Bills Free Agents Updates

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brinkley goes back to Minnesota. McClain, and Carroll came but haven't signed. Jairus Byrd to N.O. with Aaron Williams and Dan Carpenter re-signed. Chris Williams in.

teams are interested in Carrington and Chandler too

What about Brandon Spikes?

Surprised we havent reached out to him yet.

CBF

Who says they haven’t? We didn’t know about the other visits/signings the Bills made until they happened. Haven’t been any real Bills rumors. Whaley is stealth with his.

The Chris Williams signing by the Bills rates a "B" from Bill Polian's Free Agency tracker.

Jairus Byrd's signing rated a B- for the Saints.

2nd Bills FA signing, former #Ravens CB Corey Graham. Leodis McKelvin needs to earn the No. 2 CB job.

I think Leodis is safe if he keeps up his play from last year. Robey’s playing time is on the line. Graham is probably penciled in for the CB3 spot, which might as well be a starter in today’s NFL.

And Bill Polian is a cut throat with his FA views. LoL. I couldn’t disagree with him more about Byrd’s value. But the man built three different teams so I can’t say too much...

Edited by purple haze

I like the attitude!

CBF

Who is sporting the bigger pair of man boobs? Marrone or Williams? Lol

Who says they haven’t? We didn’t know about the other visits/signings the Bills made until they happened. Haven’t been any real Bills rumors. Whaley is stealth with his.

I think Leodis is safe if he keeps up his play from last year. Robey’s playing time is on the line. Graham is probably penciled in for the CB3 spot, which might as well be a starter in today’s NFL.

And Bill Polian is a cut throat with his FA views. LoL. I couldn’t disagree with him more about Byrd’s value. But the man built three different teams so I can’t say too much...

Polian is probably factoring in what you could get at half Byrd's price

Day 2 and the Bills sign 3 guys. No real stars but guys who will compete for starting jobs. NFL Network round table ribbed the organization for developing young talent and letting them walk. Not good for the Bills in the PR department. Management need to resign guys early.

A very disappointing player. Alot of athletiuc potential but bad football player.

Sorry...But that's ridiculous...According to CBS.com, Pro Football Focus had Rivers ranked 18th among all OLB's last season...

He's certainly not the player he was projected to be when he was Drafted...But he's had an injury plagued career...When he's been healthy he's been an effective, albeit unspectacular, 2-down OLB who is strong vs the run...

Ed Valentine from BigBlueView on Rivers..."Rivers had a quiet, but pretty effective season. He played 16 games for the first time in his injury-riddled six-year career."

Rivers is not doing anything flashy out there...He's holding the edge and playing the run on base downs...Something the Bills have had BIG problems with from their LB's...He's not a bad football player at all...

Edited by KOKBILLS

Day 2 and the Bills sign 3 guys. No real stars but guys who will compete for starting jobs. NFL Network round table ribbed the organization for developing young talent and letting them walk. Not good for the Bills in the PR department. Management need to resign guys early.

Yeah, like McKelvin, Wood, Kyle Williams, Aaron Williams, etc. We lose Byrd but sign four other players, and idiots think the sky is falling. Give me a break.

Edited by todd

Regarding Rivers, i think the concern is that they probably could have gotten him for cheaper. I understand that 2.5M is guarantied which seems high. Hopefully he proves many wrong. Really like the Graham signing. Chris Williams looks like an upgrade even though there may have been better options out there for guard, the guy from KC for one, who signed with the New Jersey Giants.

Edited by Mopreme

National commentary calls this an unimpressive signing. Others on national media wonder how this guys gets a job. Bills overspend on this but won't overspend on Byrd an all-pro. Bizzaro.

National commentary is never impressed by what the Bills do.

I expect Whaley and crew will sign 1 or 2 more guys then the focus will be on the draft. IMO one more Offensive lineman and linebacker. No FA TE that are available so I will assume they will look to add through the draft.