Bills acquire WR mike Williams

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 13s

Mike Williams' contract: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mike-williams/ … $1.8 million cap hit in 2014

yea - he booted him and hes only gotten worse it seems... an odd move. we seem DETERMINED to get a troubled WR on this roster.

This made me literally laugh out loud. You are so right.

Okay when are they going to just rename this team "The Williams"

John Kryk@JohnKryk 4m

For those keeping track at home, Bills' Williamses now include Mario, Kyle, Aaron, Chris, Nathan, Duke and Mike.

He had signed a 6 year deal in 2013 with Tampa, so is under contract through 2018. It seems the guaranteed money is done after this next contract year, so he can be gone easily after this season if it doesn't work out.

According to Rotoworld:

7/24/2013: Signed a six-year, $40.25 million contract. The deal contains $9.4 million guaranteed -- a first-year roster bonus of $1 million and each of Williams' first two base salaries. Williams is eligible for annual $600,000 workout bonuses in years two through six.

2014: $1.2 million (+ $1 million roster bonus),

2015: $5.2 million (+ $1 million roster bonus),

2016: $5.6 million (+ $1 million roster bonus),

2017: $5.9 million (+ $1 million roster bonus),

2018: $4.15 million (+ $1 million roster bonus),

2019: Free Agent

For a 6th round pick, that seems like a steal...I realize he must have some off-field issues given the recent events with his brother, but a proven WR talent in the NFL that is still young for a 6th round pick, seems like a good value for the BILLS and seems to indicate the Bucs planned on cutting him at some point if they couldn't get "something" for him....way to go Whaley

For a 6th round pick, that seems like a steal...I realize he must have some off-field issues given the recent events with his brother, but a proven WR talent in the NFL that is still young for a 6th round pick, seems like a good value for the BILLS and seems to indicate the Bucs planned on cutting him at some point if they couldn't get "something" for him....way to go Whaley

How would we all feel if it was New England that got Williams for a 6th? I thought so.

He had signed a 6 year deal in 2013 with Tampa, so is under contract through 2018. It seems the guaranteed money is done after this next contract year, so he can be gone easily after this season if it doesn't work out.

According to Rotoworld:

7/24/2013: Signed a six-year, $40.25 million contract. The deal contains $9.4 million guaranteed -- a first-year roster bonus of $1 million and each of Williams' first two base salaries. Williams is eligible for annual $600,000 workout bonuses in years two through six.

2014: $1.2 million (+ $1 million roster bonus),

2015: $5.2 million (+ $1 million roster bonus),

2016: $5.6 million (+ $1 million roster bonus),

2017: $5.9 million (+ $1 million roster bonus),

2018: $4.15 million (+ $1 million roster bonus),

2019: Free Agent

with bonuses and such, its 5 years 32m we are assuming (each of those +1m should be +1.6m i believe, and spotrac has a 4m bonus in the final year too

Edited by NoSaint

Very conflicted by this. Mike Williams has been trouble since high school. But he is a legit NFL wr. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24076/ It's a very cheap price. My hope is he grows up in his hometown, moves to the burbs, and cuts his friends off. He needs to be told if he does anything dumb, his NFL career is done. I'm not holding my breath but it's a very reasonable gamble.

At the same time, I think this means no Mike Evans. I've wanted him since his freshman year. But he may not even be there at #9. Hopefully, we are looking to trade down, pick up extra picks, & fill more needs in a deep draft.

Looking at his stats and highlights, he's damned solid/good so far in the NFL, other than 2013. He has experience with Marrone (even if they parted ways), I'm sure Marrone signed off on this deal, so that gives me a little confidence as well.

Basically a 6th rounder for a guy who's had two seasons at almost 1000 yards receiving? Not bad at all.

Very conflicted by this. Mike Williams has been trouble since high school. But he is a legit NFL wr. http://sports.yahoo..../players/24076/ It's a very cheap price. My hope is he grows up in his hometown, moves to the burbs, and cuts his friends off. He needs to be told if he does anything dumb, his NFL career is done. I'm not holding my breath but it's a very reasonable gamble.

At the same time, I think this means no Mike Evans. I've wanted him since his freshman year. But he may not even be there at #9. Hopefully, we are looking to trade down, pick up extra picks, & fill more needs in a deep draft.

With Marrone and Rob Moore as his coaches, I have to think they know him extremely well and these parameters are in place. He used up his chances in TB but this is his second chance at a career that he has the talent to prove.

Ebron or an OT at pick #9!

Or the highest rated player with the last name of 'Williams" as we're clearly trying to field 22 players with that name in order to stir confusion with the opposition!

How would we all feel if it was New England that got Williams for a 6th? I thought so.

I'm not sure if you were implying that I was "unhappy" about the trade? If so, please re-read my post as I feel like it was a great move by Whaley and truly smart thing to do...plus, I presumed based on compensation the Bucs received, they were determined to part ways with him and got "something" in return for him as opposed to just cutting him....so I'm saying great job by the BILLS, if for some reason that got lost in my statements...