Bills acquire WR mike Williams

And Lynch was run out of town for his off field actions, one strike from being suspended, good riddance. All he's done is play hard every year since leaving Buffalo and help another team win the Super Bowl.

I'm not say.... I'm just sayin.

Let's hope.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like he has had troubles all the way through college till now, hopefully he can get it together.

However I don't see why we traded for a troubled WR who is average size when we have a bunch of guys like that.

Are we talking about the same person? We traded a 6th round pick for Mike Williams- he is 6'2" / 212lb with a 34" vertical. He is definitely not "average size"

Go watch is 2012 highlight reel where he wins numerous jump balls to pull in TDs... He has 25 TD so far in just 4 seasons and he missed almost all of one of those seasons.

He is a proven starting WR in the prime of his career @ only 26 years old. He is only costing us 1.8 million this season. All of that for a 6th round pick is highway robbery by Whaley.

It also forces TB hand in the 1st: they will prob draft Evans therefore dropping someone good to us.

That guy was being diplomatic. No one is going to say someone is a lost cause. But the litany of transgressions by MW would make Marshawn Lynch blush. The biggest thing is his party lifestyle. MW sounds out of control.

Yes, he might wake up and realize his career is on the line. But if 16 tickets, $50K in damage to the house he rented, kicking down the door of a woman he was seeing, or having his neighbors trying to throw him out of his house because of all the late night house parties he held in season doesn't flip the switch, what will?

PTR

Doubt well miss the sixth round pick. The Bills gave up nothing of consequence. If it doesnt work out so what. Low risk, high reward move.

Did I miss something? Has Mike Williams been suspended while in the NFL, or even warranted a "sit down" with Sir Roger?

You would think he was the prime suspect in a murder investigation with the way some posters are making him out to be.

From what I've read, his neighbors really disliked him. He's a 20 something NFL star; of course he is going to throw some wild parties.

Yea, the dude likes to party but who didn't when they were in college/early 20's.

The stabbing incident was supposedly "horse play" between brothers. Mike wasn't the one who stabbed somebody.. He got stabbed by his brother.

Our head coach is also very familiar with him on a personal level: he coached him @ Syracuse so I'm sure Marrone knows exactly what type of person he is. No way they make this deal without Marrone giving him the thumbs up.

If all the Debbie downers are right, the Absolute worst case scenario is they cut him. He only costs 1.8 million & 6th round picks usually end up cut anyways.

This was a very shrewd move by Whaley & shows me that the Bills' finally have a new sheriff in town in the FO. I have a feeling this move is this seasons Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard

Edited by smapdi

Does this mean that they ill get rid of TJ Graham ? I'm thinking so , if not they need to because the WR position will be quite crowded & the player with the least performance history should be dealt ...

Unless because of his speed they try to change his position like they did with George Wilson & Jason Peters .

They could try him at DB with his speed ?? Or put him in the slot & return SJ to the outside where he had more production !!

TJ Graham will not be a Bill next season. Book it.

I so hope you are correct. It would be so nice to NOT have the alligator arm having, head turning, pad catching (when it's caught) TJ playing anywhere but buffalo... Maybe we can get lucking and he can bat down passes from someone in our division!

Idk how people think TJ Graham will still be on this team next season. Didn't someone post a couple weeks ago that the WR we picked up who used to play for the Giants is a HOFer in the making? TJ gets the boot after reading that. It's on the internet so you know it has to be true.

I know my sarcasm still makes it unclear if I like TJ or not. The simple answer is I actually hate Graham and I used sarcasm ONLY cuz I saw an opportunity to do so.

Still doesn't make sense? Then that means I'm tired and should just go to bed.

EJ Manuel must be grinning ear to ear over this....

but seriously....what it does is put weapons around EJ and give him every chance to succeed. I look for them to put a serious emphasis on protection for EJ in the draft.

Our defense is pretty much set....I think this will be a strong offensive draft.

I'm not quite as sold as our defense being set but I see your point. I think at least three of our first five picks ought to be another big, physical receiving threat for EJ (I hear the draft is really deep for that) and two more people to bolster the line. With two more to fill in the shuffle at FS and DE/SLB I think this team would look more complete than we have seen in years.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

Did I miss something? Has Mike Williams been suspended while in the NFL, or even warranted a "sit down" with Sir Roger?

In case this link has not yet been provided in this extensive thread:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/4/4/5582546/trading-mike-williams-creates-more-questions-than-answers-for-the

I, for one, am very excited about the potential of this addition. I am reasonably certain now that the Bills will not draft WR Mike Evans now but will, instead go Mosely/Barr, Lewan (Matthews), or Ebron. All quality players at position of need. My guess is Ebron.

You would think he was the prime suspect in a murder investigation with the way some posters are making him out to be.

From what I've read, his neighbors really disliked him. He's a 20 something NFL star; of course he is going to throw some wild parties.

Yea, the dude likes to party but who didn't when they were in college/early 20's.

The stabbing incident was supposedly "horse play" between brothers. Mike wasn't the one who stabbed somebody.. He got stabbed by his brother.

Our head coach is also very familiar with him on a personal level: he coached him @ Syracuse so I'm sure Marrone knows exactly what type of person he is. No way they make this deal without Marrone giving him the thumbs up.

