Report: Bills express interest in Kenny Britt

Pettine used Buffalo as a stepping stone. Buffalo signs Spikes to a one year deal. If we sign Britt, it'll most likely be a short term deal. Small sample to divulge anything of merit (Spikes and Britt definitely have their reasons for the Bills not committing to a long term agreement with either); however, it can appear that the Bills are turning into the transition/proving one's worth team.

Hey, if you're a player that has some baggage.....Come to Buffalo and revive your career. It's a low key/low pressured environment and you can just play ball. The problem with short term deals, the success can be short lived and the team's continuity is not sustained. Now, I believe the Bills are committing to a core group of players and will better attempt to extend the better talent.

I just hope that certain pieces of the puzzle do not turn into a revolving door. If you sign Britt to a one year deal, you still need a long term solution.....The same with the Middle Linebacker position.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley seems to think that former 1st round draft picks that have not produced at a high quality, but are still in the NFL, are not draft busts. If he signs, it'll be another former 1st round draft pick. The signings of Williams and Rivers had Buffalo tied for the NFL lead in former 1st round draft picks on a team's roster. Thus, Buffalo could be competing as a team with the most 1st round draft picks (we'll see how that goes).

Great News... Britt left Buffalo without a contract. Hopefully that doesn't change. We really dodged a bullet there... (not sarcasm)

(at all)

I think he sucks.

Britt certainly hasn't lived up to his collegiate promise. But given the state of our receiving corps, don't you think he's worth a flyer? Let him compete and see what happens.

Why is it considered a bad thing that the Bills are picking up many former 1st rounders, who up until this point are considered busts? We aren't paying them like superstars, they are depth and possible starters. The 1st round label simply shows that they have talent that has been untapped.

To me it says he has confidence in Marrone and his staff to develop these guys and that's a good thing we haven't seen lately.

No I don't like Britt, guy has issues and needs to get the other side of th country to avoid his NJ friends and whatever past he's made. But I love that Whaley is at least gathering top end talent whether it's been fulfilled or not.

Ya know what? We are still searching for talent. However you want to slice it. Draft/Free Agency. We need more playmakers. I do think Britt has talent. If he had a year to prove what he is worth and we did not break the bank, than why wouldn't you sign him? And just like DaRick Rodgers, if it does not work, than you cut em loose. I'm betting he goes to Carolina, but he would fit well with our receivers pushing him to be better. They are young and on the verge of great things, maybe they are just the group that puts up some big numbers with a guy like Britt that demands double coverage on the other side

I'd rather trade a pick to the Eagles for DeSean Jackson.

understandable. but if you could get this guy on a value/low risk/high reward/show me type of contract, that might work too. add a player with talent from the draft, see what the futures contracts guys have to offer, let them all compete their @$$es of and get the best guys out their on sundays. having said that, who knows if this guy would want to play on a "show me" contract in buffalo or if the bills like what they have seen after kicking the tires.

I'd rather trade a pick to the Eagles for DeSean Jackson.

I love the idea of trading for Jackson

The Bills have the cap space and I can't imagine the asking price is that high. Jackson Johnson Woods Goodwin would be nice. Grab one of those tight ends and with Spiller on the field that is a lot of speed. It probably will never happen but I will be interested to see what the Eagles get for him.