Spikes confirmed visiting OBD. Confirmed Signed

Wow. Unless your name is Brady, it must be hell being in pats town.

Lots of players talk sh about their previous team, but it seems like more from pats town. And with a more heated hate than normal.

Talib just stated earlier this week that he didnt have a hip injury while the pats were reporting hip injuries. Basically stating that the pats are lying on their injury reports.

Damn I hate this team so much.

They all hate the team when they release them, but a couple years later when they realize that they were right about letting them go......and after they experience what it's like to play for a team that LOSES........they seem to re-kindle their man-love for Bill and his Pats.

See all the guys that Belichick unceremoniously dumped who are now on NFL network smooching up to him on a daily basis.

Bledsoe was kicked to the curb by Belichick and treated like royalty in Buffalo but he now kisses the ring and has taken his shots at Buffalo. The lesson is that the only thing that trumps winning is money........and after those careers are over and the checks are all cashed.....players lifelong connections are with the teams they won with not with the teams that paid them.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagined this has been posted, but there are a lot of pages on this thread. Looks like people can break out their old Takeo jerseys?

Yeah but they are the ugly navy blue one or the hideous white aways :sick: Edited by shadowcat10

If the guy didn't want to be here he wouldn't be here. Spikes has issues and has to prove himself again. Why not do it with a team with your old coach and plays the Pats twice?

So, he can leave in a year after proving himself? Why not lock him in for longer? Plus, anyone can live anywhere for a year, even a place one publicly denigrated on numerous occasions.

But thinking about it a bit more, it may have been the Bills pushing for the 1 year deal. He's high risk, for sure, and Peppers knows the dirt. Plus, it's a relatively cheap deal.

Edited by kas23

We now have a true run stop MLB.......

Watch Kiko just absolutely blossom now that he has Spikes to do the grunt work

i am really hoping to see these guys feed off of each other and pop some pads out there.

It also occurred to me that I'm not too fond of this one year deal thing. I don't want to end up loving the guy and then he leaves.

i think this contract is exactly what it had to be. spikes has had some issues in the past and i think the bills wanted to guard against any possible destructive behavior.

Source?? Fredonia History Student??

Not so much directed at this post, but I've had multiple TBD posters message me requesting that I provide sources for my information, and suggest that maybe I shouldn't post if I'm not willing to do so. Thing is, I am the source. I'm not sure what else to say. I've come on here and provided info on player signings, surprise player cuts (I let this board know of the Trent Edwards cut hours before it was made public) and other bits of useful info, like this signing.

Not so much directed at this post, but I've had multiple TBD posters message me requesting that I provide sources for my information, and suggest that maybe I shouldn't post if I'm not willing to do so. Thing is, I am the source. I'm not sure what else to say. I've come on here and provided info on player signings, surprise player cuts (I let this board know of the Trent Edwards cut hours before it was made public) and other bits of useful info, like this signing.

Have you heard of any other potential FA signings or do you think they are done?

My comment was an effort at humor given this story first broke by a UB Med student. Glad you are here. Was not intended toward you personally but that we were all having fun with the med student idea (so why not a history student). :)

My comment was an effort at humor given this story first broke by a UB Med student. Glad you are here. Was not intended toward you personally but that we were all having fun with the med student idea (so why not a history student). :)

I'm with you. It was funny. It was more about the PMs I was receiving. Yours was funny, and only quoted it because it was the more recent comment to my post. Sorry that wasn't clear. My bad.

Have you heard of any other potential FA signings or do you think they are done?

I think they are done trying to sign starting-caliber players, but I know they've looked at just about every one and every thing so you never know. I only have periodic access to information, so plenty of moves happen where I don't hear about it ahead of time. Also, and maybe this is obvious at this point, I know the Bills are looking hard at the WR and OL prospects for the draft.

Edited by BuffaloATL

Personally I cannot wait another 2 or 3 hours to hear that the Bills have cut Trent or signed Spikes. I must know now. Otherwise I cannot clean the house in peace on the weekends.

Edited by SameOldBills

Personally I cannot wait another 2 or 3 hours to hear that the Bills have cut Trent or signed Spikes. I must know now. Otherwise I cannot clean the house in peace on the weekends.

I know how a clear mind regarding player transactions makes it easier to clean those hard to reach places.

I just started following Spikes on Twitter and found out his dog is named Mary Jane. He and Nigel should get along well. But a new follower, presumably a Bills fan, asked him to go have a beer with him and he replied that he doesn't drink beer. So there's that.

I'm with you. It was funny. It was more about the PMs I was receiving. Yours was funny, and only quoted it because it was the more recent comment to my post. Sorry that wasn't clear. My bad.

I think they are done trying to sign starting-caliber players, but I know they've looked at just about every one and every thing so you never know. I only have periodic access to information, so plenty of moves happen where I don't hear about it ahead of time. Also, and maybe this is obvious at this point, I know the Bills are looking hard at the WR and OL prospects for the draft.

Nothing is obvious with this team. Honestly, it is a relief to hear this. We all assume they will take one of the stud WRs or OLs in the higher rounds, but we are secretly all fearing a Maybin/Whitner/CB at 9. At least I am. Edited by YoloinOhio

You must be joking bout Schwartz "sitting him down". Schwartz is famous for his lack of control over guys like Suh. He was well known for presiding over a bunch of poor characters who were heavily penalized on field and Suh was rumored to publicly challenge Schwartz in meetings and practice.

I think Schwartz is going to be a poor replacement for Pettine.

Schwartz won't be the one sitting down Spikes.

As for Schwartz being a poor replacement for Pettine, he had better defenses than Pettine his last 2 years in Tenny, and his personnel here will be comparable, if not exceed, what he had then. And last year you said Pettine would be a bust without Ryan. But time will tell.

Edited by Doc

You must be joking bout Schwartz "sitting him down". Schwartz is famous for his lack of control over guys like Suh. He was well known for presiding over a bunch of poor characters who were heavily penalized on field and Suh was rumored to publicly challenge Schwartz in meetings and practice.

I think Schwartz is going to be a poor replacement for Pettine.

If Schwartz is accountable for disciplining the defensive players, Pettine was accountable for Dareus. If that is the case then we see how that turned out and Marrone had to intervene at the end of the year.