Joe B's latest mock, what it implies about draft

TPS

Here's his latest mock, which has bills going Evans and OT in R2. http://www.wgr550.com/pages/18723933.php?contentType=4&contentId=14987341

What I find interesting is how many trades he projects in the top 11, which is certainly a strong possibility. In recent years, the top of the draft board was fairly easy to predict. This year is going to be wild and unpredictable!

Here's his latest mock, which has bills going Evans and OT in R2. http://www.wgr550.co...tentId=14987341

What I find interesting is how many trades he projects in the top 11, which is certainly a strong possibility. In recent years, the top of the draft board was fairly easy to predict. This year is going to be wild and unpredictable!

I looked back yesterday at a mock draft from one of the bigger sites, can't remember which, that was done a day before the draft last year. It had the Bills taking Nassib at 8 with commentary that if they didn't take him they would definitely take Barkley, (rather than Geno or EJ because neither of them fit Marrone's offense), we know both of those QBs ended up going in the 4th round. Geno was predicted at 6 overall (went 2nd round). There were some others that were off but the QBs were the most noticeable. I do think the draft will be unpredictable with QBs because once one drops, it could keep dropping as teams are drafting who don't need one and the QBs need to wait for teams to go who do.

Here's his latest mock, which has bills going Evans and OT in R2. http://www.wgr550.com/pages/18723933.php?contentType=4&contentId=14987341

I just don't see Clowney dropping to 5. I can't see Watkins going ahead of him.

I can't see any scenario where Clowney, Robinson and Watkins are not 3 of the 1st 5 players picked. The QBs are wild cards and I would guess that 2 (Bortles & Manziel) are off the board before the Bills pick. Matthews and Mack will most likely be gone. That's 7 players that I don't think that the Bills have a shot at picking 9th. The 8th player will be interesting. Will it be Bridgewater, Donald, Clinton-Dix (Minny), Gilbert, Evans, Barr (forgot him initially) or Lewan? My guess is that the 8th player comes from that group.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I can't see any scenario where Clowney, Robinson and Watkins are not 3 of the 1st 5 players picked. The QBs are wild cards and I would guess that 2 (Bortles & Manziel) are off the board before the Bills pick. Matthews and Mack will most likely be gone. That's 7 players that I don't think that the Bills have a shot at picking 9th. The 8th player will be interesting. Will it be Bridgewater, Donald, Clinton-Dix (Minny), Gilbert, Evans, or Lewan? My guess is that the 8th player comes from that group.

^ This

You have an excellent bead on the top of this draft IMO Kirby.

I only differ slightly, in that I believe there's a top 6 that I think will go, and you've got in nailed: Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Manziel, Watkins, & Matthews. Tampa Bay is the wildcard, as the possibilities for that pick include any of Barr, Bortles, Evans, Donald, or Lewan. I think Minnesota probably comes down to QB or DB, and usually new coach = new QB.

In any event, the draft really starts at TB IMO

^ This

You have an excellent bead on the top of this draft IMO Kirby.

I only differ slightly, in that I believe there's a top 6 that I think will go, and you've got in nailed: Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Manziel, Watkins, & Matthews. Tampa Bay is the wildcard, as the possibilities for that pick include any of Barr, Bortles, Evans, Donald, or Lewan. I think Minnesota probably comes down to QB or DB, and usually new coach = new QB.

In any event, the draft really starts at TB IMO

I forgot Barr on my list. He was the other guy. It will be interesting for sure.

IMO, the Bills should take Evans #1 if he is available, a no brainer.

Just say no to any OT at #9, regardless of who he is. I think if we draft an OT we almost automatically lose Cordy Glenn in two years, who I predict will be one of the very best LT's in the game. He's already very good. We will likely resign him if we draft an OT in round 2 or 3. If we have one of the top three OTs at RT, he will sign a four year deal for 13+ mil or so, and be totally disgruntled if Glenn would sign a big deal in a year or two, knowing he won't play LT and won't get a massive offer from Bills. By year three he will want to be out the door.

OR, the more likely scenario is the Bills will say we can lose Glenn because we have his replacement, and then we will be in the same position as this year.

Get a solid RT and re-sign Glenn, it's a much better option.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

IMO, the Bills should take Evans #1 if he is available, a no brainer.

Just say no to any OT at #9, regardless of who he is. I think if we draft an OT we almost automatically lose Cordy Glenn in two years, who I predict will be one of the very best LT's in the game. He's already very good. We will likely resign him if we draft an OT in round 2 or 3. If we have one of the top three OTs at RT, he will sign a four year deal for 13+ mil or so, and be totally disgruntled if Glenn would sign a big deal in a year or two, knowing he won't play LT and won't get a massive offer from Bills. By year three he will want to be out the door.

OR, the more likely scenario is the Bills will say we can lose Glenn because we have his replacement, and then we will be in the same position as this year.

Get a solid RT and re-sign Glenn, it's a much better option.

Agree 100%. Glenn is a borderline pro bowler. Lock him up become he actually makes it. And in regards to WR vs . OT, who would mean more to a team if they hit their ceiling, Calvin Johnson or Andre Smith (hard to think of a good RT)? I know Evans won't be Johnson but a #1 receiver is so much more important in today's NFL.

Agree 100%. Glenn is a borderline pro bowler. Lock him up become he actually makes it. And in regards to WR vs . OT, who would mean more to a team if they hit their ceiling, Calvin Johnson or Andre Smith (hard to think of a good RT)? I know Evans won't be Johnson but a #1 receiver is so much more important in today's NFL.

I think they'll approach Glenn as soon as they're allowed to, which according to the CBA, is upon completion of his 3rd season as a pro

With just about every single "EXPERT" pegging the Bills to choose Evans... It most likely won't happen... :nana:

They better bring him in for a visit... if they don't, I am worried. The past 4 years their #1 pick took a pre-draft visit (and I guess I don't know how you would not interview him if you are considering him at 9).