but it was a great surprise?

Mine was Robert Woods, I watched him play in college and was really impressed. I jumped off the couch when they got him in the 2nd round. Interesting stat on Woods - as a true 18 year old freshman, he had 12 catches for 224 yards against Richard Sherman when he was a senior.

not a damn one of em.......what is wrong with me [laffin].

the closest I came to celebrating was the year we picked CJ Spiller.....only because I agreed he was the best player available.

for every single other year I would have picked someone different and was a little disappointed.

Toss up between Dareus, Mcghaee and J.P. Losman

I'd go with Mcghaee....I remember being shocked when they drafted him but knew that we were getting a stud. Dareus was like, I knew we were getting him at #3...who didn't. Losman because I didn't know much about him but anytime you draft a QB 1st round you get excited

Seriously. He struggled his first year & yet he still has 18.5 sacks in just 3 seasons. That is pretty crazy production for a 330lb NT/DT. He is just coming into his prime & will be a treat to watch next season.

I would've loved Can Newton but he went 2. DT's like Dareus are seriously difficult to find.

How wasn't the d-line dominant last season? They had 58 sacks. The reason the run defense was so bad was our horrendous LB corp. Kiko can't do everything. Spikes is a huge upgrade and Rivers should help as well.