Report: Bills express interest in Kenny Britt

Pettine used Buffalo as a stepping stone. Buffalo signs Spikes to a one year deal. If we sign Britt, it'll most likely be a short term deal. Small sample to divulge anything of merit (Spikes and Britt definitely have their reasons for the Bills not committing to a long term agreement with either); however, it can appear that the Bills are turning into the transition/proving one's worth team.

Hey, if you're a player that has some baggage.....Come to Buffalo and revive your career. It's a low key/low pressured environment and you can just play ball. The problem with short term deals, the success can be short lived and the team's continuity is not sustained. Now, I believe the Bills are committing to a core group of players and will better attempt to extend the better talent.

I just hope that certain pieces of the puzzle do not turn into a revolving door. If you sign Britt to a one year deal, you still need a long term solution.....The same with the Middle Linebacker position.

I hardly think Spikes and the thought of Britt means we're turning into a training ground for troubled players come for one year deals. Pettine used the Bills as a stepping stone just like every other coordinator that gets a head coaching job. C'mon dude, you're stretching things just a bit, don't you think?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the fascination with people wanting to trade for Desean Jackson. In six seasons, he's only been above the 1,000 mark 3 times. He's never had 10 TDs a season (averaging 5.33 with a total of 32). Really only one standout year with above 1,300 yards.

http://www.nfl.com/player/deseanjackson/1581/careerstats

And people want to get pissed at Stevie and trade him away when he has almost identical types of numbers in yardage (minus 2 years that he didn't play at all), and technically has a better average of TDs with 28 in only 3 years starting.

http://www.nfl.com/player/stevejohnson/768/careerstats

And he doesn't make even close to the money that Desean Jackson makes. Stevie with a 6 year $36m contract and Jackson with a 5 year $48m contract.

And let's not forget that Jackson is only 5'10" and 175lbs. Apparently you guys really want Roscoe Parrish back on this team to field a team of Lollipop Guild WRs. Because with Stevie being just above 6 foot and according to most (a guy that doesn't go up and get the ball), that's pretty much what well have.

Edited by mrags

I don't get the fascination with people wanting to trade for Desean Jackson. In six seasons, he's only been above the 1,000 mark 3 times. He's never had 10 TDs a season (averaging 5.33 with a total of 32). Really only one standout year with above 1,300 yards.

http://www.nfl.com/player/deseanjackson/1581/careerstats

And people want to get pissed at Stevie and trade him away when he has almost identical types of numbers in yardage (minus 2 years that he didn't play at all), and technically has a better average of TDs with 28 in only 3 years starting.

http://www.nfl.com/player/stevejohnson/768/careerstats

And he doesn't make even close to the money that Desean Jackson makes. Stevie with a 6 year $36m contract and Jackson with a 5 year $48m contract.

And let's not forget that Jackson is only 5'10" and 175lbs. Apparently you guys really want Roscoe Parrish back on this team to field a team of Lollipop Guild WRs. Because with Stevie being just above 6 foot and according to most (a guy that doesn't go up and get the ball), that's pretty much what well have.

I couldn't agree more. There is no way I want D Jackson here. We need size for jump balls. He's way too expensive and we already have Goodwin for speed. Britt could work if he stays healthy. That's why you start with a short term deal to prove himself.

I couldn't agree more. There is no way I want D Jackson here. We need size for jump balls. He's way too expensive and we already have Goodwin for speed. Britt could work if he stays healthy. That's why you start with a short term deal to prove himself.

correct.

And to add to all this. People want to sit there and complain about Stevie's attitude and all that... Desean Jackson is 10x worse. Wanna talk about stupid plays? How about showboating on your way into the end zone and dripping the ball before you even reach it?

People kill me sometimes.

correct.

And to add to all this. People want to sit there and complain about Stevie's attitude and all that... Desean Jackson is 10x worse. Wanna talk about stupid plays? How about showboating on your way into the end zone and dripping the ball before you even reach it?

Exactly right on both posts.

http://www.nfl.com/p...581/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/p...768/careerstats

Great point! Jackson + Britt= Healthy Stevie!

DeSean Jackson=32 TDs in 6 yrs starting (avg 5.33),

Britt 16 in 4 yrs (avg 4.0),

StevieJ 2010-2012 TDs=28 in 3 years (avg 9.3)

Edited by Astrobot

correct.

You are totally right about D.Jackson... The guy may have a lot of natural ability but is too much of a showboater... Stevie is nowhere near as bad...

I'd like to see the Bills draft a WR/TE and an OT 1-2... If EJ can stay healthy we should know what we have in him by the end of this season...

Nobody is going to trade for DJ. Philly will outright release him if they can't find a trade partner. Now under those circumstances, still not interested?

depends on the amount we've got to pay. Of your talking 2-3 years at 4-5m a year, the sure. If your talking about paying him more than Stevie??? Not a chance in hell

You are totally right about D.Jackson... The guy may have a lot of natural ability but is too much of a showboater... Stevie is nowhere near as bad...

I'd like to see the Bills draft a WR/TE and an OT 1-2... If EJ can stay healthy we should know what we have in him by the end of this season...

im with you in this. Althoufht I don't want to spend a 1st or 2nd on a OL. If prefer to address that in the 3rd and pick up a WR and TE in the first 2 rounds. Would eliminate all arguments about EJ not having enough weapons to succeed.

Sign him to a one year deal and let him fight for a roster spot. This goes to my theory that the Bills need a few talented jerks. The Bills have a roster full of nice locker room guys with average talent.

The gamble on kiko worked out well. His stock was hit by some legal troubles, but he's reportedly been a consummate pro.