If all the Debbie downers are right, the Absolute worst case scenario is they cut him. He only costs 1.8 million & 6th round picks usually end up cut anyways.

This was a very shrewd move by Whaley & shows me that the Bills' finally have a new sheriff in town in the FO. I have a feeling this move is this seasons Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard

Yes, it's a low risk high reward move. He's easily better than any WR the Bills could get in the 6th round and if he causes any problems, they can cut him without repercussions.

The only thing that I've read about him is he kicked down his girlfriend's door. With that and his brother, it's probably a good thing he's out of Tampa.

http://www.bucsnatio...answers-for-the

I, for one, am very excited about the potential of this addition. I am reasonably certain now that the Bills will not draft WR Mike Evans now but will, instead go Mosely/Barr, Lewan (Matthews), or Ebron. All quality players at position of need. My guess is Ebron.

I'd still go Evans and look to trade down if he's not there. I don't want a RT taken at 9 and Ebron isn't good enough to reach for him that high, if at all considering his bad hands and lack of blocking ability.

And I'd say that the Bucs trading MW was the best for everyone involved, assuming he produces for the Bills and stays out of trouble, not unlike the Bills trading Lynch.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/4/4/5582546/trading-mike-williams-creates-more-questions-than-answers-for-the

I'm starting to think that the pick is going to be a satey or corner.

I have a friend who is a big Vikes fan and a few weeks ago I was joking that 3 QBs would be off the board when the Vikes pick at 8- and Minnesota will panic and draft David Carr. We laughed our asses off. And then he said- I really can see the Vikes doing that. :lol: And when I mentioned that how we traded for Mike Williams and were being aggressive this offseason- he mentioned how you never hear anything about Minnesota this offseason. I dig Whalleys aggressiveness

I did a Mock last night and had Bridgewater going to the Vikings...I think they're the landing spot for that 3rd QB in the top 8, whoever slides down...So maybe that will make your friend feel a little better? :lol:

I had the Bills taking Matthews in my Mock...Here's how I mocked the top 9 picks...

Houston - Blake Bortles - QB

St Louis - Greg Robinson - OT

Jacksonville - Johnny Football - QB

Cleveland - Jadeveon Clowney - DE

Oakland - Sammy Watkins - WR

Atlanta - Khalil Mack - OLB

Tampa Bay - Mike Evans - WR

Minnesota - Teddy Bridgewater - QB

Buffalo - Jake Matthews - OT

I think if Matthews falls to the Bills they won't hesitate to take him...If Matthews, Evans, Robinson, and Watkins are all gone I think the Bills will look to trade out, and if they can't decide between Lewan and Ebron...We'll see though...Lots of shifting parts and we still have a month...Damn you Roger!!! Damn you!!! ;)

The consensus on this board is that the Mike Williams signing was a good one. Low risk, what do we have to lose, etc. I disagree. I also don't like some of the other signings and departures this off season.

Marv Levy disappointed us when he came back as GM, in part because he seemed to have forgotten the principles that helped build the championship years. Some of the key ones: Build through the draft, keep your own players and, especially, draft for character. The Superbowl Bills weren't just talented; they were tough. That famous resilience wasn't an accident: it was the result of the team's drafting and coaching philosophy. Talent is everywhere in the NFL. What's rare is team chemistry, the kind that brings out the best in the more marginal players (like Ray Benchley and Don Beebe), keeps the marquee players from becoming prima donnas and helps the team find the grit needed to win tough games and come back from tough losses.

No risk? Nothing to lose? You build your team with slackers, losers, criminals and there's no risk? No problem with the headlines about the latest charges, denials, accusations? No risk of locker room strife, sniping, feuds? No chance that the hardest-working Bills won't resent the work habits of perpetual underachievers like Keith Rivers and Chris Williams?

Yes, you can point to examples of shady characters who make good, and slackers making good with a change of scene. But the exceptions prove the rule that character DOES matter over time. These signings are cheap, and I don't mean money wise. They're the moves of a loser franchise trying to do it the easy way.

There's two things we've had plenty of the last decade plus. Great team chemistry and losing.

I did a Mock last night and had Bridgewater going to the Vikings...I think they're the landing spot for that 3rd QB in the top 8, whoever slides down...So maybe that will make your friend feel a little better? :lol:

I had the Bills taking Matthews in my Mock...Here's how I mocked the top 9 picks...

Houston - Blake Bortles - QB

St Louis - Greg Robinson - OT

Jacksonville - Johnny Football - QB

Cleveland - Jadeveon Clowney - DE

Oakland - Sammy Watkins - WR

Atlanta - Khalil Mack - OLB

Tampa Bay - Mike Evans - WR

Minnesota - Teddy Bridgewater - QB

Buffalo - Jake Matthews - OT

I think if Matthews falls to the Bills they won't hesitate to take him...If Matthews, Evans, Robinson, and Watkins are all gone I think the Bills will look to trade out, and if they can't decide between Lewan and Ebron...We'll see though...Lots of shifting parts and we still have a month...Damn you Roger!!! Damn you!!! ;)

Sam Farmer, the NFL writer for the LA Times, in his draft picks today, had the Bills taking Matthews. We can only hope he lasts that long.