Bills Won't take A TE or Tackle in first people

SJDK

They will take either Evans or Benjamin in the first and TJ graham is as good as gone. They will take a RB, LB, Tackle and then Guard. last picks are always best available. No tight end, Ebron is NOT Vernon Davis and Sammy Watkins will be the looked at as the most overhyped player from this draft.

Evans and Mosley, would be great, Benjamin was EJ's boy at FSU but I think if we trade back a few spots we would be in good shape with Benjamin and 2 second round pics again

Link ? And Watkins rules fwiw.

Watkins is good, just not that good. He is Brandon Lafell/Eddie Royal

Mayock said Watkins is the best wideout in 10 years fwiw. Brandon Lafell and Eddie royal are nothing alike.

- both number 2s with speed but mediocre at the pro level

Mayock said Watkins is the best wideout in 10 years fwiw. Brandon Lafell and Eddie royal are nothing alike.

I'm lost jack, but maybe you're right.

Eddie Royal: averages about 50 receptions for about 500 yards

Brandon Lafell: averages about 40 receptions for 600 yards

- pretty much exactly the same except Lafell is taller

- both number 2s with speed but mediocre at the pro level

Eddie Royal: averages about 50 receptions for about 500 yards

Brandon Lafell: averages about 40 receptions for 600 yards

- pretty much exactly the same except Lafell is taller

This is where we need the sarcasm font (I hope).

Is Kirby drinking Watkins cool aid?!

Watkins was just compared to Eddie Royal & Brandon Lafell. He grades out in the AJ Green, Julio Jones territory. He has Steve Smith's toughness combined with Percy Harvin's skill set. He is 6'1 but plays bigger. I will be really, really surprised if he isn't elite.

Watkins was just compared to Eddie Royal & Brandon Lafell. He grades out in the AJ Green, Julio Jones territory. He has Steve Smith's toughness combined with Percy Harvin's skill set. He is 6'1 but plays bigger. I will be really, really surprised if he isn't elite.

Eddie royal ran a faster 40 at the combine(4.38) than Watkins. Besides I think he will end up like Harvin. Harvin can't get on the field, look that up, he misses a lot of games and I get the feeling Watkins will too

keep dreaming guys.... now that Byrd is a Saint the Bills FO can now justify drafting a safety with the #9 pick, as they me love them some DB's :lol:

The OP is 100% correct about not drafting a RT at #9, as they will either give that job to Chris Hairston or keep Pears in that RT position. The FO , and the majority of the fans this board thinks the team can win with scrubs playing on the O line.

This thread has me all confused.

To recap: Evans is a combination of Eddie Royal, Brandon Lafell & Percy Harvin.

keep dreaming guys.... now that Byrd is a Saint the Bills FO can now justify drafting a safety with the #9 pick, as they me love them some DB's :lol:

What odds are you offering on the Bills drafting a safety at #9 or are you just saying stuff to say stuff?

The OP is 100% correct about not drafting a RT at #9, as they will either give that job to Chris Hairston or keep Pears in that RT position. The FO , and the majority of the fans this board thinks the team can win with scrubs playing on the O line.

So very sad, so very true...

I hate to seem a bit skeptical, but what makes you so sure they won't take a TE or Tackle. TE, I could buy, since they claim to be happy and aren't in ideal drafting position for one. But Tackle? With a run on QB's, there's a chance that one of two very, very good players drops to 9.

I won't go as far as to predict this, but stranger things have happened.

Clinton-Dix has gone up Draftek's board lately, and he almost certainly would be there when we go to pick (Considering the 3 possible QB's, 2 blue chip tackles,Sammy Watkins, Mack and Clowney).

I hate to seem a bit skeptical, but what makes you so sure they won't take a TE or Tackle. TE, I could buy, since they claim to be happy and aren't in ideal drafting position for one. But Tackle? With a run on QB's, there's a chance that one of two very, very good players drops to 9.

now that the raiders screwed up in FA, they will take an OT, so the top 3 will be gone before 9. Rams, Atlanta, and Oakland go OT in R1.

They will take either Evans or Benjamin in the first and TJ graham is as good as gone. They will take a RB, LB, Tackle and then Guard. last picks are always best available. No tight end, Ebron is NOT Vernon Davis and Sammy Watkins will be the looked at as the most overhyped player from this draft.

You shut your mouth.

CBF

I could see a safety in the first three rounds if they trade down and get an extra pick. Don't know enough of how Schwartz plays his safeties but I would say we need a more traditional SS than a FS. We have no one on this team that covers and hits like Chancellor.

I still think trade down, take Ebron, then get SS, OT, and MLB.

WR is the wildcard position to me. Not really a need but if they find a true game breaker or if Watkins falls to #9 he would be hard to pass up. Not sure why but Evans just scares me.

Edited by Dragonborn10

In the final analysis the burden is on Marrone and EJ to produce NEXT season and the need is for better pass protection and the glaring unaddressed position (so far) is right tackle. Chances are one of two (or three) tackles will be available. Connect the dots. I think the tell will be whether we sign a WR in free agency or an OT in free agency.

Thanks for ruining the drama of the draft for me with your fortune telling. You could have at least said SPOILER ALERT

OT in round one. I think Matthews or Richardson will be there. TE in secound.

based on what happened in FA so far, I think all 3 will be gone--robinson, mathews, and lewan.

Rams, Oakland, Atlanta, Tampa all need OT.

While Ebron or Evans seem like good choices, I think a player like Mosely would have the biggest impact in year 1. I'd prefer an OT, but now I don't think any of the top 3 will be there. Trade back is the optimal choice.

Eddie royal ran a faster 40 at the combine(4.38) than Watkins. Besides I think he will end up like Harvin. Harvin can't get on the field, look that up, he misses a lot of games and I get the feeling Watkins will too

Based on what? Watkins plays a physical style but has been pretty healthy for the most part. Harvin came in with concussion issues. Those are tough to overcome. Watkins is nothing like Eddie Royal/Brandon Lafell as a prospect.

Some other draft comparisons that you may agree with:

- Greg Robinson - Langston Walker

- Jake Matthews - Pears

- Jadaveon Clowney - Mark Anderson

- Khalil Mack - Kawika Mitchell

- Eric Ebron - Mike Caussin