DeSean Jackson released

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all just Jackson's agent leaking false info to try and get teams to raise their offers.

That's kind of how I took it. I looked at it as his agent didn't think that the Redskins deal was going to get done so he is trying to get everyone to show their cards. I still think that the Raiders are the ones to cave. Jackson's camp has a number in mind and trying everything that they can to get there.

Its all just Jackson's agent leaking false info to try and get teams to raise their offers.

Yup. Why a team would pay $9-10 million for a dude with his baggage is crazy. Jackson should just go to the Raiders and his "gang" can all wear Raiders Starter Jackets. It's the perfect fit.

Two things they mentioned on Mike & Mike that I found interesting: First was that they thought this was a bad move for both sides, that DJ needs a team with strong leadership and he is going to a team with a rookie HC and a QB whose teammates were talking about him in the lockerroom. Second, Greeny (who as you probably know is a HUGE Jets fan) mentioned that he really hoped he didn't go to the Bills because he would be devastated. Not sure the last time I heard opposing fans fear anyone on the offensive side of the ball on the Bills. Alas, he won't be here, but thought it was interesting.

Edited by YoloinOhio

honestly--the bills should pay him 10 million and just take a deep run in the playoffs.

him, cj, freddy, stevie and our young wideouts,

with that d,

and a solid kicking game,

could be enough for a very deep run in the playoffs.

if it doesnt work out, cut him at the trim down to 53.

if it does work out, resign him at the end of the season to a multi year deal.

no reason to not sign the kid, its the nfl, not boy scouts.

honestly--the bills should pay him 10 million and just take a deep run in the playoffs.

him, cj, freddy, stevie and our young wideouts,

with that d,

and a solid kicking game,

could be enough for a very deep run in the playoffs.

if it doesnt work out, cut him at the trim down to 53.

if it does work out, resign him at the end of the season to a multi year deal.

no reason to not sign the kid, its the nfl, not boy scouts.

I agree with all of that except the money part, not sure the Bills want the bad PR of paying him 10 mill and not Byrd. Of course it would only be 1 year, maybe they have WR as a more worthy position that FS, etc but many would not see past any of that. Maybe not an issue, but it came to my mind when I saw the 10 mill.