List the all time Bills Jerks

Iraq Vet

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the addition of Spikes. I think it is time to list the all time Buffalo Bills Jackass Hall of Fame team. I am willing to bet that the collection would be the greatest team of all time. I am sick of the Bills having average players that are good locker room guys. We need more men with fire in their heart and nastiness in their soul.

I will start:

Running Backs: "Hit &Run" Lynch, Travis "no condom" Henry, OJ....

DE: Bruce "DWI" Smith

QB: Bill Joe "never read a playbook" Hobert

Please list the player, position and his jackass trait.

Sam Adams definitely had the biggest Ass.

• 1 month later...

Well now we have added Mike Williams, and we are looking at Incognito (I have a source now). My dream of an all "attitude" team is coming true!

I hope I'm not your source for signing Incognito. I just posted something a message board

:blink:

Sorry, I don't get the point of this thread. So is being a jackass bad or good? You have Bruce the greatest Bills defensive player ever in the same company with BJ Hobert???

I'm with you on this one - why Bruce Smith or Doug Flutie. Not sure of the point of this!

I'm with you on this one - why Bruce Smith or Doug Flutie. Not sure of the point of this!

The point is we have had huge jerks on the team. Sometimes these jerks are great players. The super bowl years were full of jerks. The past 5-7 years we have had really nice locker room guys... yet we have not seen the playoffs in a decade.

Some of the jerks were funny... like T.O. and Stevie J. Some were crazy like Travis Henry, some were criminal like OJ.

I think it is fun to remember in the Bills past players... usually we remember the choir boys and greats.

Doug Flutie

Troy Vincent

I will NEVER understand the hate for Flutie the only thing the guy did while he put on a Bills uni was win ! He is one of the highest winning percentage QB's in Bills history GO FIGURE :doh: ???

Although he didn't do this while a member of the Bills, how about this for being an a-hole...

Vince Ferragamo was a QB on the Rams in the late 70s-early 80s and later on the Bills. In 79 or so, he replaced the starter, Pat Haden, late in the season, and led them to a Super Bowl berth. He wanted to re-negotiate his contract but the Rams didn't want to. And Haden was named the starter before the season. Ferragamo was pissed even though he only started maybe 5 regular season games to that point.

On the last day of cuts, the Rams released Bob Lee as the #3 QB, and in the first game of the season, Haden broke a finger on his throwing hand. Ferragamo replaced him, and with a Thursday night game coming up the following week, and being the ONLY QB on the entire team, Ferragamo walked out on the team and started a holdout for more money.

My friends and I always called when you turned your back on your friends or family or colleagues just when they needed you most, "Pulling a Ferragamo."

The Rams promised him he would play the next four games, so his holdout only lasted one day, and then he played the entire season and was very good, throwing 30 Tds, his only good year. But walking out on the team three days before a game when you are the only healthy QB?

Nice guy.

Although he didn't do this while a member of the Bills, how about this for being an a-hole...

Vince Ferragamo was a QB on the Rams in the late 70s-early 80s and later on the Bills. In 79 or so, he replaced the starter, Pat Haden, late in the season, and led them to a Super Bowl berth. He wanted to re-negotiate his contract but the Rams didn't want to. And Haden was named the starter before the season. Ferragamo was pissed even though he only started maybe 5 regular season games to that point.

On the last day of cuts, the Rams released Bob Lee as the #3 QB, and in the first game of the season, Haden broke a finger on his throwing hand. Ferragamo replaced him, and with a Thursday night game coming up the following week, and being the ONLY QB on the entire team, Ferragamo walked out on the team and started a holdout for more money.

My friends and I always called when you turned your back on your friends or family or colleagues just when they needed you most, "Pulling a Ferragamo."

The Rams promised him he would play the next four games, so his holdout only lasted one day, and then he played the entire season and was very good, throwing 30 Tds, his only good year. But walking out on the team three days before a game when you are the only healthy QB?

Nice guy.

Considering how limited player movement was back then I don't blame him.

He only played a few games for us but in 1998 or so, the Bills signed a linebacker Wayne Simmons. From as far back as his college days, he was accused of DUI, a slew of assaults (some against women), and forcible rape. He died at a fairly young age in a car accident.

I remember being a bit shocked when they signed him.