Kenny Britt FA WR

simpleman

I like it Simpleman. I am always a big fan of low risk, high reward signings. He has had his issues for sure but he's still better than TJ Graham, Chris Hogan and Marcus Easley as a receiver. I can't imagine that he will bring a high price tag and he has had some great moments in the league. Worth a flier IMO

I like it Simpleman. I am always a big fan of low risk, high reward signings. He has had his issues for sure but he's still better than TJ Graham, Chris Hogan and Marcus Easley as a receiver. I can't imagine that he will bring a high price tag and he has had some great moments in the league. Worth a flier IMO

Ill chalk it up as a "don't know enough" despite being well familiar with his past. Truth is none of us have a clue on his present (unless I've missed content on it). I'm good with second chances but he was in a pretty crazy downward spiral last I knew, and the type that may leave a lot of damage around him, it seemed.

Ill chalk it up as a "don't know enough" despite being well familiar with his past. Truth is none of us have a clue on his present (unless I've missed content on it). I'm good with second chances but he was in a pretty crazy downward spiral last I knew, and the type that may leave a lot of damage around him, it seemed.

I am talking incentive laden contract with little to no guaranteed money. If he comes out in camp and has his head in straight maybe he can contribute. If not, let him walk. He clearly has had more than his share of issues on and off the field but if you could get his talent for next to nothing it's worth a shot IMO.

I am talking incentive laden contract with little to no guaranteed money. If he comes out in camp and has his head in straight maybe he can contribute. If not, let him walk. He clearly has had more than his share of issues on and off the field but if you could get his talent for next to nothing it's worth a shot IMO.

I don't disagree on the philosophy but I feel like there's reasonable leg work that would indicate what direction he's generally heading before he gets to the table to sign. He's always given me the vibe of being closer to pacman or Hernandez (in hindsight with Hernandez) than the run of the mill trouble maker. If you told me an nfl player was involved in a major incident (I'm talking dead body type of incident) he would be high on my list of guesses until he shows promise otherwise. He might be trending the right way but I strongly suspect otherwise based on his past and would guess he'd not be great at hiding that if you camped out in his hometown a few days.

He's had 9 documented run ins with police since he joined the nfl, and is just finishing his rookie deal.

I don't disagree on the philosophy but I feel like there's reasonable leg work that would indicate what direction he's generally heading before he gets to the table to sign. He's always given me the vibe of being closer to pacman or Hernandez (in hindsight with Hernandez) than the run of the mill trouble maker. If you told me an nfl player was involved in a major incident (I'm talking dead body type of incident) he would be high on my list of guesses until he shows promise otherwise. He might be trending the right way but I strongly suspect otherwise based on his past and would guess he'd not be great at hiding that if you camped out in his hometown a few days.

He's had 9 documented run ins with police since he joined the nfl, and is just finishing his rookie deal.

Ha ha, I agree with your list. He would be pretty high on that list somewhere between Titus Young (who is clearly first) and Aldon Smith.

While some of you are denigrating some of the current players on the roster. Why not wait until we see what a different receiver coach can do for these players. For Ike Hilliard to be fired after only one season tells me there might be some issues there. He was a 3rd year assistant, and only one year in Washington, and another in Buffalo as an actual WR coach.

This new WR coach Rob Moore worked with Marrone at Syracuse who is a rookie NFL assistant coach. We will see.

Then, what he said:

Edited by FeartheLosing

While some of you are denigrating some of the current players on the roster. Why not wait until we see what a different receiver coach can do for these players.

This new WR coach Rob Moore worked with Marrone at Syracuse who is a rookie NFL assistant coach. We will see.

I would not support standing pat and seeing what Rob Moore can do. I'd rather upgrade at WR to give Rob and EJ some better players to work with.

Not necessarily saying Britt is the answer though. He is a trouble make, and he does drop passes. But he also makes some great catches.

I'd be leaning to just saying no and looking elsewhere.

I would not support standing pat and seeing what Rob Moore can do. I'd rather upgrade at WR to give Rob and EJ some better players to work with.

Not necessarily saying Britt is the answer though. He is a trouble make, and he does drop passes. But he also makes some great catches.

I'd be leaning to just saying no and looking elsewhere.

The Bills have spent three of the top three draft picks on WR's the last two years. Traded up for TJ Graham in the 3rd in 2012, drafted both Robert Woods at #2, and Marquise Goodwin at #3 last draft.

Plus, they also have Chris Hogan, Marcus Easley, and Cordell Roberson who is 6'4'' on the roster.

Not every player comes out of college blazing...as Stevie Johnson was drafted in the 7th round of the 2008 draft, and spent two years on the bench. He didn't start to play well until mid season 2010.

Drafting another rookie will just hinder the players already on the roster, and bringing in a known troubled player makes no sense to me. I'd like to see if a different WR coach will make a difference with the current players development.

The Bills have spent three of the top three draft picks on WR's the last two years. Traded up for TJ Graham in the 3rd in 2012, drafted both Robert Woods at #2, and Marquise Goodwin at #3 last draft.

Drafting another rookie will just hinder the players already on the roster, and bringing in a known troubled player makes no sense to me. I'd like to see if a different WR coach will make a difference with the current players development.

The Bills will be better off rather in addressing the TE position. Ebron will be a wonderful pick @ 9 (or after trading down).

If the price was right would you sign Kenny to an incentive laced contract to see if we could revive his career?

He has the size and the potential. Is he past history, or does he still have as much potential as a possible mid round draftee?

