Sammy Watkins, worth trading up for? What cost?

MClem06

Texans - unlikely

Rams - need a #1 WR

Jags - need a #1 WR with Blackmon 1 strike away from a lengthy suspension

Browns - need a threat opposite Gordon

Raiders - need a #1 WR

Falcons - not likely

Buccaneers - I could see it, especially if Lovie Smith is tired of Mike Williams' act as reported

Vikings - a young WR to pair with Patterson, can be groomed behind Jennings

Who takes Watkins?

Texans? No

Rams? Maybe

Jags? No

Browns? No

Raiders? Not anymore, need OL and QB

Falcons? No

Bucs? Maybe

Vikings? No

Maybe there should be a similar debate on whether Mack's available at 9..

Heck we signed Corey graham may as well get Bo Oliver in the 6th round for the trifecta ha ha

Edited by BUNCH OF MULARKEY

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many teams behind us need WR's enough they're likely to target them in the 1st? The only one I know needs them more then anyone else in the draft. Carolina.

The Jets need some but not likely in the first two rounds.

I like Sammy Watkins a lot. If he were to be there t 9 I'd say jump on it. However giving away picks would make me nervous. We still need more players. So if there, take him, if not, don't trade up is my philosophy on this one. There will be plenty of good players there at 9.

I believe the Bills have a lot of talent on the team and finally are in a position where they also have some decent depth as well. This is a deep draft with the opportunity to add a number of quality players. IMHO, this is not the time to give up draft picks - if anything, it is the time to move back and acquire more picks wherever possible and reasonable. This might possibly be the most important draft for this team in quite some time. We were still just a 6 - 10 team last year; however, there were a lot of good signs if you evaluated things realistically, objectively, and within context. If Whaley & company do well in this draft, then we could have the core of a very strong team for the forseeable future.

I am willing to believe this FO is different than what we have experienced for most of the last fifteen years, and I like what they have done so far. However, for me, this draft will go a long way in telling me whether that belief is warranted or not.

Great response to the original question by all, I like the response with the points breakdown, I can never remember how that works. So it seems to me that if he falls to 7 some how , could we make that 3rd rounder from 2015's draft or does it have to be this years draft pick? Do they give less points for future draft picks in later years?

Great response to the original question by all, I like the response with the points breakdown, I can never remember how that works. So it seems to me that if he falls to 7 some how , could we make that 3rd rounder from 2015's draft or does it have to be this years draft pick? Do they give less points for future draft picks in later years?

the rule of thumb is drop value a round for each year in the future.

I just got through watching the video of newly signed CB Corey Graham & Chris Brown talking while in the locker room which is very cool ! To see a true Bills fan now playing for the team to fufill a dream is great .

I think that just maybe there may be a bit more loyalty with a player that grew up being a fan of the team he now play for, and less of the all mighty dollar mentality but i am probably wrong cause cash is after all the bottom line !!

With that being said it would be great to have a take 2 of this scenario .

Sammy Watkins has said he grew up watching the Bills & has been a fan his entire life. He remembers watching the great 90's teams as we all did, so i think it would be cool if there was a way he could come to the Bills in this years draft, although i don't see it .

I think Watkins will be gone before our pick at 9 plus i think a better scenario would be what i am thinking the picks could help the team over all . Even though this draft being so deep if we got Watkins in the 1st we could still get a really good O lineman in the second , so i guess it could work .

My personal picks by rounds are 1st) OT - Lewan - Mich 2nd) WR - Benjamin - FSU & 3rd) LB - Borland - Wis. if still there . With getting Spikes he could be Borland's mentor & when Spikes contract is up he will be ready to go at ILB .

I think the first 2 because they both would help EJ not just keeping him protected yet another take 2 with Benjamin (if that is the guy WR from FSU i am thinking about) which EJ already has a familiarity with & could jell quicker & be the Big WR we have been talking about .

As for Borland I think he is going to be another London Fletcher from every thing that i have heard of him pre-draft .

Any way there are 2 take 2's for one .

I like the thinking on taking someone who would be thrilled to be a Bill and WANT to be here. I was actually going to start a post about how that should factor in on who we draft, trade for and sign in free agency in the future. To compound on this point even further I think that we would be much better off focusing on local talent, whether that be a kid like Graham who grew up in the area or if they went to NE colleges. Make lot of this kids from California, Texas and Florida could give a **** going up to the Great White North. Bottom line start accumalating players that are not only blue collar but Northern players who would not loathe being in a small market, cold environment.

No, who, Parker ??! Oh boy, I sure hope not, that Byrd fiasco still stings.

He'd have to be a real a$$ to not slot a draft picks contract where it should be. Furthermore I don't see what he'd be upset about he got what he wanted from the Bills.

I like the thinking on taking someone who would be thrilled to be a Bill and WANT to be here. I was actually going to start a post about how that should factor in on who we draft, trade for and sign in free agency in the future. To compound on this point even further I think that we would be much better off focusing on local talent, whether that be a kid like Graham who grew up in the area or if they went to NE colleges. Make lot of this kids from California, Texas and Florida could give a **** going up to the Great White North. Bottom line start accumalating players that are not only blue collar but Northern players who would not loathe being in a small market, cold environment.

yea, lets skip drafting from the power house football states, and focus on not just local guys but ones that will pick home/playing for their favorite team (the bills) over money too.... success seems inevitable at that point.

Yup. Like all of them or not, we added 5 guys so far in free agency (and resigned chandler). That's a good chunk of the roster, and not lost anything but Byrd. We may have done most of the heavy lifting for patching holes and now be looking for final pieces.

I'm inclined to agree with you, as Kirby said earlier they may be in position to take quality over quantity. Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS