Super Bowl Commercials Thread

Ralonzo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8:45pm

1) In a world filled with war, sometimes the most powerful weapon is sex. Axe Piece.

2) Grizzly in store, Chobani. What a tubby, out-of-shape bear.

Ironically, the "Axe Peace" commercial made me want to kill something.

I thought they said "Arsepiece". I was trying to find the Burnistoun Gym sketch :lol:

8:52pm

1) The world of Morpheus has been pulled over a commercial. And the world of Pagliacci has been pulled over Lawrence Fishburn's Strachan-gap. Kia K-900. Kinda liked that.

2) Sprint Store. When are you going to have bars over more than 3 square blocks, you bums.

3) Heinz... my grandma sounds like that without ketchup.

8:56pm

1) Bruce Willis choking some guy out. Is that Jared from Subway? I hope so. Honda.

2) Lt Chuck's Nads came home. Budweiser trying to suck extra life for their "beating a dead horse" ad campaign by sending a dude to the Super Bowl. You aint fooling me.

9:03pm

1) Is there anything more American than America? I dunno, is there anything more bizarre than Bob Zimmerman? Let Germany brew your beer, let Asia assemble your watch? That reminds me of a joke:

In Heaven you get: an American salary, a British house, a Chinese cook, and a Japanese wife.

In Hell you get: a Chinese salary, a Japanese house, a British cook, and an American wife.

9:12pm End of Q3, locals

1) NFL

2) Message from Xenu: Scientology

3) Mazda 3 is a sweet car

4) Statham The Union again.

Nice. A pathetic commercial for a pseudo-religion trying to scam people out of their money...followed by a commercial for Scientology.

9:28pm

1) Movie villains driving Jag You Ares. World Domination must wait while my car is in the shop. Again.

2) John Stamos gets the Greek treatment, and is forced to drop his pants.

9:35

1) T-Mobile is better with Tebow. Or hot chicks. Or both.

2) Soda Stream, I thought this commercial was pulled? I guess Scarlett Johansson has some pull. just not pulling on the things I would like her to.

3) Ho-hum, a British vehicle with an electrical fire. What a surprise. Oh wait, that IS Jack Bauer.

Edited by Ralonzo

2) Soda Stream, I thought this commercial was pulled? I guess Scarlett Johansson has some pull. just not pulling on the things I would like her to.

They edited it. The original had a line about Coke and Pepsi at the end.

It's about the 27 second mark....

9:49pm 2 minute warning

1) Oh GIVE IT UP with there friggin' Bud Clydesdales. You've been doing the same damn ads since, what, XXX?

2) It's a well oiled world on Go Daddy.

3) Red headed stepchildren get ridden down by a Mastiff, for Doritos. I didn't say it had to make sense.

Was that really the Dynobots in Transformers 4?

Yes they were.

I turned the game off in the middle of the 3rd QTR. Even though I wanted to see the commercials the game had nothing left in it to interest me.

in poor taste, at least to me, to hear America the Beautiful used as a promotional tool for such a crappy product like sugar water/Coca Cola. Even more insulting to use some sort of universal diversity type idea as the tool for the song.

Sorry we speak English here.

gotta be one or two in the crowd.

What is America made up of? Immigrants. Immigrants that speak different languages.

Yes they were.

I turned the game off in the middle of the 3rd QTR. Even though I wanted to see the commercials the game had nothing left in it to interest me.

What is America made up of? Immigrants. Immigrants that speak different languages.

yep. We are just flag waving, patriotic homers. Can't stand the minorities. Need to close the borders and build fences. We hate everyone.

Dude. Come on. If this was a game with international appeal. An event which would be watched by a diverse crowd. Something of actual importance to this world. It would be different. Its the Super Bowl. Playing what the rest of the world calls American Football. So why the hell does anything else but America matter?

And since we are so great. Ya know, immigrants and all, cool. But we export our products and image. I am not cool with propping up celebs to tout products like Coke. We are one overweight country. We have so many issues beyond that but why do we sit here and believe Beyonce drinks Pepsi? Or whoever drinks coke? Outside of this country soft drinks are not that popular, compared to this country, at least.

Using a fake image of Uhmerika to prop up a fake drink that creates real Americans while pandering to some international crowd reeks of stupidity. The only worse example yesterday was BOA and Apple teaming up and spending how many millions to pay U2 to give away a song for free? For every download paid for they'll donate to AIDS research...why not just donate a flat rate and cut the crap out of the middle?

yep. We are just flag waving, patriotic homers. Can't stand the minorities. Need to close the borders and build fences. We hate everyone.

Dude. Come on. If this was a game with international appeal. An event which would be watched by a diverse crowd. Something of actual importance to this world. It would be different. Its the Super Bowl. Playing what the rest of the world calls American Football. So why the hell does anything else but America matter?

And since we are so great. Ya know, immigrants and all, cool. But we export our products and image. I am not cool with propping up celebs to tout products like Coke. We are one overweight country. We have so many issues beyond that but why do we sit here and believe Beyonce drinks Pepsi? Or whoever drinks coke? Outside of this country soft drinks are not that popular, compared to this country, at least.

Using a fake image of Uhmerika to prop up a fake drink that creates real Americans while pandering to some international crowd reeks of stupidity. The only worse example yesterday was BOA and Apple teaming up and spending how many millions to pay U2 to give away a song for free? For every download paid for they'll donate to AIDS research...why not just donate a flat rate and cut the crap out of the middle?