Woods by the end of this season I feel is going to establish himself as our #1 WR. More talented than stevie, and works his ass off. I say no to Britt for many reasons #1 is we need to get reps to the Rookie WR we will be bringing in. I can see our starters in 2015 as Woods, New Rookie, Goodwin

I'm not advocating for desean but the stat twisting in amazing. If were going to average Stevie's TDs over only 3 seasons, can we stick to tds scored in those years and not his entire career total divided by 3?

If we are going to toss last season out, why aren't we tossing deseans 11 game season too?

Desean has a career YPC of 17+ and has had a season over 20 - Stevie's high is 13.2 for a season.

Career high yards in a season for Stevie 1073, deseans had 2 seasons over that including 1332 last year.

Stevie has one 10 td season, deseans had two 9 td seasons.

Deseans had a long catch over 60 yards every season, Stevie just 1 catch longer than 60 in his career.

Deseans got plenty of issues and makes a boatload of money but to say Stevie has 28 tds in 3 seasons is ridiculous.

Edited by NoSaint

I'm not advocating for desean but the stat twisting in amazing. If were going to average Stevie's TDs over only 3 seasons, can we stick to tds scored in those years and not his entire career total divided by 3?

If we are going to toss last season out, why aren't we tossing deseans 11 game season too?

Desean has a career YPC of 17+ and has had a season over 20 - Stevie's high is 13.2 for a season.

Career high yards in a season for Stevie 1073, deseans had 2 seasons over that including 1332 last year.

Deseans had a long catch over 60 yards every season, Stevie just 1 catch longer than 60 in his career.

Deseans got plenty of issues and makes a boatload of money but to say Stevie has 28 tds in 3 seasons is ridiculous.

At the same time, how many times was SJ open down field & missed? I'm no Vick fan but he has a strong arm. SJ got opened plenty of times & Fitz just missed him. Vick & Foles > Fitz & EJ

And I'm glad Britt didn't sign. I don't want him anywhere near this team.

I'd be willing to give Britt a chance here in Buffalo,why not? Sometimes people need that 2nd chance to get their life going in the right direction. He's the big fast type of WR this team needs to win some games.

I'm tired of the choir boy mentality that everyone seems to want the players on this team to be. We need us some bad boys!

Edited by Frez

At the same time, how many times was SJ open down field & missed? I'm no Vick fan but he has a strong arm. SJ got opened plenty of times & Fitz just missed him. Vick & Foles > Fitz & EJ

And I'm glad Britt didn't sign. I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Sure, a factor.... But Vick for all his arm strength surely you are not arguing is a great qb? Accuracy and decision making issues there too, it's not like he's Brady manning or brees.

Ill add I also didn't include his 4 punt return tds, and 3 rushing tds which gives him a high of 12 tds in his highest scoring season. His 67 yard rush is longer than Stevie's longest catch. He's a far more explosive athlete and it's ok. Stevie fits a different role and is much more of a 10 yard move the chains receiver while desean is like cj in that he can score from anywhere on the field (but isn't the first guy your going to for tough yards)... Teams need both, and outside of a handful of guys it takes more than 1 person to be great at both halves.

Edited by NoSaint

I wouldnt mind Britt on a show me type contract,, something easy to get out of, just in case! He has talent and is still young.

D Jackson is a nightmare. He is a small guy but extremely fast. He is also a pain in the asz, n his contract is terrible. No way he restructures to play for B-lo.

i never threw out last season in Stevie's totals. They were included. As were his total numbers over 6 years when he only started 4. Yes DJ has more yards. But the difference is really only 2 seasons for Stevie. But I won't base my argument off that. But I will say that Stebie has almost as many TDs regardless if I extract his first seasons or not. And although they are so similar statistics wise, they are no where near money wise. And honestly, IMO, they aren't even close as far as maturity goes. Sure they both have fun and make bone headed plays but DJ is a crying baby when it comes to almost everything else. Never has Stevie talked bad about his team, coach, town, etc...

If you want to get into physical abilities. I'd take Stevie any day of the week over DJ. Stevie has the ability to get open anywhere in the field and even though he doesn't have ridiculous speed, he often finds himself open downfield as well. He is automatic in short slant routes as well for many first downs. DJ on the other hand has almost no ability to get open in short yardage and is a homerun playmaker on every play. He runs deep plays every play and that is fine and you need it, he's nothing if your QB doesn't have the arm or the time to get him the ball.

But I will turn away from this being a comparison for the time being between Stevie an DJ and will focus on what's important. We all want to give EJ (or whoever else is going to be our QB) another weapon. We already have guys that can run fast downfield (Goodwin and Graham) and we already have short route/slant/slot WRs (Stevie and Woods). What we don't have is a "go up and get it" type of WR that towers over DBs and makes leaping catches that are impossible to overthrow. We don't have that. We have plenty of 6'0" WRs on this roster. Let's get a beast. Britt fits that mold regardless if he's worth a shot or not. Or we can draft one. Evans, Benjamin, I don't care, take your pick. But we need a big, physical, tall, WR and we don't have one and Jackson isn't it.

Why cant the Bills have both Jackson and Johnson to go along with Woods. Then you draft Ebron. Have Goodwin bring in speed off the bench. That looks like good speed and depth. If your worried about the redzone the combo of Chandler and Ebron in a double tight set is tough to match up with. I like Evans so if they go that way I would not bring in Britt or Jackson, but if were going to bring in Britt who why not get Jackson. Same thing at guard. We signed Chris Williams a top 20 Guard for 4 years 13.5 million when Geoff Schwartz signed a 4 year 16.8 and is a top 5 free agent guard. When we have cap space if were going to bring in someone bring in the best available.