Living in tennessee, i can tell you very bluntly, hell no. the guy vanished from the playing field, and was easy to remove from games. to his credit he has a whole lot of quit in him though. we have enough under-producing WRs on the team.

Pass.

Not gonna happen. The team that gave away Lynch will not bring in Britt. It would be a disaster.

Lynch is a saint compared to Britt. And even if he wasn't a complete idiot, he hasn't produced. Not one season over 800 yards and he's always hurt. Add to that, he might be a quiter. There are better players/ human beings in the draft. Britt will be out of the league and blaming everyone else why he failed to maximize his talent.

I love the idea. as they say, you can't coach talent. He has talent. Just needs to use it correctly.

If Britt was smart he would go to San Fran on a 1 year veteran minimum and get his **** together. They need WRs and his physical gifts are through the roof.

If he can stay healthy, out of trouble and produce with all the structure in San Fran, he would get a nice FA deal in 2015.

But he'll probably screw up his Free Agency like he screws up everything and hold out for a big multi year deal that probably won't happen, then be a late edition to a team after a few pre-season games for a little over the vet minimum. Then not know the system well enough to contribute and be inactive for most of the season.

Edited by Why So Serious?

But he'll probably screw up his Free Agency like he screws up everything and hold out for a big multi year deal that probably won't happen, then be a late edition to a team after a few pre-season games for a little over the vet minimum. Then not know the system well enough to contribute and be inactive for most of the season.

sounds about right. throw in a mid season interview where he blames everyone but himself and a holiday arrest, and i think youd have hit the nail pretty squarely on the head.

Don't like it he drops balls and is trouble off field. Stevie 2.0

I see practically zero similarities in the two players.

Plus, they also have Chris Hogan, Marcus Easley, and Cordell Roberson who is 6'4'' on the roster.

Not every player comes out of college blazing...as Stevie Johnson was drafted in the 7th round of the 2008 draft, and spent two years on the bench. He didn't start to play well until mid season 2010.

I find it funny that you so comfortably endorse this approach at WR, but condemn it so fervently when it comes to OL. Why the duality?

Not gonna happen. The team that gave away Lynch will not bring in Britt. It would be a disaster.

Different FO staff now...these guys drafted Alonso, Duke Williams, and signed Rodgers despite off-field issues.

I see practically zero similarities in the two players.

I find it funny that you so comfortably endorse this approach at WR, but condemn it so fervently when it comes to OL. Why the duality?

Different FO staff now...these guys drafted Alonso, Duke Williams, and signed Rodgers despite off-field issues.

Everything that Bandit just said.

I can't imagine that anyone thinks that the Bills are set at WR. As far as I am concerned there are only 3 NFL caliber WR on the roster (4 if you count Barden which is debatable). Whether or not Britt is the answer is a different question. He is certainly not worth counting on for anything more than a 6th WR with upside. If you think that he is too much of a problem don't bother. If you think that it is worth a shot on an incentive laden short contract go for it.

risk vs reward...Why not roll the dice

i guess the question would be, where do you draw the line with a statement like that? is there anything a guy that runs fast would be able to do off the field (or on, as he also quit on the team) that would swing the balance too far to even take the shot?

obviously i was pro-darick, but that was under the assumption that the drug problems are put behind him (based on regular testing etc...) and that id be willing to take time to see if the rest falls in line once the main issue was corrected - in this case, ive seen or heard nothing that says Britts problems are being actively worked on or corrected. unless hes cut ties with the home town, i dont really want to see what hes got that bad.

Edited by NoSaint

Everything that Bandit just said.

I can't imagine that anyone thinks that the Bills are set at WR. As far as I am concerned there are only 3 NFL caliber WR on the roster (4 if you count Barden which is debatable). Whether or not Britt is the answer is a different question. He is certainly not worth counting on for anything more than a 6th WR with upside. If you think that he is too much of a problem don't bother. If you think that it is worth a shot on an incentive laden short contract go for it.

Unless the Bills plan to dump Stevie and his 8.5 million dollar cap hit?

My point was the Bills already have used three of their top picks in the last two years already. That is a lot of picks already spent on one position don't you think? A different WR coach just might be able to find a #1 WR already on the roster.

At this point in the draft I'd rather see a TE, OT, LB then another WR if his name isn't Watkins!

Oh, and Hackett rarely runs more then three WR sets from what I've seen.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Unless the Bills plan to dump Stevie and his 8.5 million dollar cap hit?

My point was the Bills already have used three of their top picks in the last two years already. That is a lot of picks already spent on one position don't you think? A different WR coach just might be able to find a #1 WR already on the roster.

At this point in the draft I'd rather see a TE, OT, LB then another WR if his name isn't Watkins!

They have invested in it but it doesn't appear that Graham can play at this point. Goodwin, Woods and Stevie seem to be the only locks at WR. You need 6 or so between spread formations and injuries. Maybe they don't invest a lot on free agency or in the draft but WR is certainly a hole IMO.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

They have invested in it but it doesn't appear that Graham can play at this point. Goodwin, Woods and Stevie seem to be the only locks at WR. You need 6 or so between spread formations and injuries. Maybe they don't invest a lot on free agency or in the draft but WR is certainly a hole IMO.

I agree they need a #1 WR.

But, obviously they fired the WR coach for a reason...obviously. That current WR corps might look a lot different with better coaching is what I'm saying.

Who knows, that #1 WR might already be there if Stevie can return to his 2010 form, as the 11th best WR in yardage. 82 rec, 1073 yards, 10TD's