I thought the commercial reeked of insincere pandering, but I'm certain the point was that America is diverse and should be celebrated as such, not that Coke was appealing to an international audience.

You don't think that there is international appeal? You might want to check yourself before you make more comments like this. Or create a new thread in the PPP and have at it.

Coke and Pepsi, are HUGHE overseas, as is McDonald's, Pizza Hut , KFC

http://www.superbowl....org/21171.html

And just as the percentage of Americans watching football spikes dramatically during the Super Bowl, so too does international viewership.

http://www.ft.com/cm...144feab7de.html

January 31, 2014 7:17 pm

With 164.1m viewers watching some portion of the game last year, the Super Bowl is one of the world’s most watched television events .

http://www.myfoxny.c...national-appeal

Times Square draws people from around the world ... one guy from Norway, said people back home do watch the Super Bowl. A couple from London .... describing the spectacle that is the Super Bowl: "razzmatazz" and "brilliant."

so to will a global media. More than 5,000 press credentials have been issued, including a record number for international media.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yup made up of immigrants you are correct. What would have had a much grater impact had they sung the song in English with their native language's accent.

You don't think that there is international appeal? You might want to check yourself before you make more comments like this. Or create a new thread in the PPP and have at it.

Coke and Pepsi, are HUGHE overseas, as is McDonald's, Pizza Hut , KFC

http://www.superbowl....org/21171.html

And just as the percentage of Americans watching football spikes dramatically during the Super Bowl, so too does international viewership.

http://www.ft.com/cm...144feab7de.html

January 31, 2014 7:17 pm

With 164.1m viewers watching some portion of the game last year, the Super Bowl is one of the world’s most watched television events .

http://www.myfoxny.c...national-appeal

Times Square draws people from around the world ... one guy from Norway, said people back home do watch the Super Bowl. A couple from London .... describing the spectacle that is the Super Bowl: "razzmatazz" and "brilliant."

so to will a global media. More than 5,000 press credentials have been issued, including a record number for international media.

this is not a political thread. My statements were not political. There is no need for the almighty bait of PPP. My response was of social beliefs. I have nothing more to say in haven't said and if you need the guise of PPP to state yoursef then I suggest you rethink what you want to or need to say in order to say it without the protection of the dark basement.

Believing that sugar drinks have no reason to be promoted by athletes and celebs that do not drink them while commercials air in foreign languages... I guess to you that means something different. But football and pop are american plain and simple

this is not a political thread. My statements were not political. There is no need for the almighty bait of PPP. My response was of social beliefs. I have nothing more to say in haven't said and if you need the guise of PPP to state yoursef then I suggest you rethink what you want to or need to say in order to say it without the protection of the dark basement.

Believing that sugar drinks have no reason to be promoted by athletes and celebs that do not drink them while commercials air in foreign languages... I guess to you that means something different. But football and pop are american plain and simple

social beliefs ......

Who's social beliefs? Yours or the 300 million adult people in the US?

FYI Coke and Pepsi have been staples of Super Bowl ads well before you were born.

Pittsburgh Steelers legend "Mean Joe" Greene did a Coke commercial, which premiered late in 1979.

Getting away from sugar based (laced) pop commercials. What about all the Budweiser commercials promoting alcoholism?

6:52pm, Heitz says "Captain Checkdown"

1) Dreamworks Need For Speed. Looks like me trying to get home from work. Was that Aaron Paul? "Faster, B word!"

2) Prom commercial, TurboTax, guy gets his date stolen by Crispin Glover.

3) The Strain... is that like, 28 Days Later The Series?

Oh s**t - a callout on the first page! Little did we know that Payton would have a full on Edward's like meltdown...

Great commercial reviews Ralonzo, you were spot on most of the time!

IMO this was one of the worst years ever for commercials - I'm not even sure I have a favorite spot and I'm a marketer who's client is one of the biggest spenders at the game. All in all it was much like the game itself, a big old "Meh".

social beliefs ......

FYI Coke and Pepsi have been staples of Super Bowl ads well before you were born.

Pittsburgh Steelers legend "Mean Joe" Greene did a Coke commercial, which premiered late in 1979.

Getting away from sugar based (laced) pop commercials. What about all the Budweiser commercials promoting alcoholism?

So if you purchase and drink beer you're an alcoholic? :huh:

Edited by Chef Jim

social beliefs ......

Americans are idiots. I'd delve in to that but it'd get ugly. Its not just Americans. Its people.

Anyway. As chef points out. Drinking a beer doesn't mean youre an alcoholic. Or even after just 1 beer doesn't mean you're drunk. However. I will attempt to continue on your failed logic

You must be 21 to drink. Able to make the decision of what you're doing. But its still bad calories, promoting a poor lifestyle and I don't agree with it either. Most of those beers are mass consumer beers and taste like crap anyway.

We don't need to be consuming sugar at the rate we do.

So if you purchase and drink beer you're an alcoholic? :huh:

Nice Try chef.

if pimping Coke and Pepsi promotes overweight FAT people, well then, what you said.

I worked with a guy that loaded his plate to overflowing then ordered a diet soda. It's not always the sugar sweetened soda.

I have traveled across the globe (well before you were born jboyst62). PEOPLE all over the world drink Soda. Look up Inca Kola for example. Better yet let me help you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca_Kola It is a soft drink that was created in Peru in 1935.

remind me again.... when did obesity became a problem? and when was the last era in which sports people didn't do drugs for enhanced performance?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever