Bills Free Agents Updates

So with our current signings - that should give us a bit more predictable draft pick at 9. I think it's absolutely going to be Mike Evans or Eric Ebron. We picked up OL, LB, and CB for depth. The Bills know in 90% of drafts Evans and Ebron will still be there.

EDIT: or it could be an RT to solidify our OL and protect EJ (or whoever for that matter) for years to come... and hopefully help Spiller get some more space this season.

Edited by BillsFan3434

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with our current signings - that should give us a bit more predictable draft pick at 9. I think it's absolutely going to be Mike Evans or Eric Ebron. We picked up OL, LB, and CB for depth. The Bills know in 90% of drafts Evans and Ebron will still be there.

I still think it sets them up to draft the player they feel is the most talented at an impact position. Someone good is going to drop to 9. If that's Evans, Ebron, or even Watkins, or a QB they really really like, then great. I don't care who it is as long as he is a year one starter and a positive contributor.

Am I the only one here who wants to scream and yell and throw things at someone for posting something here when it is only the truth and it just hurts? Likke a real truth - we were $16mm under the cap, or water is wet or something.

Also, how awesome would it be to walk in Corey Grahams shoes right now knowing you're coming home!

@jthom1

Rams showing interest in Bills DL Alex Carrington as depth pickup; more likely destination is Cleveland where former Bills DC Pettine is HC.

Alex Carrington is going to be hard not to root for no matter where he goes. He and Moats were just likeable guys. No matter how average or less they were those dudes + Tank Carder were just feel good guys.

The Chris Williams signing by the Bills rates a "B" from Bill Polian's Free Agency tracker.

Jairus Byrd's signing rated a B- for the Saints.

2nd Bills FA signing, former #Ravens CB Corey Graham. Leodis McKelvin needs to earn the No. 2 CB job.

I have to wonder his grading. A Pro Bowl player going to a playoff team is only bad if you look at the cap implications and what other talent must be removed to fit him. Otherwise, why would it not be an A+?

EDIT: or it could be an RT to solidify our OL and protect EJ (or whoever for that matter) for years to come... and hopefully help Spiller get some more space this season.

I still think OL shakes up a little bit more. I somehow wish we could get June cuts in now before the draft because I think we could make a run at someone there.

I still think it sets them up to draft the player they feel is the most talented at an impact position. Someone good is going to drop to 9. If that's Evans, Ebron, or even Watkins, or a QB they really really like, then great. I don't care who it is as long as he is a year one starter and a positive contributor.

How about Steve Smith for a 3rd and swap first round picks with Carolina (9th us, 28th I think them). Edited by jboyst62

Am I the only one here who wants to scream and yell and throw things at someone for posting something here when it is only the truth and it just hurts? Likke a real truth - we were $16mm under the cap, or water is wet or something.

Also, how awesome would it be to walk in Corey Grahams shoes right now knowing you're coming home!

Alex Carrington is going to be hard not to root for no matter where he goes. He and Moats were just likeable guys. No matter how average or less they were those dudes + Tank Carder were just feel good guys.

I have to wonder his grading. A Pro Bowl player going to a playoff team is only bad if you look at the cap implications and what other talent must be removed to fit him. Otherwise, why would it not be an A+?

I still think OL shakes up a little bit more. I somehow wish we could get June cuts in now before the draft because I think we could make a run at someone there.

How about Steve Smith for a 3rd and swap first round picks with Carolina (9th us, 28th I think them).

Steve Smith is a bad man but that's a lot of tread on those tires. If it were only dropping ten picks I might entertain it. Even with the addition of a third, and even if the value chart matches up, I think that is too far of a drop for the Bills in the first round.

How about Steve Smith for a 3rd and swap first round picks with Carolina (9th us, 28th I think them).

I love Smitty as much as anyone...Actually met him once when I lived in Charlotte...

That being said...You're kidding right? He'll be 35 in May...He's a 5-9 possession guy now...The Bills want to get bigger at receiver not smaller...

I mean...I still would not mind getting Smith simply because I really like the guy...But a 3rd and a swap of firsts? :huh:

I love Smitty as much as anyone...Actually met him once when I lived in Charlotte...

That being said...You're kidding right? He'll be 35 in May...He's a 5-9 possession guy now...The Bills want to get bigger at receiver not smaller...

I mean...I still would not mind getting Smith simply because I really like the guy...But a 3rd and a swap of firsts? :huh:

Steve Smith @ 35 > TJ Graham @ any age with magnetic hands.

We need possessions. We did not have possessions in our passing game. We had completions but we did not have possessions by anyone but Chandler and Fred Jackson, sometimes CJ Spiller with the occasional Steve Johnson when he showed up. Where is Chandler? Can we put 100% confidence we can go with Fred Jackson at the same level (of course we can't, we go with 110% confidence, dude is beast).

We need guys who can move the ball for 7 or 8 yards a click to let our RB's move the ball. And that one kid we brought up late in the season might be a piece of getting short yards. And don't even get me started on getting Frank Summers the ball in the passing game.

We need possessions. We did not have possessions in our passing game. We had completions but we did not have possessions by anyone but Chandler and Fred Jackson, sometimes CJ Spiller with the occasional Steve Johnson when he showed up. Where is Chandler? Can we put 100% confidence we can go with Fred Jackson at the same level (of course we can't, we go with 110% confidence, dude is beast).

We need guys who can move the ball for 7 or 8 yards a click to let our RB's move the ball. And that one kid we brought up late in the season might be a piece of getting short yards. And don't even get me started on getting Frank Summers the ball in the passing game.

No one is questioning that Smith is better than Graham...I said I love the guy...

But giving up a 3rd and swapping 1st round picks with a team that picks in the late 20's is no where near a good idea for a 35 year old 5-9 wide out...No matter how much I like the guy...It's not going to take nearly that much to get Smith...He may just end up being released anyway... B-)

we need a qb that can get a wr the ball before we go giving up picks for a guy that might have a year of football left in him

No one is questioning that Smith is better than Graham...I said I love the guy...

But giving up a 3rd and swapping 1st round picks with a team that picks in the late 20's is no where near a good idea for a 35 year old 5-9 wide out...No matter how much I like the guy...It's not going to take nearly that much to get Smith...He may just end up being released anyway... B-)

graham = 3rd round pick. I forgot who was our 3rd rounder in 2014, Goodwin?

Anyway, I am saying that for the next 2 yrs, maybe 3. Steve Smiff adds more to our team then the likely value of said player.

graham = 3rd round pick. I forgot who was our 3rd rounder in 2014, Goodwin?

Anyway, I am saying that for the next 2 yrs, maybe 3. Steve Smiff adds more to our team then the likely value of said player.

Maybe so...Just a 3rd would not be so bad...Depends on how you Draft though...This year a high 3rd should be more like a mid 2nd...Lots of talent this year...But point taken on the third...No way would I swap 1st though... B-)

http://www.buffaloru...ining-cap-space

Bills still have close to $15M remaning in cap space after yesterdays signings.

CBF

That's honestly not that much. You figure 5-6 will be spent towards the rookies, plus every team generally carry a couple million buffer just in case.

I'd say that only leaves us with 5 million to play with...a number which will likely mean one more free agent at best.