Super Bowl Commercials Thread

Ralonzo

Will we have one? Mods, please move to "Off The Wall" if we're not maintaining it here this year. (I get more paranoid every year)

6:24pm, Break 1, pre coin toss.

1) A movie promo for the next installment of Russell Crowe playing Russell Crowe.

2) Mountain Dew Kick Start. Red rocket, red rocket. Was that actually Jack White or a knockoff?

3) McDonalds wrecking my fond memories of "Bad NFL Lip Reading"

4) T-Mobile. Whatever happened to Carly Foulks? Or even Zeta? I liked the T-Mobile commercials when they had hot chicks.

6:30pm End of Pre-Game show.

1) Ford Fusion commercial for the next Ford Fusion commercial.

2) The next Ford Fusion commercial.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, the Doritos commercial, that's my kind of commercial.

The Chevy truck commercial, all these truck commercials... come on, leave the farmers alone. Besides, who likes Hereford anyway? (how many of you dumbies thought of me on that one?)

Edited by jboyst62

6:46, 5-0 after 5 minutes as the Broncos emulate the Sabres

1) Doritos time machine, not quite up to snuff, their ads have been slipping for years. Ok punchline, but meh.

2) Jim Carrey's brother hauling man cows around in his F-150 truck. What a load of bull.

Edited by Ralonzo

6:52pm, Heitz says "Captain Checkdown"

1) Dreamworks Need For Speed. Looks like me trying to get home from work. Was that Aaron Paul? "Faster, B word!"

2) Prom commercial, TurboTax, guy gets his date stolen by Crispin Glover.

3) The Strain... is that like, 28 Days Later The Series?

7:04pm

1) The Dolly Llama in an elevator, and the DJ guy that I don't know who it is, and Conan of the Ping Pong team. More Bug Light trying to play off "The Hangover" you can't get from Bud Light in real life.

2) Ellen whatserface who still keeps getting paid huge sums of money, apparently for cutting her hair in boyish Sandy Duncan fashion, and nothing else. What was that, Beats Audio?

7:07pm 8-0

1) Is this Bono? Of course it is. He's wearing sunglasses in pitch dark. Wait, theer's gonna be a song. It sucks ass. Yep, it's Bono. When you need to buy a Super Bowl ad to advertise your new album, it's because you made 583 bajibillion bucks in the facebook offering.

2) Car commercial of some sort to show how safe and heterosexual you are in a Hyundai. Still, I almost wrecked when I saw that blonde in the sweater and I'm on a couch.

7:12pm

1) Cheerios. You know how families have a daddy and a momma? Well, not anymore you homophobe bigot.

2) And we roll right into a San Francisco parade for "Squarespace." Who are they, what do they do? Who knows.

3) Radio Shack, washed up stars looting the store. I LOVE IT!!! HAHAHAHAH!!! We have a Winner!

Edited by Ralonzo

7:16pm end of Q1

1) I think it's the genetically engineered offspring of Janis Joplin and that chick from the New Bohemians singing. Chevy Cancer.

2) GoDaddy, A Ben Stein impersonator walking in on... Michael Palin in drag?

3) Progressive Insurance and good ol' Heavy Flo.

Edited by Ralonzo

7:23pm 15-0 and I'm getting bored

1) Bud Light in a commercial to appeal to pot smokers?

2) Tim Tebow, T-Mobile "We'll Buy You Out of Your Contract" Love it.

3) Weather Tech. Weather is made in America. Okay.

4) Transformers the next. Is there a reason Wahlberg is in every other movie that comes out anymore, what is he, Michael Caine or Gene Hackman level actor now?

7:39 and it's getting less and less funny at 22-0

1) 100k miles on a Volkwagen gets the wings faster than Red Bull.

2) Wonderful pistachios with some guy who's never been funny.

3) The annual sop to gay viewers from H&M.

4) Same Pistachio guy, still not funny.

Commercials imitate super bowl :\

Edited by Ralonzo

7:43 on the non-fumble

1) Spider-Man. Is he gonna snap Gwen's neck in this one? (What issue was that, 148?)

2) CarMax clapping. I AM SPARTACUS!

3) Geico, Maxwell the annoying. Why aren't you bacon yet?

4) Russian Mafia threatening M&Ms

7:48pm 2-minute warning

1) Multicultural Cola, America The Beautiful sung in every other language. My phone only has so many buttons. At least keep 1 for English, ok?

2) Hell if I know. Looks like Superman's pad in the 2nd movie with the red and blue zones where he took General Zod's powers...

in poor taste, at least to me, to hear America the Beautiful used as a promotional tool for such a crappy product like sugar water/Coca Cola. Even more insulting to use some sort of universal diversity type idea as the tool for the song.

7:54pm after the failed 4th down

1) Partridge Family bus breaks down. No wait, it's the Muppets. Animal is on smack, you know. Toyota Highlander.

2) Subway sub with Fritos. Hosted by people that you think you probably saw on TV somewhere, sometime, but maybe not.

in poor taste, at least to me, to hear America the Beautiful used as a promotional tool for such a crappy product like sugar water/Coca Cola. Even more insulting to use some sort of universal diversity type idea as the tool for the song.

I have to agree. Sing the song as written. It's a beautiful song. Couldn't follow it in the foreign languages.

Put the original recipe back in production, and all will be forgiven.

You know the NFL nixed a SodaStream commercial, because the product is made in Israel? And then they put this on.

7:58 Halftime

1) Fox Sports 1 shows us who stole Joe Namaths coat.

2) Brightspot, whatever that is. Apparently it gets you laid.

3) Goya makes the difference. Plump and tasty beans, and moms.

4) Bud Light Platinum, the next level in flavorlessness.

5) Ford Fusion and more absurdity.

6) Jason Statham surfs his iPad out of a plane for Awesomeco. I mean, Xfinity.

Edited by Ralonzo

Coca Cola just went on my no buy list.

8:39pm, Richard Dick Sherman down

1) Doberhuahua thing with the insanely hot chick. You Audi know better.

2) Pink pink pink Goldie Blox.

3) Tim Tebow without a contract again, another one I like.

4) Could be a tease for another season of 24, where we're led to believe the terrorists are middle east jihadis, then south american drug lords, then nigerian scammers, but actually turn out to be rich white guys in the highest levels of government and industry, just like all the other seasons of 24.

Edited by Ralonzo