Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

What and where has all that extra cap space gotten us exactly??

What will happen if EJ becomes an elite quarterback and he wants to leave? If we can't/won't re-sign our own then what is the point of following this team?

Buddy Nix told us a while back that we're going to build this team through the draft and re-sign our own. I'm not buying that bologna anymore. TPTB are only in this for the money. I see that now.

Good question.

I'm interested to see if they spend in free agency and use a significant amount of that 25M (at this point) they have in cap room. History tells us they won't so we'll see.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need a partner to trade people, you can't just force another team to give us something for a guy they might get outright.

If you don't think Parker was working the rooms at the combine you're delusional. He's got a damn good idea what he can get outside of Buffalo, hell he might even already have a couple of offers on the table.

Well then he stays for one more year. Period.

Good question.

I'm interested to see if they spend in free agency and use a significant amount of that 25M (at this point) they have in cap room. History tells us they won't so we'll see.

Therein lies the problem. Levitre walks and they sign Legursky as a replacement. It's a joke. A crying joke.

If that $10M that was going to be used on Byrd is used to plug other holes I think that I am okay with it.

C'mon now, you know that is not how it works when the Bills let a star player walk. :lol:

Fans always find a way to talk themselves into accepting these moves.

I am not the biggest Byrd fan around........I don't think he is the best FS in the league.......but he is good and should remain Bills property. When you let players like that go it sets a bad precedent. There alternative will be either be a highly risky young player on the roster(see Colin Brown last year) or a Nick Barnett-type patch.......which will only buy them a short period of time.

Good question.

History as in Mario, Kolb, Anderson, Lawson, Branch, Legursky

Free Agency for the most part is other peoples trash. Every year there are a few good players but for the most part they are retreads. As far as I'm concerned the Bills stepped up when they signed Mario Williams. Past Orakpo and Byrd there is more junk this off season. Good teams are built through the draft. Im glad the Bills aren't the Dolphins. Can we please put this "Bills are cheap" krap to rest.

F*** Bird let him just walk, The OBD offer him a nice contract. But he still don't want to sign with us. That telling me that he doesn't want to play for the bills anymore.

If you want to stick it to him.......franchise him. Otherwise, he will get the big money.....maybe even more.....the same way that Clements, McGahee, Peters, Lynch and Poz did. He's not going to be getting LESS to change teams.

That was an entirely different kind of error. They basically screwed up in evaluating Collin brown.

Keep telling yourself that. If that's true, they're even more inept than I imagined and that's saying a lot.

Free Agency for the most part is other peoples trash. Every year there are a few good players but for the most part they are retreads. As far as I'm concerned the Bills stepped up when they signed Mario Williams. Past Orakpo and Byrd there is more junk this off season. Good teams are built through the draft. Im glad the Bills aren't the Dolphins. Can we please put this "Bills are cheap" krap to rest.

They ARE cheap. Mario Williams is the exception, not the rule. How long can we milk that signing?

Edited by NoJustice

Byrd does NOT want to sign with buffalo at any price. his immediate goal is to get to UFA.

too bad, who cares what he wants, tag his azz.

at $8.3 mil he is good value. if he plays his 100% healthy game, so what.

EXACTLY.

C'mon now, you know that is not how it works when the Bills let a star player walk. :lol:

Fans always find a way to talk themselves into accepting these moves.

I am not the biggest Byrd fan around........I don't think he is the best FS in the league.......but he is good and should remain Bills property. When you let players like that go it sets a bad precedent. There alternative will be either be a highly risky young player on the roster(see Colin Brown last year) or a Nick Barnett-type patch.......which will only buy them a short period of time.

They have spent in recent years on Mario, Anderson, Lawson, Branch and have extended Stevie, Freddie, Kyle, McKelvin and Wood. The whole "Ralph is cheap" mentality is played out. It isn't reality. Neither Poz nor Levitre is worth what they got from bad teams. If the Byrd rumors are true the offer was more than fair.

They have spent in recent years on Mario, Anderson, Lawson, Branch and have extended Stevie, Freddie, Kyle, McKelvin and Wood. The whole "Ralph is cheap" mentality is played out. It isn't reality. Neither Poz nor Levitre is worth what they got from bad teams. If the Byrd rumors are true the offer was more than fair.

All but Mario and Anderson were good/cheap deals. All of them.

You are right that FA is MOST teams trash........but actually, the Bills have routinely provided some of the better players in free agency. It appears on the surface to be cheapness......but Ralph is not always cheap. Ralph just won't fully support a bad team........and the Bills without a QB or a good HC has equated to bad, uncompetitive teams. You can't run an NFL team like that and expect to be successful. Ralph's way dates back to a time when you could get better just by ignoring your problems and stacking talent thru the draft that you had under your control for most of their careers. Nowadays you gotta' be trying to get better all the time because if you aren't making an effort to win all the time it's hard to get up off the mat at all.

If you want to stick it to him.......franchise him. Otherwise, he will get the big money.....maybe even more.....the same way that Clements, McGahee, Peters, Lynch and Poz did. He's not going to be getting LESS to change teams.

Maybe so...But it's not unheard of...Cliff Avril took less last year in order to play where he wanted to play...Byrd could always do the same... B-)

Keep telling yourself that. If that's true, they're even more inept than I imagined and that's saying a lot.

They ARE cheap. Mario Williams is the exception, not the rule. How long can we milk that signing?

Who else would you have brought in if you were the Bills over the past few seasons? Spend every dime right up to the cap and see what kind of players you end up with.

I.E- Dolphins, NY Jets, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles

Need a partner to trade people, you can't just force another team to give us something for a guy they might get outright.

If you don't think Parker was working the rooms at the combine you're delusional. He's got a damn good idea what he can get outside of Buffalo, hell he might even already have a couple of offers on the table.

Byrd looks ok in a Bills uni. Tag him and play him if you can't work out a trade. Get SOME value for him in 2014 (either his play or a trade).

They have spent on several players as you mentioned, and they have re-upped several of their own. That said, they don't often spend the money on the players they should, and they still manage to spend tens of millions less than other teams, when they have glaring holes at a lot of places.

They could have and should have signed Karlos Dansby last year but didn't offer him what he wanted, which wasn't much. Dansby in the middle and Kiko outside would have made this defense significantly better. They didn't want to spend on a LG and it killed them.

Who else would you have brought in if you were the Bills over the past few seasons? Spend every dime right up to the cap and see what kind of players you end up with.

I.E- Dolphins, NY Jets, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles

I don't want to go that route. I want to do what was promised to us. Build through the draft and re-sign our own. Free agency doesn't win games.